Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Send Topic Print
Ideas for Next Group Ride (Read 5 times)
Karen627
Ex Member

Re: Ideas for Next Group Ride
Reply #60 - 08/22/05 at 23:28:08

All right, I'll go first.  Grin

I've bitten the proverbial bullet and booked a room for the weekend of September 24th up near Robbinsville, NC.  

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #61 - 08/23/05 at 08:44:57

I am REALLY dissappointed that I will miss this ride.  Before Beverly dove down the steps and busted up her leg I was planning out my routes (several in and out of the area...I was going to make a week of it) and looking up the area hotels.  She had airline reservations to go to see the new grandbaby and was set to leave on the 8th of Sep and return on the 22nd.  That would give me all the time I needed to ride anywhere I wanted and stay as long as I wanted....but now we are both homebound for about 5 months.
By the way, she just came out of surgury about 15 minutes ago and everything went just fine.  
So, I cannot go but I do wish all of the rest of you a great ride...have fun and remember those of us who are stuck at home watching TV and emptying bedpans.

IP Logged
Oklahoma_Mike
2005 No Login

With two on the
ground love can be
found

Tulsa Oklahoma Area
Reply #62 - 08/23/05 at 11:10:51

Oklahoma_Mike wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
Oklahoma chiming in!! Any in this area want to meet?? I will head North, South, East or West. Let me know!!!
8)

Going once 8)

IP Logged
slavy
Serious Thumper

smart cars for
stupid people

Phoenix, Arizona
Reply #63 - 08/23/05 at 13:38:49

It will be nice when everything is confirmed to put a separate topic with final announcement. I don't think Iwant to miss a ride like this and if I am alive and in a good health, I'll come from Az.

The arificial intelligence is no match for the natural stupidity
  IP Logged
Karen627
Ex Member

Reply #64 - 08/23/05 at 17:29:03

Lancer, it's a shame you won't be able to make it.  And the reason you're missing it makes it a double shame.  I'm glad to hear surgery went well.  

We'll remember you -- but we may try to forget the bedpan part, if that's all right...  Wink

IP Logged
dubb-1b
Ex Member

Reply #65 - 08/23/05 at 18:08:07

I'm from Bonaire Ga. right below Warner Robins and I would like to get in on the ride also. I am a new rider but it seems like alot of fun. I know quite a few riders with crotch rockets that have been to the Tail of the Dragon and they really enjoyed it. Plus it is more pretty than Mid Ga.

IP Logged
Goose
Ex Member

moring of labor weekeRe: Ideas for Next Group Ride
Reply #66 - 08/23/05 at 19:11:04

wife and i leaving the saturday morning of labor day weekend from onalaska texas where we live to go to washington-on=the=brazos state park if anyone in the houston area would  like to meet there we will be there for a few hours and then ride to yankees in carlos for ONE cold beer on the way home

IP Logged
Karen627
Ex Member

Reply #67 - 08/23/05 at 19:11:59

dubb-1b wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
I'm from Bonaire Ga. right below Warner Robins and I would like to get in on the ride also.

Then hop aboard. Grin

A few of us have said we can do the weekend of the 24th, and hubby and I went ahead and booked a room for that weekend regardless of whether the Savage ride is confirmed for that date, since it's the only weekend the hubby and I were able to both get off work anyway.  

I figure even if the Savage/S40 group Dragon ride has to be re-scheduled, at least hubby and I will get a weekend in the mountains.  But I don't know if anyone else has been able to "officially" confirm that date themselves yet, though, so as far as I know, it's still subject to change if others decide a different date is more convenient.  

Did that make sense? ???

IP Logged
Mr 650
Serious Thumper

The LS650- Classic
style & 4-valve
engine

Mempho
Reply #68 - 08/23/05 at 19:30:52

SAVAGE STURGIS

While simultaneously enjoying a favorite brew and surfing Google this notion came to mind:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Sturgis,+MS&spn=0.140027,0.144161&hl=en

Also the Nachez Trace Parkway runs by just a few miles away, Sturgis being almost 1/2 way up the Parkway.

http://www.nps.gov/natr/index.htm

Well looks like the HD folks just had a small rally at that one too.

It was about 103* just after noon here in the pits Sunday (anyone who watched the NHRA race here Sunday knows) August is not the time to do something like that, but I would say maybe October would be better.

SilverBlue '01,K&N,Snorklectomy,125mm NOS carb, 1/2 spacer & 155, 'Trapp, NC flyscreen, Suzy GelSeat, Osram H4
later..putt. Putt, PUtt, PUTT! 8)
HelmetLawsSuck
  IP Logged
short round
2005 No Login

mid Missouri
Reply #69 - 08/23/05 at 21:01:33

Mike, I can tentatively make it. I'm pretty open on where to go too.  Any ideas? Do you know anybody in FSSNOC that might be interested? I don't know anything about FSSNOC except that it's there and seems to be located in southeast Kansas?

Ron
South Central Missouri
  IP Logged
mornhm - FSO
Serious Thumper

HMMM

Reply #70 - 08/24/05 at 05:01:18

I'm not sure what dates are being talked about here, but is anyone interested in meeting in Illinois? There's an Illini game on Saturday Sept. 10, or someone had mentioned Starved Rock at one point, maybe the weekend of the 25th?

IP Logged
marke2571
2004 No Login

Free Spec Ops
Cody!!!!

Georgia
Reply #71 - 08/24/05 at 06:01:15

dubb-1b wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
I'm from Bonaire Ga. right below Warner Robins .

Whats up dubb-1b, I'm about 15 min north of you in Macon.
I plan on going on the 24th and I believe my brother and a group of his cycle buddies are going that weekend as well. --Note to others on this ride - I believe I will be staying at the Deal's Gap end of the dragon - anybody staying there? This is the store/motel that sells the "I slayed the dragon" t-shirts.

Dubb-1b....Shoot me an email - marke2571@yahoo.com and maybe we can hook up and ride locally sometimes as well.

'02 Silver Savage
Macon, Ga.
  IP Logged
Oklahoma_Mike
2005 No Login

With two on the
ground love can be
found

Tulsa Oklahoma Area
Reply #72 - 08/24/05 at 06:59:49

short round wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
Mike, I can tentatively make it. I'm pretty open on where to go too.  Any ideas? Do you know anybody in FSSNOC that might be interested? I don't know anything about FSSNOC except that it's there and seems to be located in southeast Kansas?

Sounds good to me, but as far as I have seen there isn't much to see in Kansas. If we head south we might be able to pick up some of the Texas Clan. Any Texans want to chime in on this!! 8)

IP Logged
mikedasavage
Ex Member

Reply #73 - 08/24/05 at 08:28:43

well i wouldn't mine joining in but how far north do i have to drive  Grin In Austin Texas Mike

IP Logged
Oklahoma_Mike
2005 No Login

With two on the
ground love can be
found

Tulsa Oklahoma Area
Reply #74 - 08/24/05 at 10:37:46

Oklahoma_Mike wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
Sounds good to me, but as far as I have seen there isn't much to see in Kansas. If we head south we might be able to pick up some of the Texas Clan. Any Texans want to chime in on this!! 8)

I have done Talamena twice and am planning a third I can make this it. But it doesnt' have to be I am game for anywhere within reason. 8)

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 09:42:37

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Ideas for Next Group Ride

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.