Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Seeking advice on clutch replacment (Read 5045 times)
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Re: Seeking advice on clutch replacment
Reply #75 - 01/27/18 at 05:50:56

No need for washers or spacers our clutch assembly is weak and fragile, all that will cause a failure eventually ! Best option is a Barnett clutch kit , it has all the plates and springs and it works great for a engine with lots of upgrades. After that make sure your using the right oil !!!

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Bender
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SF Bay Area, CA
Re: Seeking advice on clutch replacment
Reply #76 - 05/18/19 at 20:13:29

I'd like to add another data point to this forum. I bought my 2009 S40 a few weeks ago with 14,500 miles, and a clutch that slips above 30 mph. The clutch seemed like it was barely engaging from a stop, I could put the bike in 1st, release the clutch lever, and it wouldn't stall, but I could give it throttle and it would go.

I did not observe where the clutch release arm was adjusted to before I started the work. I opened the clutch cover, and took out the 45.5mm push rod, and put in the long 46.5mm push rod, based on the information I found in the first few pages of this thread. Buttoned everything up, and started the bike, and clutch would not engage at all. I shifted it into 1st, released the clutch lever, and bike sat idling and stationary, in 1st. I tried it in 2nd and same thing. So the clutch was keeping the engine and transmission separate constantly, and now it was worse than before.

I now observed that the clutch release arm was at the bottom mark. I opened up the clutch cover, and put in the short 44.5mm push rod. I closed it all up, and now the clutch release arm was pointing almost to the top mark. I started the bike up, put it in 1st, and as I released the clutch lever, I felt it begin to pull immediately. I took it out on a ride and it it felt like a new clutch.

As stated in the last few pages of this thread, check where you clutch release arm is pointing before you decide to change out the push rod for a different length. For me the clutch release arm was pointing to the bottom mark, and I changed it for a shorter push rod, and that completely fixed the issue.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/18/24 at 21:28:32

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Seeking advice on clutch replacment

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.