bobo383
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Neck=Red

Arlington, TX
Re: WHO ARE WE?
Reply #60 - 05/31/05 at 04:18:50

diesel wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
my other Savage is a "Scout" in .308 Win. I like light,small things.

I want one of those Savage scouts soooo bad.  I made a scout rifle a few years back, from a shortened Mauser.  I drilled and tapped the thick part of the barrel & mounted a Leupold 2x pistol scope forward of the receiver.  Very handy gun, but I made the mistake of swapping it for a Redhawk.  Not so handy as you know.

Arlington Texas
Used to have 98 & 88 Savages
  IP Logged
Mr 650
Serious Thumper

The LS650- Classic
style & 4-valve
engine

Mempho
Reply #61 - 05/31/05 at 23:58:27

Bobo I have not been to Arlington, but have been to Janesville, Moraine and spent 2.5 years at Pontiac East.
I came out of Home Depot one day last Jan. and my immaculate old  '87 Silverado Suburban was gone, later found stripped.   :'( :'(

SilverBlue '01,K&N,Snorklectomy,125mm NOS carb, 1/2 spacer & 155, 'Trapp, NC flyscreen, Suzy GelSeat, Osram H4
later..putt. Putt, PUtt, PUTT! 8)
HelmetLawsSuck
  IP Logged
pstfatrunt
Ex Member

Reply #62 - 06/01/05 at 06:17:35

Hi!

I hope this is the right place in wich i'ts possible present my self....

I'm Turi and I'm from Palermo (Italy) and I'm 25, since I was fourteen I craved a custom... and now with my money my dream has become true.

I have a Suzuki Savage LS650. Yellow whit advanced pedal, and chromium-plated hands-hold.

I'm sorry fom my english.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #63 - 06/01/05 at 06:52:16

WELCOME TURI,  to the Savage site.

Your english is just fine.  It is my native language and I often have trouble with it.  I am thankful for the computer since I can try to fix all of my errors before I post my statement.

My Savage is also yellow but I am not very close to Palermo, I would like to visit Italy someday though.
I hope you enjoy your time here with the rest of us who enjoy one of the best all around motorcycles on the road today.  Unfortunately it is almost always underrated.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #64 - 06/01/05 at 08:29:31

A lot of new folks lately, excellent!  Welcome to to what I personally feel is the best Savage site available.  No offense meant to any of you who prefer Bert's site.  I go there often too but this is kinda like Cheers, ya know?

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
mikedasavage
Ex Member

Reply #65 - 06/01/05 at 15:56:52

I'm 24 as of 3 days ago. I'm a newbie on this site, thanks to bobo for sharing this link with me after some ebay questions. Also a newbie on the bike. Got a great wife, very supportive of everything I do. although gets a little b*tchy when i spend to much on one thing ex. this bike. Computer geek who works full time repairing servers laptops and dekstops. worked for dell for 4 years left that corporate crap and now just looking for a good oppurtinty. My b-in-law got him self a hd sportster 883 i rode it around and got back on my bike and suddenly realized that the savage was prolly gonna be the perfect bike for me. So now i spend time here read articles instead of fixing computers so i'm sure i'll be fired soon  Grin the bike was a gift from a buddy who works part time in the shop i've taught him alot about computers and he taught me how to ride. i have to say i think his gift was better. I'm from texas too but haven't gotten a chance to get my handgun license yet been meaning to do that. Maybee after i get some saddle bags  Shocked

IP Logged
CHRIS
2005 No Login

FRIENDSVILLE, MARYLAND
Reply #66 - 06/01/05 at 16:32:59

AS YOU PROBABLY ALREADY KNOW, I'M A MECHANIC FOR A LOCAL SUZUKI DEALER HERE IN WESTERN MAYLAND (DEEP CREEK MARINA SUZUKI). I'M 29 AND NEW TO THIS SITE BUT NOT TO NEW TO BIKES AND ANYTHING WITH AN ENGINE. I'VE RODE AND WORKED ON THEM FOR WHAT SEEMS LIKE FOREVER. NOT MARRIED, JUST SINGLE AND STARTING TO SETTLE DOWN. SEEMS LIKE WAY TO MANY YEARS TO EVEN THINK ABOUT RETIREMENT YET, I WISH I WAS STILL IN HIGH SCHOOL. LIFE WAS EASY AND GREAT!!!!!!!

IP Logged
Jamo
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

WOO EE!!

Taylor, MI
Reply #67 - 06/01/05 at 18:11:56

Grin

22 - Young Buck with an '03' Savage, No kids - Long ways from retirement.

From Detroit - Vehicle Coordinator at Ford Motor in Dearborn.

Love this site !!!

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #68 - 06/01/05 at 19:00:40

I'm from Detroit FAR from Detroit.  Born and raised on the East Side -- Edwin Denby Class of '64.  Left Detroit in '65 for places where it don't snow.

WWW   IP Logged
bobo383
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Neck=Red

Arlington, TX
Reply #69 - 06/01/05 at 19:15:41

Love the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn.  Every trip I make to Detroit, I go for several hours and still see stuff I never saw before.  Henry was one of a kind.  I hope we Americans can pull the auto industry out of the poop-can and make him proud.

Mr 650 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
Bobo I have not been to Arlington, but have been to Janesville, Moraine and spent 2.5 years at Pontiac East.
I came out of Home Depot one day last Jan. and my immaculate old  '87 Silverado Suburban was gone, later found stripped.   :'( :'(

Oh, that hurts to read about your Sub.  The first and by far the best Sub I ever had was my '90 - made in Flint I believe.  19 mpg and white smoke both rear tires.  I've had 4 Subs since then, and wish I had kept the 90.

Arlington Texas
Used to have 98 & 88 Savages
  IP Logged
Superray
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

Simple and
clean....no frills.

Dayton, Ohio
Reply #70 - 06/01/05 at 19:17:26

Be 59 this Saturday!  I am a machinest by trade. 3 years from retirement. Have 2 sons and 1 daughter,raised and gone now. 6 grandchildren. Dog and cat both dead. Bought my first Savage in 87' and had to sell in 90', missed it ever since. When the opportunity came to buy another one in this condition, I decided it was time. My first Savage was Burgundy in color and this one is Black. My very first motorcycle was a MotoMorini. I purchased this in a box from an outfit in New York in August, 69'. It came in a big wooden crate to my apartment in Huntsville,Alabama. I was stationed there for 9 months before having to go overseas. This was a nice little(150cc) bike. With me on it at the time it would go 80 mile an hour. I sold before going overseas, because I didn't have a place to keep it while I was gone. When I returned in 71' I purchased a 69' Ducati 250 Monza which I fooled with for a few years before selling it and giving up on bikes. When I saw the Savage for the first time in 87', it was love at first sight and I have felt that way ever since. My wife doesn't like motorcycles, she is not a rider. Have a good one,...Ray

IP Logged
SavageDude
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

OC_California
Reply #71 - 06/01/05 at 20:07:47

41, Mailman/Air National guard aircraft mechanic, married, 2 sons (9&7) grow up faster boys so you can ride with good old dad Grin, born in Vietnam but lived in US most of mylife. I guess this is my homeland then  8). Been in California for 26 years. Class of 84(I am actually 38 on paper--no thanks to Dad--he think I need 3 more years to learn Enclish) now I have to work 3 more years before retirement :'(

2005 S40, debadged, Tkat FB, saddle bags, sissy bar, HD Sporter muff, Fly screen, white spacer mod, 150 main jet.....and sssslowly upgrading
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #72 - 06/01/05 at 21:08:36

Savage_Dude, can't you do a correction on you birth certificate and get your age discrepancy fixed?

IP Logged
SavageDude
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

OC_California
Reply #73 - 06/02/05 at 12:25:04

lancer;

I thinnnnnk that I probably go to jail  Undecided if I try to do that with INS. They would say taht I've lied for the last 26 years(Dad's fault anyway  Roll Eyes)

SavageDude

2005 S40, debadged, Tkat FB, saddle bags, sissy bar, HD Sporter muff, Fly screen, white spacer mod, 150 main jet.....and sssslowly upgrading
  IP Logged
cphilip
Ex Member

Reply #74 - 06/02/05 at 14:34:53

48 this coming July.

I am the Environmental Compliance Officer for Clemson Univeristy in South Carolina. EPA and Hazardous Waste related stuff.

Not retired but hopefully will be in five more years. Been here 25 years now. Then I can really start working!

I can get on a lot at work as I do a lot of my correspondence this way and sort of drop in places from time to time when I am taking a break.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/30/24 at 16:18:22

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › WHO ARE WE?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.