Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14
Send Topic Print
Why are th goobs buying up ammo? (Read 1063 times)
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Why are th goobs buying up ammo?
Reply #30 - 03/18/13 at 19:10:54

Paraquat wrote on 03/18/13 at 09:17:19:
srinath wrote on 03/17/13 at 14:27:55:
Do we have those "bullets that go around corners" perfected yet ?
Cool.
Srinath.

http://www.gunslot.com/files/gunslot/images/65844.jpg
It's a rifle body and a Glock is attached to the end of it. A camera is mounted and a screen shows a display to the operator.

http://images.gizmag.com/hero/2576_02.jpg

--Steve

This is old ... Clint Eastwood used it (not when talking to the empty chair last year) in where eagles dare ... like stick the gun round the corner and spray before sticking your eye around the corner ... anyway that is a gun that goes round corners - I cant explain this, there was a bullet that can change direction mid flight, its obviously slower, had a target lock etc it was theoretical concept types a few years ago.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #31 - 03/20/13 at 15:20:13

Not theoretical at all.  M1Abrams uses smooth bore ammo that is laser guided (you really think they can compute elevation, wind shear and moving lead on an independently moving target and all that stuff while jolting  over the rough ground themselves at 60mph?)  

An electronically controlled and stabilized laser locks on and then paints the enemy tank while the steerable smooth bore round homes in on it.

Have a smooth bore 50 cal rifle that fires a 50 round with a mobile nose tip that can "steer" the bullet to some degree, once again homing on a laser painted target point.   Won't shoot around corners though, not unless it is a really really BIG corner ....  it doesn't miss though.

Have artillery rounds that will do the same thing.   Mortar rounds too.  Have adaptation kits for old WWII design dumb bombs that makes them "smart bombs" using same sort of tech.

Have shoulder fired weapon that will shoot just past the wall the bad guys are crouched behind, then blow up the round 2 feet past the wall and shrapnel the hell out of whoever is behind it.

And that's just the stuff that Tom Clancy, Dale Brown and Modern Marvels (History Channel) has told us about -- then you got all the really neat new top secret stuff we haven't been told about yet.

Wink

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #32 - 03/20/13 at 15:29:06

Probably should consider ourselves lucky the the DHS is only buyin' the old school stuff that actually has to be aimed.  Angry

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #33 - 03/20/13 at 16:31:39

oldNslow wrote on 03/20/13 at 15:29:06:
Probably should consider ourselves lucky the the DHS is only buyin' the old school stuff that actually has to be aimed.  Angry

Thanks oldfeller - I saw it somewhere almost 7-8 years ago - popular mechanics maybe ...

Oldnslow - That is just what you think ... You think the bullets that target people and can chase and bend and go around corners and explode on contact with their body ... you think you'd know about it ?
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #34 - 03/20/13 at 18:05:02

[quote]You think the bullets that target people and can chase and bend and go around corners and explode on contact with their body ... you think you'd know about it ? [quote]

Yeah, I actually do think I'd know about it.  I know enough about firearms to know that nothing like that, capable of being fired from a weapon that can be carried by an individual, exists. Laser guided artillery and laser guided bombs, yeah. Small arms. No.  

The M16 rifle was designed almost 50 years ago. The basic design of the handguns that the military and law enforcement folks use is close to a 100 years old. Metallic cartridge ammunition is even older than that They still do the job just fine and won't be replaced any time soon. That other stuff is just science fiction BS.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #35 - 03/20/13 at 19:22:02

Now I have seen 4 propeller hover drones carrying an MP5 submachine gun, fired by a button push from the controller station.  Recoil from the MP5 literally pushed the hover drone straight back, but the stream of bullets continued impacting the dummy pretty good as the recoil was linear & straight back.

Night vision, hover drones, I'd hate to fight in a full out modern war ....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #36 - 03/20/13 at 19:55:37

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 03/20/13 at 19:22:02:
Now I have seen 4 propeller hover drones carrying an MP5 submachine gun, fired by a button push from the controller station.  Recoil from the MP5 literally pushed the hover drone straight back, but the stream of bullets continued impacting the dummy pretty good as the recoil was linear & straight back.

Night vision, hover drones, I'd hate to fight in a full out modern war ....

Maybe. But a MP5 still just shoots plain old 9mm. Those bullets aint gonna be chasing anybody around a corner. Our local bomb squad has a robot that can be fitted with a 12 gauge shotgun and can be operated by remote control. It even crawls up and down stairs.But if you're not in front of it, it still can't hit you.

The hardware isn't really the issue anyway. I doesn't take hi-tech weapons to turn a country into a police state. Just compliant sheeple willing to bend over and take it. And the government sponsored training to turn us into just that has been going on for quite some time.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #37 - 03/21/13 at 07:53:35

That training is pervasive in school. Its horrible. It w2as bad when I was there, but now its just disgusting,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #38 - 03/21/13 at 15:35:24

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/21/13 at 07:53:35:
That training is pervasive in school. Its horrible. It w2as bad when I was there, but now its just disgusting,

Dude I did not go to school in the US. I am sorry I think I am looking at all of this with a very balanced eye. The second amendment has been hollowed out by the govt, and your pea shooter can effectively shoot your neighbor and ocassionally someone who wanders into your house. That is about all it can do.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #39 - 03/21/13 at 17:19:12

I doubt Very seriuously youd see what Im talking about if it was in front of you as being Bad. Youd LOve IT.
Im mostly talking about whats in Public school. 1-12..Look at what happens to a kid who points a finger & says Bang.,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #40 - 03/22/13 at 05:59:47

What happens when a kid points a finger and says bang ? someone pretends to drop dead ?

I dunno what you're implying, I see kids do this all the time (my 10 yr old and many of his friends I've seen do, in fact my son doesn't but lots of his friends I see em do)

I dont think there is any en masse brain washing ... unless you want to say the fact they have "international week" where they make em get pictures of say a cricket match or during christmas week there they teach about kwanzaa and ramadan and hanukkah ... yea brain washing, when you have to acknowledge there is people outside america and they may do other things.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #41 - 03/22/13 at 06:57:08

Quote:
What happens when a kid points a finger and says bang ? someone pretends to drop dead ?

Kid does that in school he'll be suspended for violating the ZERO TOLERANCE policy regarding weapons in school. I kid you not.
It happens almost every day somewhere. Draw a picture of a gun, same thing. Last week a kid bit a piece of pastry into the shape of a gun and got suspended. And the the school brought in counselors to talk to the other kids in case they were traumatised by seeing the deadly pastry. Do a search and you'll find dozens of similar cases.

Take a peek at your ten year olds history textbook sometime and see what the schools are teaching that is supposed to be American History.

Better not ride your Savage anywhere near a school either. If it backfires when you shut it off and a teacher hears it you're liable to be tackled by a SWAT TEAM Grin

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #42 - 03/22/13 at 07:22:05

Those things are a result of gun massacres at schools. Not the cause.

Much like post 9/11 we had to get kids to stop watching TV. There were some kids that thought the planes were hitting buildings all day, day after day. Replays from 100 angles and different reports on this or that - kids didn't think of them as replays. They thought it was happening again and again.

I dunno where you guys are going with this. That isn't brain washing, its a reaction to having a school massacre ... and dont say its been happening before sandy hook, cos we've had one in columbine. Kids aren't brainwashed to be librulls in school, sorry, I call BS on that, of course being public school, funded by tax dollars may itself be a librull idea in your eye, so I guess the fact that they are going to a public school = librull brain washing.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #43 - 03/22/13 at 08:10:26

Teaching kids that a picture of a gun, or a finger, is the same thing as a real gun, IS brainwashing.Pretty soon they won't even be allowed to use the word. How exactly does teaching someone to be afraid of a picture, or a pastry, help prepare them to deal with the real world where real threats sometimes, unfortunate as that might be, exist.

And the public schools are intended to turn out crop after crop of little liberals. They have been for a long time. That's part of the reason this country is in the mess it's in today.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #44 - 03/22/13 at 09:22:06

No one remembers the article I posted with a video?

There was a deaf kid. His name is "Hunter".
The National how-ya-doin' for sign language association committee branch's symbol for "hunter" is making the gun out of index finger and thumb.
So this kid is saying his own name, making that hand sign which is recognized around the world, and got suspended.

Call it brain washing, call it "conditioning".
Same thing with the news. Any time there is a crime committed, even with a knife, they use their generic image which shows a gun and a knife on it.

--Steve

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 18:37:46

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Why are th goobs buying up ammo?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.