Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Send Topic Print
Ideas for Next Group Ride (Read 5 times)
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Ideas for Next Group Ride
07/13/05 at 09:47:16

We had Mountain Day and Lake Day, what's next?

I was thinking it would be neat if people who could, got to gather to meet and ride on a regional basis. Something like "The Annual Savages Meet, Greet and Ride".

I know there are other riders in PA that I could meet up with (tri-state area too possibly). We also have concentrations of riders in Texas and the Northwest. In some locations we may just have 2 riders who can get together but that would be worth it too. We could start regional threads to see who could meet up. For those of you truly out there by yourselves, maybe we can arrange an online "get-to-know-you" event of some sort.

I know Sluggo and Greg already met as have some of the Texas riders but I'm betting it might be fun to do it again and maybe meet some new faces too.

In PA, I would be willing to coordinate the ride, including a follow up BBQ if folks are interested.

Whatcha think?

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
marke2571
2004 No Login

Free Spec Ops
Cody!!!!

Georgia
Re: Ideas for Next Group Ride
Reply #1 - 07/13/05 at 10:11:43

Great idea. I'm in the southeast, and I know that other people in Georgia have Savages, 'cause I've seem 'em. Are they members??? Anybody here from GA?

If so, I would love to do the Dragon's Tail (300+ curves in 11 miles) on the Savage or anywhere in the middle Georgia area would be great too.

--Mark

'02 Silver Savage
Macon, Ga.
  IP Logged
freerider23
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/13/05 at 11:17:01

i live in michigan, and i think it would be cool to cruise wit you guys, and the BBQ idea dont sound half bad.  any one in  mi, in or ohio, i love riding my bike, so i can come to you.  if not, i will throw my bike in the truck and run the dragons tail for grins and giggles

IP Logged
mornhm - FSO
Serious Thumper

HMMM

Reply #3 - 07/13/05 at 12:21:28

I like this idea. I'm in East central Illinois. I don't know how many riders from this area are on the forum, but something toward north central Illinois might catch the suburb riders. Maybe Starved Rock. Then ride along the Illinois River.

IP Logged
SavageDude
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

OC_California
Reply #4 - 07/13/05 at 17:33:51

Great idea! Paladin is very very close to me. Who else lives in LA LA land? Grin Grin

2005 S40, debadged, Tkat FB, saddle bags, sissy bar, HD Sporter muff, Fly screen, white spacer mod, 150 main jet.....and sssslowly upgrading
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #5 - 07/13/05 at 18:45:48

You are OC, I'm SB.  We have Kyle in the SFV and Joel in LB.  Four Savages rolling into a Harley hangout would be awesome.

WWW   IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Reply #6 - 07/13/05 at 18:53:54

mornhm - FSO wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
I like this idea. I'm in East central Illinois. ....

tfrawg75 is in Odell, jendesigner is "Chicago Suburbs".

WWW   IP Logged
Karen627
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 07/13/05 at 19:03:21

marke2571 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
Great idea. I'm in the southeast, and I know that other people in Georgia have Savages, 'cause I've seem 'em. Are they members??? Anybody here from GA?

If so, I would love to do the Dragon's Tail (300+ curves in 11 miles) on the Savage or anywhere in the middle Georgia area would be great too.

--Mark

I'm in Northeast GA.  Trouble is, I'm not sure if I have the skill or experience level for Tail of the Dragon; and I haven't yet been on the interstate.  (Probably slightly frustrating for any experienced rider I tag along with. Tongue )

I would have suggested North Georgia, up in the mountains -- maybe Dahlonega or, even better, the Chatahoochee National Forest.  All back roads and county highways, and nice scenery.  

But having said that, have you ridden the Tail of the Dragon before?  Does it require any kind of advanced skill level, or are you fine if you know how to countersteer, look through the turn, and you don't speed?

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Reply #8 - 07/13/05 at 19:38:43

Ain't been there, but I just Google'd it up.  It is SR115/US129 bordering the Great Smokey Mountains Nat'l Park.  Take it at or below posted speeds and you'll have NO problem.  It also looks to be some awesome scenery.

Any experienced rider will never be frustrated by the hesitation of a new rider.

WWW   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #9 - 07/13/05 at 20:35:27

You are right about that Pal, there is nothing better than helping someone new to motorcycling learn how much fun it really is.  
I am in central South  Carolina, and if I am not mistaken there are at least 2 other members in the state.  If we can get together with the folks in Georgia we could have a real GANG RIDE.
This sounds like a good plan to me.......when are we going to do this?

IP Logged
diesel
2004 No Login

Watsontown, PA
Reply #10 - 07/13/05 at 21:23:11

done the dragon a few years ago on a GL 1100 int. with the SO on board. SO got a little motionsickness,didn't bother me. even with over 50 years on two wheels, I sure don't consider myself ANY kind of expert. I just rolled through all 318 curves rather gently (got that T shirt) and let all those crotch rockets bombs fly by.  I'm open for that PA. ride and BBQ. Bill aka diesel in Watsontown.

IP Logged
shawn_b
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 07/13/05 at 21:35:59

any riders in sw ohio or northern kentucky maybe or indina can meet up for a ride 8) Roll Eyes

shawn

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #12 - 07/13/05 at 22:05:38

Susan wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
We had Mountain Day and Lake Day, what's next?

I was thinking it would be neat if people who could, got to gather to meet and ride on a regional basis. Something like "The Annual Savages Meet, Greet and Ride".

I know there are other riders in PA that I could meet up with (tri-state area too possibly). We also have concentrations of riders in Texas and the Northwest. In some locations we may just have 2 riders who can get together but that would be worth it too. We could start regional threads to see who could meet up. For those of you truly out there by yourselves, maybe we can arrange an online "get-to-know-you" event of some sort.

I know Sluggo and Greg already met as have some of the Texas riders but I'm betting it might be fun to do it again and maybe meet some new faces too.

In PA, I would be willing to coordinate the ride, including a follow up BBQ if folks are interested.

Whatcha think?

The Pacific Northwest is ready....

IP Logged
Karen627
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 07/13/05 at 23:19:52

Lancer, you're only about an hour away from my aunt.  She's in Batesburg-Leesville.  

All right, ya know what?  I'm starting to think that I'm always going to be intimidated by the Tail of the Dragon -- that is, until I actually ride it for myself.  So I may very well take a whack at it, if the GA/SC group ride comes together and that's where folks want to go.  

One last question about the TotD -- am I guaranteed to scrape the footpegs on those curves, or do I have to take the curves pretty hard to do that?  (I've only done it once so far, in a really tight u-turn -- by accident.  Roll Eyes )

I'd probably want to make it an overnight thing at least, in case I find I'm not up for riding all those miles in one day (to the Dragon, riding the Dragon, and then back home from aforementioned Dragon).  This is because I'm a newbie and a wuss.  Roll Eyes

Hmm.  Labor Day is September 5th.  So how about the following weekend?   Maybe around Saturday the 10th?  (Can't do Labor Day weekend at all -- that's my wedding anniversary.  Hubby'd be miserable.)

IP Logged
Deb
2005 No Login

02 silver savage :)
In the mountains of
East Tenn.

Tennessee
Reply #14 - 07/14/05 at 00:36:52

Anybody near East Tennesse ( Knoxville) ?

YaBBCJunior
Littled200056   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 15:57:58

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Ideas for Next Group Ride

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.