Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Send Topic Print
Ideas for Next Group Ride (Read 5 times)
RockyRoad
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Columbus, Ohio
Re: Ideas for Next Group Ride
Reply #45 - 08/09/05 at 19:42:04

Hi ,

I am in Columbus, Ohio. Anyone up for a ride ?
TOTD sounds great !!

Jim

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #46 - 08/09/05 at 22:08:32

Joel wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
The Crest sounds like a great idea. Are there enough gas stops along the way for our little tanks? Its 10/10 the decided date?

Gas up in LaCanada, it's only about 80 miles to the I15.  The last time I rode with anyone was on dirt bikes in the '70's.  Allegedly there are services along the way, bars and such.  Unless something more important comes up 10/10 is a go for me.  Something important would be teenaged daughters.  Executive Support for SBC is not important.

WWW   IP Logged
Jim_R
Ex Member

Reply #47 - 08/09/05 at 22:44:21

Man i wanna go because it would be so kewl to meet all of ya and ride. but my god my butt goes numb after 30 mins on the road let alone like 3.5 hrs.   I would be fun tho and IM still debating.  I think torque wants to go and maybe lancer. hmmm  read this

The most infamous Triumph event in the country? In the world? Even Speed Channel had to come see what all the fuss was about last year and they left with the best Corbin’s Ride On segment of the year. And those are their words, not ours. The Dragon RAT raid just gets better and better every year. Quite possibly the best motorcycle riding in the East, the area features the legendary Dragon and it’s 318 curves in 11 miles. Traverse between the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, part of the Appalachian Mountains on one side, and the Little Tennessee River with the Fontana Dam, Calderwood Dam, Cheoah Dam, and the Chilhowee Dam on the other. There isn’t a bad road within a hundred miles for cruising in the back country and taking in the sights. Join RAT on Saturday night for all of the festivities including live blue grass music, pig roast, proper British beer, RAT awards, raffles, and more! And don’t forget your kilt! A tradition of honor and bravery is to wear a kilt to the party at the Dragon on Saturday night. Just remember, if you wear something under your kilt, it’s just a skirt!

i wonder if speed channel will clock us going 30mph?  And here are the Suzuki Savages wiping up the rear end haha.

IP Logged
Karen627
Ex Member

Reply #48 - 08/10/05 at 00:06:08

All right, then: so far two of us have said yes to September 24th (assuming no other commitments).  

So, RockyRoad, JimR, Mark (who first suggested it), Lancer, Red2k1, and Paula (and anyone else) -- if you're all still interested, does the 24th work for you?  

Deb, if you read this, we'll be pretty close to eastern TN if you want to come along.  

And just a note here: when we do this, I say we all wear whatever we like.  We ride Savages/S40's -- we have no kilt requirement.  (Unlike a certain other bike...)  Shocked Grin

IP Logged
Paula71
2005 No Login

Ohio Rider 'N Luvn
every minute!

Troy, Ohio
Reply #49 - 08/10/05 at 04:30:53

Karen627 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
All right, then: so far two of us have said yes to September 24th (assuming no other commitments).  

So, RockyRoad, JimR, Mark (who first suggested it), Lancer, Red2k1, and Paula (and anyone else) -- if you're all still interested, does the 24th work for you?  

Deb, if you read this, we'll be pretty close to eastern TN if you want to come along.  

And just a note here: when we do this, I say we all wear whatever we like.  We ride Savages/S40's -- we have no kilt requirement.  (Unlike a certain other bike...)  Shocked Grin

CheesyYes, the 24th sounds good so far, planning on it.  It will be a 6 hour ride out, anyone in Ohio/Kentucky wanting to ride, maybe we can meet up along the way?
Have had a few suggestions to trailer Shocked

WWW sctsamj sctsamj   IP Logged
marke2571
2004 No Login

Free Spec Ops
Cody!!!!

Georgia
Reply #50 - 08/10/05 at 05:29:03

24th is good for me. Can I wear a kilt?  Grin

'02 Silver Savage
Macon, Ga.
  IP Logged
Karen627
Ex Member

Reply #51 - 08/10/05 at 05:48:58

marke2571 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
Can I wear a kilt?  Grin

I don't know if you can, but I know this guy can't:

IP Logged
Oklahoma_Mike
2005 No Login

With two on the
ground love can be
found

Tulsa Oklahoma Area
Reply #52 - 08/10/05 at 06:15:49

Oklahoma chiming in!! Any in this area want to meet?? I will head North, South, East or West. Let me know!!!
8)

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #53 - 08/10/05 at 06:22:25

Karen627 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
I don't know if you can, but I know this guy can't:

http://www.utilikilts.com/photogall/gal06/pride2002.jpg

Hmmm, think the nipple-rings were a bit much?

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Karen627
Ex Member

Reply #54 - 08/10/05 at 06:26:28

Savage_Rob wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
Hmmm, think the nipple-rings were a bit much?

Oh, yeah.  Without the nipple rings, he would have been fine.

Grin

IP Logged
CHRIS
2005 No Login

FRIENDSVILLE, MARYLAND
Reply #55 - 08/10/05 at 20:54:30

I'm in maryland (garrett county- western most county). Susan spoke of a PA ride, where would that be? greg650, I'm not sure uf that was my name or not, but where about are you speaking of? I'm interested but holidays and weekends may be tough because of work, but hey, I got vacation days and what better way to spend them!!!!!!!

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #56 - 08/10/05 at 21:41:59

lets see we had the mountain ride in june, the lake ride in july, hopefully the full moon ride on the 19th of aug.

so whats the theme of this ride.  ???

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Karen627
Ex Member

Reply #57 - 08/11/05 at 02:01:13

Just a heads up for anyone wanting to make reservations: I think the Triumph kilt-wearing folk will be staying at the Tapoco Lodge in Robbinsville, NC -- at least, that's where they've stayed in the past; seems they got something like 85 bikers showing up at a past event.  So I don't know what that means for vacancies at the Tapoco.

Otherwise, I think the Robbinsville area might be a good idea for a starting point, unless anyone prefers the Tennessee end of the Dragon?

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #58 - 08/11/05 at 06:38:01

sluggo wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
lets see we had the mountain ride in june, the lake ride in july, hopefully the full moon ride on the 19th of aug.

so whats the theme of this ride.  ???

It seems to be the Twisty Ride.  The Tail of the Dragon is  318 Curves in 11 Miles.  I'm taking the Angels Crest Highway which greets you with this sign:

WWW   IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #59 - 08/11/05 at 12:04:47

not alot of twisties where i  live.

could i just twist one up and go for a ride   8)

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 08:45:16

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Ideas for Next Group Ride

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.