Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: WHO ARE WE?
Reply #45 - 05/27/05 at 16:25:43

Ouch!  Take care of yourself Max.  I hope you're able to comfortably join your fellow WA thumper riders for the Ash Run.  I know I'm doing everything I can to be able to make the trip from Dallas to Oklahoma/Arkansas that weekend and I just have some slightly torn tendons in my elbow.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
slavy
Serious Thumper

smart cars for
stupid people

Phoenix, Arizona
Reply #46 - 05/28/05 at 07:25:50

41, 5'6", 155lbs, bold head, married for 11 yrs, no kids. Phoenix Az. Born behind the "Iron curtain".
Put my behind on a bike-CZ175 when I was 17 and that was it. Changed many bikes since. Still keep my East German MZ ETZ251 on the "other side". I don't even know how many bikes I have now / some of them even run/. I Make my leaving fixing bikes. Will be a pleasure to help a fellow rider.

The arificial intelligence is no match for the natural stupidity
  IP Logged
bobo383
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Neck=Red

Arlington, TX
Reply #47 - 05/28/05 at 07:32:18

How to condense this to a readable post...  I'm 37 (38 in July), married, 5 kids (ages 2 to 12).  I buy and sell stuff all the time, as a hobby.  Also have a day job (see below).  Most wonderful wife in the world is a labor/delivery nurse and like to ride bikes as much as me - maybe more.

We currently have 4 bikes in my garage:  98 Savage, 96 YZF600, 2000 Shadow600, and 78 GS1000.  All run great.

We currently have 4 cars in the driveway:  64 Impala, 73 F100, 04 Suburban, 04 Impala.  All run great.

Too many firearms to count - really.  All work great, well the ones I've used anyway.

I love to wrench on cars/trucks/bikes, reload ammunition, ride, shoot, and hang out with the kids (10 yr old is a good rider/driver and an exceptional shot with his Browning Buckmark 22).  

The two older kids and I play "shoot the can" with an old daisy red-rider BB gun for hours on the weekends.  Cheap, quiet, harmless fun.  Keeps us skilled at using open sights.

I'm an engineer for GM at the full-size SUV plant in Arlington TX, got 6 good people working for me.  Don't mention firearms at work, it scares the Detroit corporate people.  I guess they never go downtown...I wouldn't go to downtown Detroit without a choice of firearms, all loaded up.

BTW:  Texas Concealed Handgun License is honored and considered legal in Michigan.  Thank you, MI.

Arlington Texas
Used to have 98 & 88 Savages
  IP Logged
Oklahoma_Mike
2005 No Login

With two on the
ground love can be
found

Tulsa Oklahoma Area
Reply #48 - 05/28/05 at 09:37:50

bobo383 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
How to condense this to a readable post...  I'm 37 (38 in July), married, 5 kids (ages 2 to 12).  I buy and sell stuff all the time, as a hobby.  Also have a day job (see below).  Most wonderful wife in the world is a labor/delivery nurse and like to ride bikes as much as me - maybe more.

We currently have 4 bikes in my garage:  98 Savage, 96 YZF600, 2000 Shadow600, and 78 GS1000.  All run great.

We currently have 4 cars in the driveway:  64 Impala, 73 F100, 04 Suburban, 04 Impala.  All run great.

Too many firearms to count - really.  All work great, well the ones I've used anyway.

I love to wrench on cars/trucks/bikes, reload ammunition, ride, shoot, and hang out with the kids (10 yr old is a good rider/driver and an exceptional shot with his Browning Buckmark 22).  

The two older kids and I play "shoot the can" with an old daisy red-rider BB gun for hours on the weekends.  Cheap, quiet, harmless fun.  Keeps us skilled at using open sights.

I'm an engineer for GM at the full-size SUV plant in Arlington TX, got 6 good people working for me.  Don't mention firearms at work, it scares the Detroit corporate people.  I guess they never go downtown...I wouldn't go to downtown Detroit without a choice of firearms, all loaded up.

BTW:  Texas Concealed Handgun License is honored and considered legal in Michigan.  Thank you, MI.

Ditto on the firearms thing I love my browning 303 and 357 most.  8) The 357 is what an intruder would meet I do not believe in second chances for a crook. Angry

IP Logged
bobo383
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Neck=Red

Arlington, TX
Reply #49 - 05/28/05 at 11:10:12

Nice to know you're not the only one, ain't it?

Arlington Texas
  IP Logged
Oklahoma_Mike
2005 No Login

With two on the
ground love can be
found

Tulsa Oklahoma Area
Reply #50 - 05/28/05 at 12:43:02

bobo383 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
Nice to know you're not the only one, ain't it?  

God bless America! And all our brothers. 8)

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #51 - 05/28/05 at 14:24:34

I will say AMEN to that!

And by the way, THANK GOD  for the SECOND AMENDMENT.

IP Logged
skepticalnewt
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Upstate New York
Reply #52 - 05/28/05 at 20:14:01

It's nice to find so many LS650 devotees. I bought one for my wife's first bike, and tried it out just for fun. I found out that fun was exactly what it was. I have a 1100cc Yamaha myself, which by comparison is like driving a two wheeled car (good for long runs, but not exactly fun). The s40 on the other hand is like the bikes I learned on. Uncomplicated, and ... well, fun!

IP Logged
bobo383
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Neck=Red

Arlington, TX
Reply #53 - 05/29/05 at 00:00:17

Out of all my bikes, the Savage is my fave.

Arlington Texas
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #54 - 05/29/05 at 16:21:56

Out of all my firearms, my Savage is my favorite also Grin.
Ride Savage, Shoot Savage, Be Savage, it's a Savage life!!!! Ed L.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
diesel
2004 No Login

Watsontown, PA
Reply #55 - 05/29/05 at 21:22:34

my other Savage is a "Scout" in .308 Win. I like light,small things.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #56 - 05/29/05 at 21:53:10

I used to have a bolt action .30/30 Savage... prefer my octagon barrel model 67 Winchester (Canadian Centennial edition, fairly rare stateside) saddle carbine lever gun.

My Savage motorcycle is TOO small and TOO light... time to somewhat "unchop" it. Stretched frame, full rear fender, Indian Chief luggage rack... chop was fun, I now need function.
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
short round
2005 No Login

mid Missouri
Reply #57 - 05/29/05 at 22:34:30

Ditto the 357. I actually like the handling of my old Savage 12 ga. better than the Remington 1100 12ga. The Savage just handles so much better due to the light weight and balance, sounds like the bike too!

Sorry about the confusion on my handle, now that I'm on my third one. Started with REBSLB13 - too cumbersome, then Ronnie B - realized Hey! I'm not in high school anymore! (by about 40 years) Short round is the old Army handle. Thought I should explain a new name with whatever number of posts I have.  Roll Eyes

Ron
South Central Missouri
  IP Logged
Karen627
Ex Member

Reply #58 - 05/30/05 at 22:40:54

I'm a little late to this, but here we go.

I'm 36 years old.  I have five ferrets, three cats, one husband and no kids.  

My S40 is my first bike -- got it in February, took the MSF in March, and have put a bit over 500 miles on it so far.  

I'm originally from Brooklyn, NY -- hubby and I moved to northeast Georgia in '98.  I work the overnight shift in a word processing department in an Atlanta law firm, and if I have any down time at work I'll check in here and, if I think I have anything interesting to say (or don't care how boring I am  Roll Eyes), I'll post.

And... uh... yeah, that's about it.  Exciting, no?

Cheesy

IP Logged
LondonThing
2005 No Login

London UK
Reply #59 - 05/31/05 at 02:21:00

LANCER wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
Most mornings after I get up, I sit in my recliner with my cup of coffee and review what's going on in this part of the world and a few other sites.  Ususally, like today, there are quite a few folks hanging around the site.  I began to wonder about this.  Yea yea, sometimes I just sit around wondering, and occasionally get lost as well.  Anyway, I was wondering if a lot of you frequenting this place are RETIRED, as I am, or are you just really good at managing your time (unlike me) and are able to do this and as well as work, and family, and etc.?

Im 22, working, I just happen to be a WebDesigner/IT Engineer, so have access to the Net almost 247, Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/01/24 at 05:51:18

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › WHO ARE WE?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.