Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Re: 2 girls shot
Reply #60 - 04/17/13 at 11:11:37

Bill -

You've been a Democrat so long that you can't come to grips with what your party is now.
I can tell you that it ISN'T the party of Harry Truman, John Kennedy, John Glenn, even Lyndon Johnson anymore.  That Democratic party is gone.
It's now the party of people who don't like what America is, and they want to change it drastically into something that I don't cotton to one bit.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #61 - 04/17/13 at 11:23:48

Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 04/17/13 at 11:08:13:
Because the ultra liberals now in power don't think ordinary people ought to have guns.  Why are handguns outlawed in Canada? - same reason - look who runs Canada.

I'm retired I watch news a lot,I haven't seen one thing about them taking our guns,They want restriction on them which I want to.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #62 - 04/17/13 at 13:42:23

bill67 wrote on 04/17/13 at 11:23:48:
Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 04/17/13 at 11:08:13:
Because the ultra liberals now in power don't think ordinary people ought to have guns.  Why are handguns outlawed in Canada? - same reason - look who runs Canada.

I'm retired I watch news a lot,I haven't seen one thing about them taking our guns,They want restriction on them which I want to.

The 2nd ammendment is the most important one, the reason we still have all the others. If the government can put restrictions on guns then what about religion? The press? Jury Trial? Due Process?

It's a very bad idea to rush into something without thinking just for the sake of "where the wind blows" and political expediency.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #63 - 04/17/13 at 13:50:47

Midnightrider wrote on 04/16/13 at 20:22:37:
The NRA isn't opposed to background checks. There's bills tacked on to the original proposition. I have to report all the guns I own or I'm a felon, no matter how long I've had them. I've got my Grandfathers old shotgun, I'd have to report it or if I get caught with it pull time. If I die my wife or children do not get my guns without paying large taxes and mounds of paperwork.. If I sell a gun without proper paperwork I'm a felon. The government wants to know where every single gun is and who it belongs to in the United States. Sri you might agree with all of the above but remember the criminals aren't going to abide by it and the government will be in the position to disarm every law abiding citizen who wants to hunt and target shoot and protect themselves and their families. The NRA is for stronger background checks only and for the record I'm not a member of the NRA. With utmost respect, Midnight

Y'know I thought about this. That is scary ... anyway, I wont jump to the conclusion they want to know where each gun is so they can confiscate it for no reason. My theory - and its only a theory -

I'd guess they want to know where each gun is so they can confiscate them in case you go bad. As in you commit a felony with or without a gun. Say you hit someone with your car while drunk. They want your guns out of your hand so that in your downward spiral you dont get to kill people. Just a theory, I know of 2 guys who need to have their guns taken ... one is illegal and far from balanced. The other is a multi DUI depressed alcoholic idiot. They both are well armed. I cant imagine how it would turn out when either of them need to be arrested. And felon's guns easily pass on to other felons, they all know a lot of em ... its called jail. Best place to learn the art of crime.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
45acp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

on a shooting range in OK.
Reply #64 - 04/17/13 at 13:58:04

registration can only lead to confiscation.

shoot fast. reload faster.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #65 - 04/17/13 at 15:52:55

45acp wrote on 04/17/13 at 13:58:04:

And it will - maybe as soon as you commit that first crime ...

Unless you want felons to have guns ? Then yes we dont need to register ...

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #66 - 04/17/13 at 16:59:28

Sri the Constitution was created to guarantee us liberty, not safety. The 2nd amendment gauantees all the rest of the constitution.. It was designed to protect us from tyranny, high taxation, the same things the British were doing to us. The politicians are such great liars its almost a waste of time to vote. We all admit to voting for the lesser of the two evils. The 2nd amendment was designed to give the people power to change things for the better. The politicians are supposed to be scared of and respect the people, now its the other way around. We're scared to death they're gonna do away with the 2nd amendment and take away all our power. Without our guns we will be at the mercy of whichever lying crook is in office, his handpicked cabinet and Supreme Court. That scares the sh!t  out of me. The 2nd Amemdment gives us the right to protect ourselves from a tyrannical government and to protect ourselves from crazy drunk neigbors. Its all about liberty. The states and the local yocal counties have protection laws. Motorcycle Hemets, speed limits, gun free zones LOL, etc. They're designed for protection. Most of the time they infringe on our liberties. The constitution is all about Liberty and the 2nd amendment give the people the power.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #67 - 04/17/13 at 17:09:01

srinath wrote on 04/17/13 at 15:52:55:

Cool.
Srinath.

You commit the first crime (felony) you will be jailed, your house will be searched and you will never legally be able to buy a gun again. All we have to do is enforce the laws we already have. I don't know of anyone opposed to background checks when buying a gun, its the bills tacked on to it that I mentioned before the people are against. If I'm a law abiding citizen Big Brother does not have any business knowing everything that's inside my house. This whole deal sux big time, its about as stupid as the war on drugs but the outcome can be a lot worse. Our liberty is at stake.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #68 - 04/17/13 at 17:10:23

Midnightrider wrote on 04/17/13 at 16:59:28:
Sri the Constitution was created to guarantee us liberty, not safety. The 2nd amendment gauantees all the rest of the constitution.. It was designed to protect us from tyranny, high taxation, the same things the British were doing to us. The politicians are such great liars its almost a waste of time to vote. We all admit to voting for the lesser of the two evils. The 2nd amendment was designed to give the people power to change things for the better. The politicians are supposed to be scared of and respect the people, now its the other way around. We're scared to death they're gonna do away with the 2nd amendment and take away all our power. Without our guns we will be at the mercy of whichever lying crook is in office, his handpicked cabinet and Supreme Court. That scares the sh!t  out of me. The 2nd Amemdment gives us the right to protect ourselves from a tyrannical government and to protect ourselves from crazy drunk neigbors. Its all about liberty. The states and the local yocal counties have protection laws. Motorcycle Hemets, speed limits, gun free zones LOL, etc. They're designed for protection. Most of the time they infringe on our liberties. The constitution is all about Liberty and the 2nd amendment give the people the power.  

He doesn't want people to have the power, if people have power then they can do what ever they want and we can't have that. No, he wants a dictatorship to control guns and potassium and bats and caves and trucks and felons and freedom and bullets, etc. The funniest one is where the cops will replace your bullet after you shoot someone. Maybe we need a Federal Bullet Replacement Agency.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #69 - 04/17/13 at 17:18:30

Midnightrider wrote on 04/17/13 at 17:09:01:

Cool.
Srinath.

You commit the first crime (felony) you will be jailed, your house will be searched and you will never legally be able to buy a gun again. All we have to do is enforce the laws we already have. I don't know of anyone opposed to background checks when buying a gun, its the bills tacked on to it that I mentioned before the people are against. If I'm a law abiding citizen Big Brother does not have any business knowing everything that's inside my house. This whole deal sux big time, its about as stupid as the war on drugs but the outcome can be a lot worse. Our liberty is at stake.

How do we go from - you will be jailed to your house will be searched. I know of a DUI clown who's not had nothing searched, and he went to jail. You wont be able to buy a gun again ... but what about the arsenal you already have ?

And Dane - stop making BS garbage add on's about what I said.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #70 - 04/17/13 at 21:38:36

srinath wrote on 04/17/13 at 17:18:30:
Midnightrider wrote on 04/17/13 at 17:09:01:

Cool.
Srinath.

How do we go from - you will be jailed to your house will be searched. I know of a DUI clown who's not had nothing searched, and he went to jail. You wont be able to buy a gun again ... but what about the arsenal you already have ?

And Dane - stop making BS garbage add on's about what I said.

Cool.
Srinath.

Sorry, the truth stings a little, don't it...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #71 - 04/17/13 at 23:30:40

I really dont have a problem with some felons having guns. There ARE " crimes" that are felony level crimes that, IMO, dont necessarily label someone a danger to society. Some guy sellin pot? Phhhhyt,, thats Nothing..\

Now, these criminals working to destroy the Constitution? Aww Hayull YEA,, bust theys asses, take their guns & dismiss their armed guards & slap them in the lockup..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #72 - 04/18/13 at 05:58:17

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/17/13 at 23:30:40:
I really dont have a problem with some felons having guns. There ARE " crimes" that are felony level crimes that, IMO, dont necessarily label someone a danger to society. Some guy sellin pot? Phhhhyt,, thats Nothing..\

Now, these criminals working to destroy the Constitution? Aww Hayull YEA,, bust theys asses, take their guns & dismiss their armed guards & slap them in the lockup..

JOG we are pretty lax here about pot. The old timers have seen it all. However there are kids who stone themselves silly. Also a pot dealer, you're assuming he just sells pot. There is always the 90/10 rule. Only 10% of the time someone gets caught. If he was selling pot that day, and he was caught. That is all they get him for. He may have sold something else the day before, or what not.

Being caught for something is an indicator of a propensity to break the law. I seriously have a dislike to do so. I'd be riding along going 2-3 over the limit and have some fool ride by tail light ... I'll point to the speed limit sign when we go past it. So I wont call a pot seller harmless. As adults we do alcohol, tobacco etc etc and know its not going to take over our life, a guy selling pot does not have any qualms about selling to a 13 yr old. That cant be justified IMHO.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #73 - 04/18/13 at 08:42:11

Well, if you are seriously wanted to solve the gun problem then take away guns from all registered Democrats. All the mass shootings were by registered Democrats, or in the case of Columbine, children of registered Democrats. Sandy Hook, Giffords, Columbine, Dorner, Movie Theatre, Family Council, JFK, etc. All liberals.

IP Logged
45acp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

on a shooting range in OK.
Reply #74 - 04/18/13 at 08:45:54

NOT Cool.
Srinath.

i wasnt refering to individual confiscation. i meant confiscation on a national level. why do they need to know how many guns a law abiding citizen has? why do they need to know where i keep my legal guns? why does it bother them that law abiding citezens have detachable magazines? why is it any ones buisiness how much ammo a law abiding citizen keeps for himself?
the only reason they want to know, because they want to take it away.

shoot fast. reload faster.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 21:51:05

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › 2 girls shot

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.