Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14
Send Topic Print
Why are th goobs buying up ammo? (Read 1063 times)
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Why are th goobs buying up ammo?
Reply #150 - 03/29/13 at 21:09:51

Dane Allen wrote on 03/29/13 at 12:51:49:
bill67 wrote on 03/29/13 at 09:15:15:
Dane Allen wrote on 03/29/13 at 09:11:13:
bill67 wrote on 03/29/13 at 09:06:06:
Take the gun control out of Chicago and see how many less people are killed.

I would be a lot less, just like what happens everywhere else. Interesting how places with the most restrictions have the most violence. Take England, 35 or so shootings a year but the rape and robbery rates are sky high, dwarfing those same stats here is the states. I will look for those studies I read and try to post them for all to see.

Had you rather a friend of yours be raped and robbed or killed.And I don't think they will be robbing 5 and 6 year old kids.

Good News!!! With a firearm to defend myself I am able to choose none of the above. It's a false argument to say the choice is between rape and death, I choose the third option of removing the villian from the equation.

Yea, that's right, sure worked well for the sandy hook nutcases mom didn't it.

Of course the 27 others that followed, well they should have just shot the shooter before he started shooting them.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #151 - 03/29/13 at 21:15:29

srinath wrote on 03/29/13 at 21:09:51:

I would be a lot less, just like what happens everywhere else. Interesting how places with the most restrictions have the most violence. Take England, 35 or so shootings a year but the rape and robbery rates are sky high, dwarfing those same stats here is the states. I will look for those studies I read and try to post them for all to see.

Had you rather a friend of yours be raped and robbed or killed.And I don't think they will be robbing 5 and 6 year old kids.

Good News!!! With a firearm to defend myself I am able to choose none of the above. It's a false argument to say the choice is between rape and death, I choose the third option of removing the villian from the equation.

Of course the 27 others that followed, well they should have just shot the shooter before he started shooting them.

Cool.
Srinath.

Armed guards or armed faculty at the school would have lowered the body count by a big amount.  Once all schools across the nation have this in place school shootings will be a thing of the past, since the crazies will see that the schools are no longer an easy target for massive soft targets with no resistance and no fear of being in a return fire situation.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #152 - 03/29/13 at 21:18:38

rfw2003 wrote on 03/29/13 at 21:15:29:

Cool.
Srinath.

Armed guards or armed faculty at the school would have lowered the body count by a big amount.  Once all schools across the nation have this in place school shootings will be a thing of the past, since the crazies will see that the schools are no longer an easy target for massive soft targets with no resistance and no fear of being in a return fire situation.

R.F.

Excellent, and you plan to pay for those armed guards how ? When you cant even stop screaming about "government spending".

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #153 - 03/29/13 at 21:22:31

Here in TX the schools are paying for it out of their own budget.  The smaller schools are arming the faculty because it's cheaper then hiring guards or paying the PD to act as guards. The bigger schools are bringing in the PD or private guards out of their own budget.  We may end up paying more in land taxes next year and the following years, but that's a small price to pay, to protect our children.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #154 - 03/29/13 at 22:15:55

All the middle and high schools in NC have a SRO (School Resource Officer) It wouldn't cost that much more to put one at the elementary schools. They could use the National Guard or some form of military personel and it wouldn't cost anything because these guys get a gov. paycheck anyway. There should be no gun free zones in the US except for a few buildings in Wasington and courthouses. I really think every politician should be issued a firearm and let him protect him or herself. No more Secret Service. A life is a life.That might change their mind. I'd love to see Bloomberg walk the streets of NY city at night with no protection. Anyone in Chicago who doesn't have a gun should be issued one. See what happens to the crime rate then. I think computer voting machines should be set up at public libraries  where every 6 mos you could fire a politician if over 50% weren't satisfied with their performance. We're scared of the government and its supposed to be the other way around. The computers could be set up for the people to declare war, the president and congress have proven they're not worthy of the power. The people should vote on the tax rates, most of us don't mind paying our fair share. The rich 5% will get outvoted. We need to take our country back, return it to the people who built it and made it what it use to be.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #155 - 03/29/13 at 22:22:39

Midnightrider wrote on 03/29/13 at 22:15:55:
All the middle and high schools in NC have a SRO (School Resource Officer) It wouldn't cost that much more to put one at the elementary schools. They could use the National Guard or some form of military personel and it wouldn't cost anything because these guys get a gov. paycheck anyway. There should be no gun free zones in the US except for a few buildings in Wasington and courthouses. I really think every politician should be issued a firearm and let him protect him or herself. No more Secret Service. A life is a life.That might change their mind. I'd love to see Bloomberg walk the streets of NY city at night with no protection. Anyone in Chicago who doesn't have a gun should be issued one. See what happens to the crime rate then. I think computer voting machines should be set up at public libraries  where every 6 mos you could fire a politician if over 50% weren't satisfied with their performance. We're scared of the government and its supposed to be the other way around. The computers could be set up for the people to declare war, the president and congress have proven they're not worthy of the power. The people should vote on the tax rates, most of us don't mind paying our fair share. The rich 5% will get outvoted. We need to take our country back, return it to the people who built it and made it what it use to be.

I really like that idea.  Put our tax dollars to a good cause instead of protecting the corrupt politicians and government employees with the secret service and national guard or military forces put them in places that protect the people instead.  It wouldn't cost us anymore and those corrupt idiots might just change their minds and figure out what it actually needed instead of what they want for themselves.

R.F.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #156 - 03/30/13 at 07:24:16

rfw2003 wrote on 03/29/13 at 22:22:39:
Midnightrider wrote on 03/29/13 at 22:15:55:

I really like that idea.  Put our tax dollars to a good cause instead of protecting the corrupt politicians and government employees with the secret service and national guard or military forces put them in places that protect the people instead.  It wouldn't cost us anymore and those corrupt idiots might just change their minds and figure out what it actually needed instead of what they want for themselves.

R.F.

Oh yea, the fallacy of "smarter government" as peddled by RMoney ... and yea we need to rearrange everything to make your idea work ... if we could make govt smarter we would have, if we could make anything better, we would have. We can divert $$$ from corruption to do everything - except we cant.

BTW your TX may be different ... I have lived in Houston in the Cy-Fair district, and with each teacher managing 20-30 kids when an emergency starts, these teachers will have their hands full herding these cats ... I mean kids to safety I dont think any of them will be able to coherently "return fire". Same with NC where I live now.

The resource officer - 1 per school wont be enough, a big school would need 8-10, small school maybe 4-5. Is the resource officer there to deal with the kids bringing knives/guns to school though ? Or an external shooter ?

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #157 - 03/30/13 at 07:41:49

rfw2003 wrote on 03/29/13 at 21:15:29:

Cool.
Srinath.

R.F.

Correct,, again, so easy, so obvious,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #158 - 03/30/13 at 07:51:52

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/30/13 at 07:41:49:

No hell no, not even close to correct, its obvious, but definitely not likely to work at all ... and why does it surprise me you will parrot anything from your side.

There is no certanity here ... you will be dealing with probabilities. So any absolute is wrong. If we did this or that it will change the probabilty from 2% to 1% ... that would be the best way to describe the situation and the effect of what you did.

Not to mention this will do nothing for the first armed person killed - his mom which was the whole point of this off shoot of this thread.

OK so you'd have an armed guard @ every nutcases house ?

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #159 - 03/30/13 at 09:06:22

srinath wrote on 03/30/13 at 07:51:52:

No hell no, not even close to correct, its obvious, but definitely not likely to work at all ... and why does it surprise me you will parrot anything from your side.

There is no certanity here ... you will be dealing with probabilities. So any absolute is wrong. If we did this or that it will change the probabilty from 2% to 1% ... that would be the best way to describe the situation and the effect of what you did.

Not to mention this will do nothing for the first armed person killed - his mom which was the whole point of this off shoot of this thread.

Cool.
Srinath.

I won't rebut the obvious flaws here, Srinath, your reply made me think of a quote reposted again today from the owner of a blog I frequent.

"You can't reason a person out of a position that they weren't reasoned into in the first place." Ace - Ace of Spades HQ

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #160 - 03/30/13 at 20:02:20

"The resource officer - 1 per school wont be enough, a big school would need 8-10, small school maybe 4-5. Is the resource officer there to deal with the kids bringing knives/guns to school though ? Or an external shooter ?"   After Columbine School Resource Officers were trained for weeks, maybe months to keep that from happening again. I know, I'm married to one. Bring our troops home and put an armed soldier at every elementary school and it will not cost the taxpayers a dime. The military personnel are going to get a paycheck whether they do anything or not. Lanza was a terrorist and its the militarys job to protect us from terrorist, foreign and domestic.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #161 - 03/30/13 at 22:17:35

As long as the unions and liberals control the schools then nothing will get better. Schools and similar institutions need to be less of an attractive target and that means more armed personnel.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #162 - 03/30/13 at 23:46:59

As long as there's no protection for the elementary students they will be sitting ducks. NOTHING Obama has introduced will make them safer.Obama is more interested in who has what than protecting anyone . I think using these kids and parents for personal gain is unforgivable.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #163 - 03/31/13 at 04:48:56

Dane Allen wrote on 03/30/13 at 09:06:22:
srinath wrote on 03/30/13 at 07:51:52:

Cool.
Srinath.

I won't rebut the obvious flaws here, Srinath, your reply made me think of a quote reposted again today from the owner of a blog I frequent.

"You can't reason a person out of a position that they weren't reasoned into in the first place." Ace - Ace of Spades HQ

Yea quoting random people = you dont have a leg to stand on.

But oddly you came to the same conclusion about schools -
Schools and similar institutions need to be less of an attractive target and that means more armed personnel.

Midnight -
The military personnel are going to get a paycheck whether they do anything or not. Lanza was a terrorist and its the militarys job to protect us from terrorist, foreign and domestic.

I agree, but when there is no war, military is smaller. This will end up costing us plenty, just that we expect it to be lower in the near future, but it wont if we "deployed the military to our schools".

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #164 - 03/31/13 at 06:34:55

rfw2003 wrote on 03/29/13 at 21:22:31:
Here in TX the schools are paying for it out of their own budget.
<snip>
R.F.

See this makes you wonder how much more surplus they have ... and since taxes pay for schools, makes you wonder if they aren't collecting too much $$$ in taxes.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 16:01:54

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Why are th goobs buying up ammo?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.