Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Pullin trigger-94mm hicomp stage 3 PWK38-gaskets? (Read 336 times)
Yazman

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ohio
Re: Pullin trigger-94mm hicomp stage 3 PWK38-gaske
Reply #60 - 10/23/22 at 19:24:43

#42 #145 and clip in 3rd position is a winner! It feels and sounds great from idle to WOT. The bike runs like a scaled dog now, and it feels like a rocket! A very heartfelt thank you to everyone for your help.

IMG_20221023_2047257422.jpg

2011 RYCA - 94mm flat top Wiseco, stage 3 cam, PWK38, open exhaust, UNI filter, 14/52 chain drive
  IP Logged
TheSneeze
Serious Thumper

Northern Nevada
Reply #61 - 10/23/22 at 21:27:57

Great looking bike, Yazman!

Every twenty minute job is a stripped thread away from being a three day ordeal.

'87 LS650h Savage Street Tracker
'86 LS650g Savage (parts bike)
'81 Kawasaki KZ750e ELR tribute
  IP Logged
DragBikeMike
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Honolulu
Reply #62 - 10/24/22 at 20:35:05

Glad you got it sorted out.  It looks slick.

Sorry you had so much trouble with your baffle tube.  I wanted to see how restrictive it is.  Looks to me like pretty close to zero restriction.  How did you salvage it?

What did you end up doin with your air filter?

As I recall, you had mentioned that you couldn't really feel much improvement in power.  Now that you have it dialed in a bit.  What is your assessment of the power?  Is it a noticeable increase?

How are the vibration levels?

How's the mechanical noise?

Can your clutch hold the power in top gear?

Congrats, Mike

Knowledge is power.
  IP Logged
Yazman

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ohio
Reply #63 - 10/25/22 at 05:54:34

DragBikeMike wrote on 10/24/22 at 20:35:05:
Glad you got it sorted out.  It looks slick.

Sorry you had so much trouble with your baffle tube.  I wanted to see how restrictive it is.  Looks to me like pretty close to zero restriction.  How did you salvage it?

What did you end up doin with your air filter?

As I recall, you had mentioned that you couldn't really feel much improvement in power.  Now that you have it dialed in a bit.  What is your assessment of the power?  Is it a noticeable increase?

How are the vibration levels?

How's the mechanical noise?

Can your clutch hold the power in top gear?

Congrats, Mike

Thanks! I couldn't have done this without your help DBM.

I hammered the baffle and muffler back into shape. It looks fine, unless you're close to it. I'm cheap, so it'll have to do lol.

I'm still working on finding an air filter. The trouble I'm having is that the RYCA battery box is literally like 2 inches from the carb throat. I might have to modify the battery box, which means I'd need one of those small, lithium batteries.

I take back an the bad things I said about the cam and piston--it feels more like my old CBR600F3 crotch rocket than a cruiser. I'm doing 0-60 between 4 & 5 seconds (using the admittedly inaccurate "one-Mississippi" method). Before, I was around 6-7 seconds using the same method.

It definitely feels like a "thumper" now--not as smooth vibration-wise, but still acceptable and well-mannered enough for my liking. It doesn't rattle my fillings out and make my hands numb like my 87' Rebel 250 did. Rode for almost an hour straight yesterday, and it was very comfortable (even in the "sport" position).

It's certainly a bit louder mechanical-wise (clickety clackety, sewing machine noises from engine). The noises are scary, as I assume it means I did something wrong and/or something is about to explode, but it seems ok so far.

The clutch feels even better than before! Probably because I adjusted the lever, but still. It shifts smooth and doesn't slip or grab.

If anyone is on the fence about these mods, GO FOR IT!*

*provided you have decent mechanical experience, go slowly, keep track of everything meticulously, pay close attention, triple check your work, read all available threads, read the Clymer manual, and most importantly, read through DragBikeMike's library!

You guys rock. This community is great, and a treasure-trove of information and knowledge. I appreciate you all.

2011 RYCA - 94mm flat top Wiseco, stage 3 cam, PWK38, open exhaust, UNI filter, 14/52 chain drive
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #64 - 10/25/22 at 06:59:22

YAHOO !

IP Logged
Yazman

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ohio
Reply #65 - 11/05/22 at 13:37:42

Follow-up: I managed to fit a foam UNI filter on the carb. Hopefully this will help anyone else who is trying to upgrade from the small pancake filter. 4" long, 63mm inside diameter, slight angle. $20 from Amazon

IMG_20221105_162825766.jpg

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #66 - 11/06/22 at 03:22:02

Any improvement?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #67 - 11/06/22 at 03:38:49

You can remove the outer red foam from the Uni if you want, the carb is fairly protected right behind the engine and doesn’t pick up as much dirt.  It’s a good filter and It’s not as crowded that way.

IP Logged
Yazman

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ohio
Reply #68 - 11/06/22 at 08:23:18

Lancer, thanks for the tip! I took the red foam off, and it definitely gives it more space. It actually fits perfect now.

JOG, I'm still waiting for my new chain to come in, but I should be able to test it Wednesday or thursday. It starts up and sounds good though! I'm curious how it'll perform with at least twice as much air flow.

I went with a JT 14t front and 52t rear sprocket and JT x-chain with solid master link. It'll have a 3.71 gear ratio! Short, torquey, and fast acceleration! I don't go over 60mph, so why not?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 01:27:29

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Pullin trigger-94mm hicomp stage 3 PWK38-gaskets?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.