Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Supercharged Cafe LS650 (Read 689 times)
DennyzfR6
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Supercharged Cafe LS650
Reply #60 - 02/08/24 at 00:58:29

Small update on the exhaust..

Trying to follow the lines of the engine casing to leave the most room for the pulley hardware. It is a jigsaw puzzle:

Everything welded and in place. Now the rest is relatively simple luckily. It took way more time then anticipated  Huh

air 'filter' is also in place..   Cheesy

All nice and centered  Cool

IP Logged
DennyzfR6
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #61 - 02/08/24 at 01:04:12

I think, especially from this angle... it looks pretty d*mn cool..  Cool Cool  Grin

Grin Grin

IP Logged
zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

The Netherlands   Den Haag
Reply #62 - 02/08/24 at 02:34:57

Eye Candy....

I think it's cool how you're working on all those ideas.
I also like to tinker and experiment.

But it is striking to me that you increase the power through a compressor and have narrowed the belt.(I must say that it looks very attractive)

I understand that exhaust, and it's nice that it takes a different route than normal. But don't get bogged down in too much detail.

I would rather use that time to lower the compression so that you can store more mixture in the combustion chamber. And to install such a DR coupling as Drag bike Mike designed.

I would think it would be very cool if this block produced a lot of power and that you could transfer it to the asphalt.

And if that's the case, I'll come and check on you and copy everything you done.

So get your stomach wet.

For everyone here, that,s a Dutch expression
(Denny is also frome the Netherlands)
I'm proud of you danny. Smiley

Do what you know is right. (you can always use fear as a counselor later)
  IP Logged
DragBikeMike
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Honolulu
Reply #63 - 02/08/24 at 12:22:33

Denny, are you going to place an intermediate shaft between the drive pulley and the blower pulley?  Is that how you plan to account for the misalignment between the two pulleys?  Seems like that could also provide some additional options for drive speed.

Your frame is awfully long between the top motor mount and the shock mounts.  There is no triangulation across that span.  If you hang the blower off the frame, won't it place a lot of stress at the connection between the cylinder head and the intake reservoir?  Could you use a felxible connection instead?  

Knowledge is power.
  IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #64 - 02/08/24 at 12:50:21

I also question the lack of triangulation. I think the lower motor mounts should help stabilize the swing arm pivot, but the spine is pretty long.  

But I'm not an engineer and Danny might be planning something after he gets the details of the supercharger and exhaust worked out.  

IP Logged
DennyzfR6
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #65 - 02/11/24 at 09:04:00

zevenenergie wrote on 02/08/24 at 02:34:57:
Eye Candy....

I think it's cool how you're working on all those ideas.

I'm proud of you danny. Smiley

Thanks fellow dutchman!
yes, a lot of time is being spent on the details.. but... that is precisely the point of the bike to be honest.  Roll Eyes
To be bit of a showpeace..  performance honestly is not that important to me. It will be nice if it makes some boost but my goal is not to push anything tbh.  
There are much easier, and far cheaper ways.. to move more quickly on 2 wheels than customizing a Savage  Cheesy

What is that DR coupling of Drag Bike Mike you are referring to?

IP Logged
DennyzfR6
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #66 - 02/11/24 at 09:14:15

DragBikeMike wrote on 02/08/24 at 12:22:33:
Denny, are you going to place an intermediate shaft between the drive pulley and the blower pulley?  Is that how you plan to account for the misalignment between the two pulleys?  Seems like that could also provide some additional options for drive speed.

Your frame is awfully long between the top motor mount and the shock mounts.  

ohiomoto wrote on 02/08/24 at 12:50:21:
I also question the lack of triangulation. I think the lower motor mounts should help stabilize the swing arm pivot, but the spine is pretty long.  

But I'm not an engineer and Danny might be planning something after he gets the details of the supercharger and exhaust worked out.  

You guys are correct, on both points.
Additional frame strengthening is on the agenda, and will be done once all of the exhaust is in place, and the bracketing is in place. Looking into either combining it into the necessary brackets, or placing it afterwards

An intermediate shaft will also be placed. Currenyl trying design a tensioner that can do the job for both pulleys in 1 adjustment to minimalise everything. Will update once the idea has been worked out a bit further.  Grin

IP Logged
DennyzfR6
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #67 - 02/11/24 at 09:30:27

Final steps on the exhaust:

Making sure everything is centered:

Last thing to do is the final section. It needs to follow the arc that is in the frame plates and alligns with the rear wheel. So some drawings need to be made.. but we are almost there.
Also another section with exhaust springs will be placed in the section between the frame. And currently in the proces of designing the mounts on how to support the exhaust on the frame. I think it will look pretty good tbh  Grin Cool

IP Logged
DennyzfR6
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #68 - 02/11/24 at 09:33:49

Also, the extension shaft for the pulley has been shortened, it looks much cleaner now:

And everything has been checked and measured and level. It is now ready for mounting it to the frame.

to be continued!

« Last Edit: 02/12/24 at 02:07:18 by DennyzfR6 »  
  IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #69 - 05/06/24 at 19:31:01

Any updates?   Huh

IP Logged
Michael Moore
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

In the fog of San Francisco
Reply #70 - 05/07/24 at 16:20:00

You are doing some nice work!

Isn't it fun to build a tucked-away high pipe?   Smiley  You've had to do a lot more work than I did for the 2->1 exhaust on my Laverda 750 racer, but I did enough work that I made sure that the next two frames that I built were able to use the exhaust without modification.  The SF2 engine is a big lump to work around.  Smiley

https://motoconstructor.com/graphics/Laverda/LavSF2RRMK1001a3.jpg

cheers,
Michael

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/16/24 at 21:27:13

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Supercharged Cafe LS650

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!