Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14
Send Topic Print
Why are th goobs buying up ammo? (Read 1063 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Why are th goobs buying up ammo?
Reply #135 - 03/29/13 at 07:29:54

Ive said More guns = less gun violence. Its documented. Im not in the gun sales business, criminals are. Intelligent people who understand THEY are responsible for their own well being look at the potential to become a victim of crime & respond.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #136 - 03/29/13 at 08:14:48

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/29/13 at 07:29:54:
Ive said More guns = less gun violence. Its documented. Im not in the gun sales business, criminals are. Intelligent people who understand THEY are responsible for their own well being look at the potential to become a victim of crime & respond.

I stand corrected. I shouldn't put words in other peoples mouths I guess. And I think you are correct. I'ts true that in places with easy to obtain concealed carry permits for the law abiding, gun crime goes down.

Keeping guns out of the hands of people who should not have them is the real problem. Laws that infringe the rights of folks who actually obey the law don't help much. The criminal types just ignore them.

While I think there are proponents of gun control that are sincerely looking for a solution, I think they are in the minority. I fear that the most vocal advocates of gun control schemes are motivated by their own fear and diskike of guns and gun owners. They don't like guns,don't want guns themselves, therefore they think nobody should have them.

And it doesn't stop with guns. It's part of the whole nanny-state attitude that is so prevelant today. Don't like this or that. No problem.
Just pass a law so nobody can have, or do, whatever that thing happens to be. The mayor of NYC is a good example. He's a rabid anti-gun rights guy, but he also thinks he should be able to tell people what kind of food they can eat and how big a cup of soda pop they can have. And he has ordered his police force to stop and search anyone they darn well please anywhere in NYC with no probable cause. I know it's kind of a tired old cliche, but gun control is not really about guns at all. It's about CONTROL.

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #137 - 03/29/13 at 08:28:13

oldNslow wrote on 03/29/13 at 08:14:48:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/29/13 at 07:29:54:

I stand corrected. I shouldn't put words in other peoples mouths I guess. And I think you are correct. I'ts true that in places with easy to obtain concealed carry permits for the law abiding, gun crime goes down.

Keeping guns out of the hands of people who should not have them is the real problem. Laws that infringe the rights of folks who actually obey the law don't help much. The criminal types just ignore them.

While I think there are proponents of gun control that are sincerely looking for a solution, I think they are in the minority. I fear that the most vocal advocates of gun control schemes are motivated by their own fear and diskike of guns and gun owners. They don't like guns,don't want guns themselves, therefore they think nobody should have them.

And it doesn't stop with guns. It's part of the whole nanny-state attitude that is so prevelant today. Don't like this or that. No problem.
Just pass a law so nobody can have, or do, whatever that thing happens to be. The mayor of NYC is a good example. He's a rabid anti-gun rights guy, but he also thinks he should be able to tell people what kind of food they can eat and how big a cup of soda pop they can have. And he has ordered his police force to stop and search anyone they darn well please anywhere in NYC with no probable cause. I know it's kind of a tired old cliche, but gun control is not really about guns at all. It's about CONTROL.

Well said OldnSlow

You hit the nail square on the head.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #138 - 03/29/13 at 09:04:34

Dane Allen wrote on 03/28/13 at 15:54:26:
bill67 wrote on 03/28/13 at 15:37:13:
The more guns thats out there it will be easier and cheaper for the lunatics to get them.

Have you seen gun and ammo prices recently?

Yes I have seen the gun and ammo prices,Fads come and go A year from now they will be dirt cheap.Over the next year killings with get worse and more worse as the guns are cheap the teen age kids with all have them.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #139 - 03/29/13 at 09:06:06

Take the gun control out of Chicago and see how many less people are killed.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #140 - 03/29/13 at 09:11:13

bill67 wrote on 03/29/13 at 09:06:06:

I would be a lot less, just like what happens everywhere else. Interesting how places with the most restrictions have the most violence. Take England, 35 or so shootings a year but the rape and robbery rates are sky high, dwarfing those same stats here is the states. I will look for those studies I read and try to post them for all to see.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #141 - 03/29/13 at 09:15:15

Dane Allen wrote on 03/29/13 at 09:11:13:

I would be a lot less, just like what happens everywhere else. Interesting how places with the most restrictions have the most violence. Take England, 35 or so shootings a year but the rape and robbery rates are sky high, dwarfing those same stats here is the states. I will look for those studies I read and try to post them for all to see.

Had you rather a friend of yours be raped and robbed or killed.And I don't think they will be robbing 5 and 6 year old kids.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #142 - 03/29/13 at 09:23:55

Yeah, England has developed a really weird concept of lawful behavior in the past 20 years or so. Catch a burglar in your home. Bop him upside the head with a cricket bat to keep him from stealing your stuff and YOU go to jail for assault. No right of self defense - thats the police's job - you just cower in the corner till they get there, and hope that the guy just wants your TV, not your wife, or your life.

Lot of folks in the USA think we should be riding down that same road.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #143 - 03/29/13 at 12:51:49

bill67 wrote on 03/29/13 at 09:15:15:

Had you rather a friend of yours be raped and robbed or killed.And I don't think they will be robbing 5 and 6 year old kids.

Good News!!! With a firearm to defend myself I am able to choose none of the above. It's a false argument to say the choice is between rape and death, I choose the third option of removing the villian from the equation.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #144 - 03/29/13 at 14:55:56

Well I guess all kids in school should have semi automatic weapons and we will live happily ever after. Roll Eyes

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #145 - 03/29/13 at 15:31:29

bill67 wrote on 03/29/13 at 14:55:56:
Well I guess all kids in school should have semi automatic weapons and we will live happily ever after. Roll Eyes

& you wonder why [people treat you like an idiot,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #146 - 03/29/13 at 19:00:13

Gun control imposed at the city level is almost worthless.
Nearly all the gun crime committed in NYC is with guns purchased legally in SC or GA. In effect they call I 95 the "iron pipe" ...
These are the points I'd make in the gun control.
1. There is no gun control that shouldn't be imposed national level. City and state level wont work.
2. If we have some serious legislation we may have to get canada and Mexico to go along (but since mexico is busy pumping drugs into the US as fast as they can we may have to settle for an even swap guns for drugs)
3. Getting guns out of criminal and would be criminal hands as well as out of the hands of nut cases would be the worlds largest government program.

These may be the realities of having the right to own firearms.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #147 - 03/29/13 at 20:16:51

Dane Allen wrote on 03/29/13 at 12:51:49:
bill67 wrote on 03/29/13 at 09:15:15:

Good News!!! With a firearm to defend myself I am able to choose none of the above. It's a false argument to say the choice is between rape and death, I choose the third option of removing the villian from the equation.

Correct,, simple, straight forward, obvious answer.. somehow it escapes those who believe the goobs should fix everything,

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #148 - 03/29/13 at 20:31:30

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/29/13 at 15:31:29:
bill67 wrote on 03/29/13 at 14:55:56:

& you wonder why [people treat you like an idiot,

Not everyone treats you like an idiot Bill67. Just those without any real points to stand on except "we dont wanna do it" ...
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #149 - 03/29/13 at 20:53:13

oldNslow wrote on 03/29/13 at 06:43:37:
sirinath wrote:
"I think India rate second in per capita gun ownership..."

Total BS. easy to verify. India is 110 on this particular list and it's not the only list.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_guns_per_capita_by_country

"Anyone who says we need more guns to stop gun violence is basically in the gun selling buisness..."

I don't think anybody on here said that. I know I didn't. I have always argued that taking guns away fron NON CRIMINALS is not the answer.

OK this is not true, cos most guns in india are unknown to any accounting authority and heck till maybe 10 years ago we didn;t even have a SSN system nor a Drivers license system ... for example, I do not have a Indian SSN, my wife does cos there had to be transaction in her name ... anyway here is the article by a source local to India - who reports from the street and not from the govt.

India is Home to Largest Number of Illegal Guns and Resultant Violence
Madan Singh
FOLLOW
The Indians love guns. During the days of the Raj, the British had restricted the issue of gun licenses to ordinary Indians as they feared another mutiny on the lines of 1857. But even at that time many Indians owned guns illegally and used them with impunity like the dacoits of the Chambal. Preently India has the largest number of illegal hand guns in the world

http://popculture.knoji.com/india-is-home-to-largest-number-of-illegal-guns-a...

Here is the kicker - the reporter is most likely under reporting ... not by a little too, cos they are also afraid of search and seizure, and there cops are essentially thugs with a badge. I've seen a rifle in most houses when I was growing up. As common as cricket bats ... but a lot less fun when used as one ... and I can still see the look on my dad's face when we did. Man it could make a tennis ball fly. Yea when we didn't have a bat we used rifle butts as bats

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 21:23:53

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Why are th goobs buying up ammo?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.