Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19
Send Topic Print
Dragon Run #2, Late Summer 2015 (Read 3292 times)
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Dragon Run #2, Late Summer 2015
Reply #120 - 09/02/15 at 04:57:54

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 09/01/15 at 21:05:11:

Besides, Dave will only show us just how fast his Honda can really go only if it rains on him good.

That "speedy in the rain thingy" only applies to the Cafe' bike when I am cold and completely soaked........I just wanted that ride to be over! Angry

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #121 - 09/02/15 at 05:13:09

Cheesy

Aw, gee ...... it wuz fun catching up to you.    The pounding rain made it more of a challenge.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #122 - 09/02/15 at 15:42:05

Momma wants to leave at about 2am Friday morning, its an 8 hour drive for me.... but with her in the truck it will be about a 10-11 hour ride, so the 3pm time might be about right.

All the clothes are packed up in suitcases.... I de-grimed her bike, tomorrow I will fill it up and then load it up, then load up the truck.

Looking forward to seeing ya'll again.

Are we just gonna wing it this time? or spend a half day watching dave zoom back and forth on the dragon?

When we leave Monday morning (about 2am again), i'll be doing the dragon in my truck with the bike in the back!.... at least that's what my map plan says.....

P.S. Has anyone started a phone list?

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #123 - 09/02/15 at 18:45:25

I got the bike packed up......it was a bit of an adjustment for me as this is the first time I have not taken a car and an enclosed trailer!  I have my top trunk, 2 side bags and a backpack abut 80% full each....nothing really jammed.....and the tank bag just has a few maps, camera and a cell phone charger.  I will learn how to pack lighter as I do this more....I probably have twice as many jeans as I need - but since I have the room I just packed them.

Not to worry old-rider....I most likely won't be zooming around on the Dragon quite as much on this trip.  I am guessing it won't be quite as much fun on an 800 pound sport touring motorcycle.....although the Honda does feel like it handles pretty well in spite of that weight.  And I can't wear the bike out on the Dragon.....as I have to be able to ride it home!

I will PM you a few numbers that I have.

Dave

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #124 - 09/02/15 at 19:41:30

You will probably surprised at how well it will perform, that old harley road glide was cruising like a heavy sports bike when i got comfortable with it.
The wife was loving it! well, except on the really sharp cut-backs when i was dragging the foot boards. LOL.....

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #125 - 09/02/15 at 20:15:38

Plans, huh?   Ya wanna hear plans .....

Don & Bro isn't going to be at the Dragon until noon on Saturday.    Friday is play time and so is Saturday morning with us winding up at the Dragon for lunch Saturday.   Sunday is play time as is a possible short ride Monday morning early.

With Don going with us, well, he can't travel at warp speed on his trike and  Dave is in danger of BIG bike syndrome so he will be being sorta careful as well.

I don't want to be using up medical supplies this trip like last one .....  

(nor getting another pesky ticket either)

We will shake out on Friday and re-shake on Saturday again as the group changes.

Plans are over-rated anyway, you can never seem to execute them when good old reality comes a knocking.

The plan is to HAVE A GOOD TIME !!!!

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #126 - 09/02/15 at 22:05:24

It sound like I might not be getting in truble with brother for leading his #1 Son on a wild ride !  Grin

Dave how early you leaving in the morning ?    I'm trying to get all my loose ends tied off before Friday morning.

Got to get my baler back together and off the tractor,
Got to get some hay out of the field and in the barn
Get a big "Sweet-Lick tub" so the cows will be good while I'm gone.
And if time permits maybe put a new AC unit in the Radio repeater station.
Then pack the bike !  Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #127 - 09/03/15 at 03:37:37

MM....I am at work, and I had planned on working until noon.  If I drive straight through I will arrive about 5:30.  (Uhhhhhm...about 18-1/2 on your military time!).

If I can get away a little sooner and take a leg stretch or two I most likely will also arrive nearly the same time.  I expect that I won't be there before 18 or after 20?  If you have work left to do when I get there.....just point me to what needs done.

« Last Edit: 09/03/15 at 05:12:35 by Dave »  

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #128 - 09/03/15 at 06:03:56

If you have work left to do when I get there.....just point me to what needs done.

Cheesy

I'll save the hard parts till ya get here  Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #129 - 09/03/15 at 20:35:10

hey savages, what is your riding plan for this weekend including monday? new job is going good and i have monday off so i am trying to see if i can sneak up there at the last minute for a day or so if the weather holds out and the wifey is ok with it.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #130 - 09/03/15 at 21:16:11

Stew, can you make it to Simple Life in time for a late breakfast in Robbinsville?    

We will likely do a little something in the morning, but I for one need to be packed up and on the road by 12:00 to 1:00 PM so I can get home and get the trailer stuck in the garage, etc. upon arriving home.

Some of the guys are staying later, so perhaps they should answer your question instead of me.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #131 - 09/04/15 at 04:47:15

thanks. if i came, it wouldnt be until sunday, so thats kinda what i was gauging. its only a 4 hr drive so i could get there late sunday for an all day monday ride, or maybe real early sunday...just trying to maximize on my time and not sneak off from the wifey too early if there isnt activity underway when i would be there.

I'll see what the rest of the gang has to say and see what may be sensible.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
don
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #132 - 09/04/15 at 13:07:58

Tricycle and power chair loaded. Both pair of underwear and all 3 socks packed. I BE READY.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #133 - 09/04/15 at 14:10:27

wonder what the 3rd sock is for... no! don't tell me, don't want to know.   Shocked

WWW   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #134 - 09/04/15 at 15:01:15

Was it a right-handed sock or a left handed sock?

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/26/24 at 16:03:39

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dragon Run #2, Late Summer 2015

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.