Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19
Send Topic Print
Dragon Run #2, Late Summer 2015 (Read 3292 times)
don
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Dragon Run #2, Late Summer 2015
Reply #90 - 08/21/15 at 10:38:27

Hi guys. My brother and I are really looking forward to this getaway. My tricycle don't get the kind of miles per gallon that that your 2wheelers do. Can anyone tell me if they sell gas at Deals gap. Or should I bring a gas can.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #91 - 08/21/15 at 11:07:38

Deals Gap does sell gas, it is non-ethanol and isn't real cheap....but it is the "Good Stuff" and should be frash as they sell a lot of it. The store closes about 8 PM I believe.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #92 - 08/21/15 at 13:11:25

Don,

We stop every ~ 80 miles thereabouts for bathroom and gas, plus I carry a gallon jug of gas in my saddle bag as occasionally somebody needs a sip.

I think this trip I will pack a clear nylon siphon hose and a little funnel  too, as one of the big tank guys could donate a bit in a pinch.

Not to worry about gas too much.   We got that covered I think.

===========================

Dave,  don't be shocked by the people, they are just people.

However, I would keep an eye out for these two -- they are the lonely ones I mentioned earlier.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #93 - 08/23/15 at 21:32:41

This is getting more interesting every day ! Smiley

My other buddy Dave # 2. Still don't know about getting off work ?

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #94 - 08/28/15 at 09:06:18

WE ARE ONE WEEK AWAY FROM TRIP DAY .....

Can we get a status/roll-call from those with all those "depends on circumstances" ??

I need to know how many blue smurf costumes and blue makeup to bring ......

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
don
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #95 - 08/29/15 at 08:14:45

Hi guys. Does anyone know if they have WI Fi at deals gap or the rooster pen. I would like someone to teach me how to post pictures on the forum. Computers are a Mystery to me. They are not of my generation.  Thanks Don

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #96 - 08/29/15 at 10:26:22

Don, if they have wifi at the campground office, then the Rooster Pen is <25 feet away from the office and their office router might reach that far.   Getting router access is an unknown at this time as all I have seen Alan use is his cell phone.

There is no public wifi at the Dragon Lodge, and no cell phone service either.   We have never understood why there was no wifi (possibly no cable service out there and phone was too slow to operate a fairly sizable public wifi zone) and that too might have changed since the last time I stayed there.  

Between Lancer and myself, we have been clipped for HUNDREDS of dollars in various BS late/early reservation related charges by the Dragon Lodge over the years and I won't stay there again for any reason because of how they are and how they have treated us.    

Sad thing is Simple Life seems to have copied Dragon Lodge's policies entirely, so I expect nothing except to pay the full amount for whatever you reserve at either of them.   You are lucky if you don't get eat up with some big "cleaning charges" on top of that.

There are eating places at Robbinsville (1.5 miles away from Simple Life Campground) that have free wifi.    Since Simple Life has no food we will be eating breakfast at Robbinsville a lot.

Wink

« Last Edit: 08/29/15 at 13:32:01 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #97 - 08/29/15 at 12:42:29

I took a 300 mile warm-up ride today.  I bought a GIVI trunk on eBay, and decided just to pick it up instead of having them mail it.  It started out as a really nice cool morning ride....with the liner in place.  I took the liner out on the way home, and by the time I got home it was just a bit too hot when you stopped at the lights.

Bike is running fine.....just need to get it packed up.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #98 - 08/29/15 at 15:15:49

Trailer is out and I have it assembled and hitched to the car for bike loading tomorrow.

Got a totally flat battery on the bike, and I don't know why.   I suspect the new cell phone cradle puts a slight drain on the system (it has voltage reduction circuitry in it) so in the future if I'm not planning on using the cell phone cradle I'll pull the fuse out of the fuse holder just to be on the safe side.

I might actually give the bike a bath -- Dave will be pleased at that since he doesn't like that old ragamuffin looking stuff.

======================================

Battery charged and holding, bike bathed (ugly oil leaks mollified temporarily) and bike has been loaded and strapped down on the trailer.

Clothes picked out, pills packed -- hey, I'm about ready to go.

« Last Edit: 08/30/15 at 07:21:07 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #99 - 08/30/15 at 17:54:49

Oldfeeler:

Glad you are washing your bike.....maybe I can talk MMRanch into washing his before we leave! Wink

If you need a battery...let me know as I have a brand new one coming in the mail tomorrow.  I could pack it and let you use it for the weekend.....find out if the thing is any good before I put it in the fixer-upper bike.

Weather looks promising - chance of a rain storm or two a few days.....but I am going to have saddlebags to store rain gear, and a windshield, and boots that are supposed to be waterproof.  I can handle a shower or two if I have to!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #100 - 08/30/15 at 20:22:19

Stick in in your saddle bags and bring it please.   I think I am good but that thought was predicated on not being able to get one ordered in within the days left before leaving, and not wanting to shell out $100 to buy a wet cell locally at the bike dealership.

I slow charged it back up to 13.5 volts which immediately dropped down to 12.5 volts and then to 12.1 volts after a quick trip to Lowes, so I think my new battery is either 1) has a defective cell or 2) pretty durn shelf aged, being a glass mat type that was built and stored wet.

Dave, having watched you do yours, I think our definitions of "washed" are slightly different.   I engine degreaser sprayed the oily spots and sprayed off the mud and dust from everywhere.   If I did more, my poor bike would fall apart from the sheer shock of it all.  

As it was, I had to rewax the edges of my belt to stop the wet belt squealing, replace a cover screw that fell out in consternation due to the bath event, and my nearby riding lawnmower which witnessed the soapy bike attack immediately shed a seat bolt in sympathy.  

And now my rear brake is squealing like a nutted pig from water getting into the drum area .....

Wink     washing old rat bikes isn't always the best idea, you know.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #101 - 08/30/15 at 20:25:47

My nephew wants to tag along.   He has been hearing tales of Dragon Slaying for years and now he has a GS500.   He is 21 years old and been riding his GS for about 4 months now.   I sold him a 150cc dirt bike about 10 years back , him and his brother had split the cost of a 70cc honda a year earlier.   Well the two of them made a dirt track going around their 120 acre farm and wore it out.   So even though he's kinda new to the road riding , he's not new to sliding around curves and such. ! Roll Eyes    The main thing with him will be getting him back home in one piece  . ..  Tongue

I'll bring my tent just in case we end up with more than 4 showing-up.  Wink

I'll also touch base with Dave#2 ,to see if he got off work or not.  Huh

Huh

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #102 - 08/30/15 at 20:36:30

Bring him.   We got some floor space inside and the little porch out front even if everyone who ever "wishfully said" all do show up.

Anybody heard from Old_Rider?

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/robbinsville-nc/28771/month/12174_pc?monyr=9...

« Last Edit: 08/31/15 at 09:57:53 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #103 - 08/30/15 at 20:40:24

So far a go.... said I would let everyone know if I couldn't.....

Wife and I have the bird cabin across the road from you guys.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #104 - 08/30/15 at 22:10:42

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 08/21/15 at 09:10:50:

Yes, it does look VERY good weather-wise.

Remember to bring a pillow and a blanket (all we get is a fitted sheet).

If you guys get there first, MM can present himself under his real name to pick up the keys.  

The guy who runs the place is Alan Wamsley     Wink     (alias Poppa Smurf).

http://a.abcnews.com/images/Health/abc_blue_man_thg_130925_16x9_992.jpg

Wonder if Alan has watched this video?
http://www.travelchannel.com/shows/mysteries-at-the-museum/video/blue-people-...

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/26/24 at 16:08:29

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dragon Run #2, Late Summer 2015

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.