Riverside, CA
Re: 2 girls shot
Reply #30 - 04/15/13 at 15:02:50

verslagen1 wrote on 04/15/13 at 14:26:57:
From your numbers alone...

4% on welfare
6% on unemployment
47% on food stamps

There's a large percentage that given up on unemployment cause of the limits.  47% are either unemployed or under-employed, flipping burgers to keep from starving or living under a cardboard box.

When my brother finally got on welfare, he died the next year, so it's not easy.  And he never collected food stamps.

Excellent point, and there is the fact that almost half of the population doesn't pay federal tax at all, I recall that the number not paying exceeding the number paying for the first time in 16th Ammendment history. There are better ways of taking care of the people who really need the assistance and in a timely manner.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #31 - 04/15/13 at 15:29:43

Dane Allen wrote on 04/15/13 at 15:02:50:
verslagen1 wrote on 04/15/13 at 14:26:57:
From your numbers alone...

4% on welfare
6% on unemployment
47% on food stamps

There's a large percentage that given up on unemployment cause of the limits.  47% are either unemployed or under-employed, flipping burgers to keep from starving or living under a cardboard box.

When my brother finally got on welfare, he died the next year, so it's not easy.  And he never collected food stamps.

Excellent point, and there is the fact that almost half of the population doesn't pay federal tax at all, I recall that the number not paying exceeding the number paying for the first time in 16th Ammendment history. There are better ways of taking care of the people who really need the assistance and in a timely manner.

Aaaaah we are on to the next lie are we ... No problem I will find details on that and post the site and their conclusion - and not just hypothesize.

This is the site - http://www.cbpp.org/cms/?fa=view&id=3505 - That is center for budget and policy and politics - not some funky site.

These figures cover only the federal income tax and ignore the substantial amounts of other federal taxes — especially the payroll tax — that many of these households pay.  As a result, these figures greatly overstate the share of households that do not pay federal taxes.  Tax Policy Center data show that only about 17 percent of households did not pay any federal income tax or payroll tax in 2009, despite the high unemployment and temporary tax cuts that marked that year.[5]  In 2007, a more typical year, the figure was 14 percent.  This percentage would be even lower if it reflected other federal taxes that households pay, including excise taxes on gasoline and other items.

14% pay no taxes at all ... and how many of these 14% are in that 15% listed above, not to mention the 4% and 6% ... and remember you can be in more than 1 as most of these people will be. So its not a straight addition - not 14%+15%+4+6 ...

There is a lot of numbers and observations in that article. You have to read it. It also covers a percentage of high income earners who paid no taxes at all cos they tax havened themselves in the bahamas or cayman islands.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #32 - 04/15/13 at 15:33:06

When you look at statistics, please remember that (1) many of the people on welfare are also part time or full time workers -
(2) many of the unemployed are not counted because they are either small business folks who folded during the recession or lost jobs so long ago they no longer count.  Given that the government back in the  50's felt that 5% unemployment was full employment ...well,  Embarrassed

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #33 - 04/15/13 at 17:17:43

5% is actually very good, vacations, people on maternity/paternity, people moving from city to city for work etc etc theoretically dropping below 5% is almost impossible.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #34 - 04/15/13 at 19:31:36

Trippah wrote on 04/15/13 at 15:33:06:
When you look at statistics, please remember that (1) many of the people on welfare are also part time or full time workers -
(2) many of the unemployed are not counted because they are either small business folks who folded during the recession or lost jobs so long ago they no longer count.  Given that the government back in the  50's felt that 5% unemployment was full employment ...well,  Embarrassed

Bush had 5% for most of his two terms but the problem has always been the changes in measurement. Now you have to look at the labor participation rate to see the real problem. Sure, we are around 9% with the narrowest interpretation of unemployment but those who are no longer looking are not counted, that's just one problem.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #35 - 04/16/13 at 05:27:17

Easy - Unemployment stats -

http://visualeconomics.creditloan.com/a-decade-of-unemployment/

So apparently it can be under 5%. It was 4% in 2000. 4.7% for 01 (a bad year actually, lots of lay off's I heard on the news, including me), 5.8 for 02, and this was all tech bubble going pop - AKA clinton's era.

Then, 6% for 03, 5.5% for 04, 5.1 for 05 (and this was the housing bubble getting pumped and wars being started) 4.6 for 06 and 07, 5.8 for 08 - sharp rise while bush still in office with housing bubble popping, and 9.3 in 09. Deep recession on, bail out's not withstanding.

However the theory is that it would have been 25% if not for the bailout. I dont buy that BS. It may have been 25% for a month or 2 before adjusting the right way without us getting deep in debt. Of course I also thought interest rates were going to rise in 08 and the euro was going to just go from strength to strength.

Anyway I'd lay down the housing bubble @ bush's door, the wars too. Unemployment and expenses due to vacant/un-sold houses on banks books and people returning from the war - Bush's responsibility.

Clinton didn't pump the tech bubble, in fact clinton started the "house flipping" economy in 98 by changing it to 3 years for capital gains.

Obama may have his own trail of tears - as yet to be seen, if immigration reform goes haywire and it will, yes, he should have stopped it, If Obama care goes pear shaped and no its not done it yet, but it may, that too should be dropped on to Obama's book. Many more to come. Lost of nuts has been tossed up, lots of fans are running. It remains to be seen. Detroit seems to have missed the sheite with the fan. Its now better than japan.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #36 - 04/16/13 at 09:32:33

bill67 wrote on 04/13/13 at 19:37:16:
The government isn't after you.How can you even think something like that.Crazy

Is there just something wrong with your brain? Feinstein SAID if she could have gotten the votes to take ALL the guns she would have
Mr & Mrs America, turn them all in

She said that, Bill, BILL, They WANT to disarm us, wake up, accept the facts, stop pretending & for GODS Sake, STOP saying that, its STUPID, Bill..
AND
While the people ARE armed, the goobs know they cant do just whatever they want, tho they ARE pushing things pretty hard in spite of the fact that Americans have lots of guns, OUr freedoms are much diminished since the 60's/

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #37 - 04/16/13 at 09:38:06

Qbama wants to take your guns and kill off all but 10% of the white people.The 10% left will be slaves,ride in the back of the bus.The young white boys will be dragged behind trucks till they die,The young 12 and 13  year old white girls will be well taken care of by their masters.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #38 - 04/16/13 at 09:40:04

& all that babbling & spittle meant what? Proof youre confused?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #39 - 04/16/13 at 09:40:34

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/16/13 at 09:32:33:
bill67 wrote on 04/13/13 at 19:37:16:
The government isn't after you.How can you even think something like that.Crazy

Is there just something wrong with your brain? Feinstein SAID if she could have gotten the votes to take ALL the guns she would have
Mr & Mrs America, turn them all in

She said that, Bill, BILL, They WANT to disarm us, wake up, accept the facts, stop pretending & for GODS Sake, STOP saying that, its STUPID, Bill..
AND
While the people ARE armed, the goobs know they cant do just whatever they want, tho they ARE pushing things pretty hard in spite of the fact that Americans have lots of guns, OUr freedoms are much diminished since the 60's/

Why doesn't the government give up it's guns too? Why do police need high capacity magazines when the public, their employers, aren't allowed to have them?

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #40 - 04/16/13 at 09:42:49

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/16/13 at 09:40:04:
& all that babbling & spittle meant what? Proof youre confused?

JOG the sky isn't falling on anybody but you.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #41 - 04/16/13 at 09:52:22

So, youre saying Feinstein Did NOT say she would have outlawed All guns if she could have gotten enough votes? Are you saying it isnt a Goal of many in government to take the guns?

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #42 - 04/16/13 at 11:08:45

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/16/13 at 09:52:22:
So, youre saying Feinstein Did NOT say she would have outlawed All guns if she could have gotten enough votes? Are you saying it isnt a Goal of many in government to take the guns?

chirp....chirp...chirp...Huh, the crickets are out in full force... Grin

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #43 - 04/16/13 at 11:16:16

He knows I can drag up a video of her..

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #44 - 04/16/13 at 11:55:46

It doesn't matter what Feinstein says or what any one person says,Our government doesn't want to take away our guns,They just want some restrictions,Which we should have,Its just common sense.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/27/24 at 03:54:04

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › 2 girls shot

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.