LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
WHO ARE WE?
05/24/05 at 07:43:41

Most mornings after I get up, I sit in my recliner with my cup of coffee and review what's going on in this part of the world and a few other sites.  Ususally, like today, there are quite a few folks hanging around the site.  I began to wonder about this.  Yea yea, sometimes I just sit around wondering, and occasionally get lost as well.  Anyway, I was wondering if a lot of you frequenting this place are RETIRED, as I am, or are you just really good at managing your time (unlike me) and are able to do this as well as work, and family, and etc.?

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Re: WHO ARE WE?
Reply #1 - 05/24/05 at 07:49:43

Just "work from home" a lot - enough gear around here I can't tell if I'm in the lab or home (my better half does point this out at times as she trips over a stack routers, cat5e/6 cable, and some hard drives! )

IP Logged
Deb
2005 No Login

02 silver savage :)
In the mountains of
East Tenn.

Tennessee
Reply #2 - 05/24/05 at 07:54:48

LANCER wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
Most mornings after I get up, I sit in my recliner with my cup of coffee and review what's going on in this part of the world and a few other sites.  Ususally, like today, there are quite a few folks hanging around the site.  I began to wonder about this.  Yea yea, sometimes I just sit around wondering, and occasionally get lost as well.  Anyway, I was wondering if a lot of you frequenting this place are RETIRED, as I am, or are you just really good at managing your time (unlike me) and are able to do this and as well as work, and family, and etc.?

Not retired here Lancer got quite a few years yet. I am just now getting into the cycle world, my son is all grown up now and so my husband and I are ready for the road. I found this site and love it , should have learned a lot about my 2002 savage. Everbody I met on here is really great people so I just hang around checking out all the good stuff people like you and other put on here. Drop a line to me anytime.

YaBBCJunior
Littled200056   IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #3 - 05/24/05 at 08:01:51

8)Hi Deb!

Nahhh. unfortunately I'm not Retired ... got more than a few years to go yet ...
Am just an ordinary 9 to 5'er, live in Nfld. Canada, work in Engineering, approaching middle-age, happily married and tryin' to raise my teenage daughter.
Oh yeah ... I Ride my '03 LS650 ... whenever the weather here cooperates ...
Take care!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Love2Ride
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/24/05 at 08:11:27

PerrydaSavage wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
8)Hi Deb!
Am just an ordinary 9 to 5'er, live in Nfld. Canada, work in Engineering, approaching middle-age, happily married and tryin' to raise my teenage daughter.
Oh yeah ... I Ride my '03 LS650 ... whenever the weather here cooperates ...
Take care!

Very familiar.  Though my day is more like 7:00 to 4:30.   I work at a computer most of the day and am able to bounce over here now and then to see what's up.I am middle-aged ( I think 42 qualifies, maybe not yet, dunno).  I live in Texas and ride to stay as sane as I can.  I'm happily married and raising a 12-year old who think she's a teenager.  Got quite a while 'til I retire.

IP Logged
red2k1
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/24/05 at 09:01:05

Nope, not retired and never plan to be.  Started working 30 hours a week whe I was 10 years old, kicked that up to about 70 hours a week when I was 22 and have never looked back.  

Also, I am one of those lucky people that needs only 4 hours or less of sleep ever 24 hours or so. In addition, I have computers litterly everywhere (financial necessity), home(several), car, official work, and on my person (although just an e-mail kind of thing).

For me the Savage thing is a nostalgic diversion that has just about run its course (14 months).

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #6 - 05/24/05 at 09:04:51

There is nothing like "raising a teenager" to get you wide awake.  I have past that test 3 times.  Must have done a pretty good job because I like who all of my kids have become...well, I did have some help from  my wonderful wife of 31 1/2 years and especially from God...we could  not have done it without HIM.  

I think I need to make a "family tree" of everyone on this site to help me visualize who's who and where everyone is.  I think a poster-like thing of what Paladin has done with his Picture Gallery would be fun.

IP Logged
bentwheel
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ride free, citizen

Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
Reply #7 - 05/24/05 at 10:53:48

I am not retired either, but I work 12 hour shifts which gives me a lot of time off. Usually about 15 days a month. I also have a lot of down time at work so the internet combats boredom. Other interests I have are sports. I coach boys (age 12 & 13) baseball.

Bentwheel FSO
2006 Suzuki 650 V-Strom
1977 Yamaha XS360
1972 Honda CL175
  IP Logged
Suzuki_Sam
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 05/24/05 at 10:56:55

I suppose I'm middle-aged also.  In fact, I am probably in the midst of the "crisis" Wink  I'm a 41 yr. old homemaker with a 9, 16, and 17 yr. old.  My husband bought a Volusia last year and started 'escaping' the hectic home life for  3-4 hr. vacations and I guess my fear of motorcycles just couldn't outlast my need for the same.  Its summer vacation here - no more frantic breakfasts and screeching trips to get them to school on time for awhile so I goof off on the computer more now.  Glad you all are here!

IP Logged
Oklahoma_Mike
2005 No Login

With two on the
ground love can be
found

Tulsa Oklahoma Area
Reply #9 - 05/24/05 at 15:32:29

I am not retired either. Work hard play even harder I am an Metrologist and a Metallurgist  ??? which is a mouthful of words that mean I measure things and analyze metals Tongue.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #10 - 05/24/05 at 18:18:34

So, Mike, you like rocks eh?
I keep trying to plan a trip home to see the fam in Henryetta but things keep getting in the way.  Hopefully I will be able to find my way home before too long.  I am looking forward to the possibility of hooking up while there if we can manage it.
Later dude.

IP Logged
Oklahoma_Mike
2005 No Login

With two on the
ground love can be
found

Tulsa Oklahoma Area
Reply #11 - 05/24/05 at 18:24:37

I keep trying to plan a trip home to see the fam in Henryetta but things keep getting in the way.  Hopefully I will be able to find my way home before too long.  I am looking forward to the possibility of hooking up while there if we can manage it.
Later dude.

No problem I will find a way. Just give me some warning 8)

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #12 - 05/24/05 at 18:51:33

I'm middle aged also, if I live to 116.  I hired on with Pacific Telephone and Telegraph nearly 35 years ago and have stayed through several name changes.  I am mister connectivity, I can provide voice, data, or LAN service anywhere.

For those who have insomnia and need to get to sleep you can read my Blog which is a mix of personal and work-related blather.

WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #13 - 05/24/05 at 19:01:50

I've only been in telecom for 15 years and the way things are these days, it may soon be time for a career shift.  I guess we'll see.

The only constant in the universe is "Everything Changes".

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Oklahoma_Mike
2005 No Login

With two on the
ground love can be
found

Tulsa Oklahoma Area
Reply #14 - 05/24/05 at 19:06:14

Later dude.

And yes I do like rocks. From the Iron in your body everything is built on rocks! Dam that sounded geekish Tongue. Time for a beer! 8) Tongue 8)

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/01/24 at 05:50:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › WHO ARE WE?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.