Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Send Topic Print
Ideas for Next Group Ride (Read 5 times)
red2k1
Ex Member

Re: Ideas for Next Group Ride
Reply #30 - 07/17/05 at 18:57:56

If the TOTD comes together I will be there.  Will probably trailer a good part of the distance.  As I suspect that you all know, there are several establishments in close proximity to TOTD that have overnight accomodations.  If you can arrange it, you would probably want to spend more than one day in the area. Just my point of view since I am coming from flatland USA.

IP Logged
Karen627
Ex Member

Reply #31 - 07/17/05 at 21:43:58

Mark: The first Saturday after the 22nd is the 24th.  
I can do either the 10th or the 24th.  It's up to everyone else who wants to go -- which date is better?  (Or does anyone have any other suggestions?)

Red2k1:  I think a couple of us are thinking of staying more than one day.  Seems they have everything there from inexpensive motels to all-out resorts within a half hour of the Dragon.  Not sure yet where I'd be staying; I want to see if hubby can make the trip also (if nobody minds a Yamaha V-Star tagging along. Smiley )  

Since I'm sure we all have our own individual tastes in lodging, I'd guess it's probably a good idea for us to each make our own arrangements separately, and then meet up the day of the ride.

All the info I've found has been at www.tailofthedragon.com (click "Accomodations" at the top of the page).  

Update: It seems there's a Triumph owners gathering at the Dragon September 23-25.  Don't know how much that matters to anyone...?  Will it be packed, will it be difficult to get rooms, etc...?  Any thoughts?

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #32 - 07/18/05 at 05:36:06

Arrgh....  I was planning on Sept. 10th, the weekend after the labor day weekend.  Next weekend is not doable as I am in the middle of putting a new liner into the above ground pool.  I'm not going anywhere for at least three weekends.

WWW   IP Logged
Paula71
2005 No Login

Ohio Rider 'N Luvn
every minute!

Troy, Ohio
Reply #33 - 07/18/05 at 06:11:39

Cheesy this sounds great!!  An Ohio-PA ride and/or the ToTD could be doable.  Hubby and I had talked about going to Chattanooga so ToTD with all of you sounds awesome.  Of course like Karen, my hubby would probably ride along, Boulevard C50T.  Can probably make any weekend work out after Labor day.

WWW sctsamj sctsamj   IP Logged
marke2571
2004 No Login

Free Spec Ops
Cody!!!!

Georgia
Reply #34 - 07/18/05 at 06:16:00

Whichever date is better, you guys choose, if I cant go, I cant go, there will be other chances to meet up. I would hate to be the cause of someone else not being able to go. But you have to take good pictures of yourselves if I miss out  Cheesy

--Mark

'02 Silver Savage
Macon, Ga.
  IP Logged
gandalph40
Ex Member

Reply #35 - 07/18/05 at 08:07:44

Tentatively either 10th or the 24th are OK with me too.  I can't firmly commit, because things might come up that prevent me from making it, but I'm ok with either date as of today.  

I'm not sure what to say about the Triumph group being there on the 24th.  I mean how many folks could they bring?  Bottom line is:  We'll have to pick a date/time, departure point, and ride route.  (I'd like to do the whole loop with TotD and Cherohala Skyway, as long as we're there.)

If we end up picking another date and I can't be there, it's OK.  But, I've spent a LOT of time on the TotD website also.  A little intimidating...but veeeeery exciting.

Tom

IP Logged
Karen627
Ex Member

Reply #36 - 07/18/05 at 08:43:39

The Triumph thing the weekend of the 24th might be a blessing in disguise -- if there are more bikes, then that means more traffic on the Dragon, which means slower rides.  Good for those of us who are intimidated. Wink

Okay, Mark, Lancer, Tom, Red2k1, Paula:  This obviously isn't set in stone, but as of right now it appears so far that the 24th is the first choice, the 10th the second choice.  If most of us can do the 10th, we'll do the 10th -- if most of us can do the 24th, so be it.  Unless anyone else has a better date in mind?

Tom: yeah, the Cherohala looks amazing.  From what I understand, it's not another Dragon.  Although it might have one or two curves you have to watch out for, it's mostly just a regular road -- but with amazing scenery.  

And Deb, if you're in Eastern Tennessee you'd probably have the easiest trip of all of us, if you're still interested. Grin

IP Logged
gandalph40
Ex Member

Reply #37 - 07/18/05 at 08:54:32

OK...my last question for today...do we want to start in Robbinsville or someplace else?  I'm going to start trying to get a room somewhere...I've seen the recommendations on the TotD site, but if anyone that's been there has any recommendations, I'd love to hear them (especially "don't stay at this place" recommendations).

Tom

IP Logged
Karen627
Ex Member

Reply #38 - 07/18/05 at 09:45:06

I'm partial to the Robbinsville area myself -- it looks like the mid-point between the Dragon and the Cherohala, and from what little I can tell, it seems to have more options for lodging.  (I could be wrong about that, though.)

IP Logged
SavageDude
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

OC_California
Reply #39 - 07/18/05 at 09:49:37

Paladin. wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
Arrgh....  I was planning on Sept. 10th, the weekend after the labor day weekend.  Next weekend is not doable as I am in the middle of putting a new liner into the above ground pool.  I'm not going anywhere for at least three weekends.

Paladin--I'll put in for a day off on that day(it's s@ck to be a mailman Sad) Hopefully the boss will let me go.

2005 S40, debadged, Tkat FB, saddle bags, sissy bar, HD Sporter muff, Fly screen, white spacer mod, 150 main jet.....and sssslowly upgrading
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #40 - 07/18/05 at 16:01:52

Tell him that that voices in your head said to stay home and clean the guns.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
gandalph40
Ex Member

Reply #41 - 08/09/05 at 09:26:07

Ok...we're getting closer to this date.  Who's still planning to do the TotD ride and do we have a firm date?  (September 24th was sounding like the date the last time we talked about this.)

IP Logged
Karen627
Ex Member

Reply #42 - 08/09/05 at 18:04:46

That's funny.  I'm at work right now with the vacation request form in front of me, and I was going to revive this thread to ask who was still up for it.  Checked back through the July posts and wondered why I couldn't find it. Cheesy

Yep, I'm still up for it.  The 24th sounds good.  

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #43 - 08/09/05 at 18:24:21

there was talk of a "full moon" ride on aug 19th,  that is a nite ride so nobody can use the "boss wont let me go"
line..   Grin

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Joel
Ex Member

Reply #44 - 08/09/05 at 18:37:46

The Crest sounds like a great idea. Are there enough gas stops along the way for our little tanks? Its 10/10 the decided date?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 04:13:05

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Ideas for Next Group Ride

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.