Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
New spark plug shattered while in. (Read 512 times)
uigiroux

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: EMERGENCY!  New spark plug shattered while in.
Reply #45 - 06/10/14 at 21:10:11

Being as my student loans are paying for this and those were the thoughts I had originally about being in over my head that is pretty much 100% dead on how I feel.   The mechanic who is currently working on my bike originally offered to do the plug removal for free but I had no way to get my bike to him at first.   Only after I messed up did I remember that my gf has triple A so I was able to get a free tow about 40 miles away.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #46 - 06/11/14 at 04:51:33

Buddy O mine had a jet boat w/ a 460 Ford motor. We bounced & hopped that thing all over the lakes of Texas for a coupla years. One day I looked back & that motor winks at me as we hop a wave.. it lifted the motor cover & winked at me.,,  & I knew that wasnt good.. WE shut it down to a crawl & got it on the trailer,,Took it home, discovered some of the wood had busted. We set about fixin it, Man, took a coupla weeks, fiberglass, borrowing saws, buying wood, Pain in the BUTT,, & as we were finishing up Ronnie says,
"Ya know,, I just sent in the payment for the insurance on this thing... Why didnt we use the insurance? "

Dooooh..

Glad YOU didnt cause the problem.

Theyll send ya a new plug, for FREE!

The rest is on you,..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
uigiroux

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #47 - 06/11/14 at 08:57:07

Yeah I know it's all BS but I'm just gonna play along and maybe I'll be surprised....  Though rather unlikely lol.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #48 - 06/11/14 at 09:03:01

What? You a glutton for punishment? You already GOT one "surprise" from them,,

You mite mention you dont have a real hobby & youre kinda lookin for one.. & that should you go away with such a bad taste in your mouth you just mite be tempted to spend time surfing the net for any place their product is mentioned & include a comment or two about your experience.. Whereas, OTOH, should you go away believing theyre an honorable outfit & stand behind their product youll tell everyone they treated ya right,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
uigiroux

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #49 - 06/11/14 at 10:01:17

You read my mind.   That's basically going to be my counter offer when/if they tell me they are only going to replace the plug.  Hell,  just sending the plug to them is going to cost more then the plug itself!
Lol I emailed them telling them what my mechanic told me and that he was very sure it was a bad spark plug and I got a response today from them thanking me for involving him haha.   Yeah...  I'm not one who would ever try and take advantage of a situation like this,  but I get very angry over the principle of how these things are handled and if I  feel like I'm being screwed around I'll definitely find that new hobby,  and get very good at it.    Wink (unless it involves complex motorcycle maintenance...)

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: New spark plug shattered while in.
Reply #50 - 06/11/14 at 12:08:24

I modified the thread title.....I believe the emergency is over.

« Last Edit: 06/11/14 at 14:00:24 by Dave »  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
uigiroux

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: New spark plug shattered while in.
Reply #51 - 06/11/14 at 12:19:29

Dave wrote on 06/11/14 at 12:08:24:
I modified the thread title.....I believe the emergency is over.

That seems about right.

« Last Edit: 06/11/14 at 14:00:04 by Dave »  
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/27/24 at 05:01:39

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New spark plug shattered while in.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.