springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Re: Events for 2020
Reply #330 - 08/07/20 at 15:31:43

Ditto what MM says.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #331 - 08/09/20 at 19:11:49

Great weather this weekend in North Carolina mountains. The sky is filled with ALL the stars tonight!
Hope you guys are getting some good riding in wherever you are!

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #332 - 08/24/20 at 08:10:27

Three more weeks and we are off to the mountains of Arkansas! Smiley

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #333 - 08/24/20 at 13:49:27

I had to order a clutch cable for the Guzzi yesterday , sure hope it gets here in time.  

I'll bring the Savage if I have to , its good to have a spare !   Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #334 - 08/24/20 at 14:01:26

MMRanch wrote on 08/24/20 at 13:49:27:
I had to order a clutch cable for the Guzzi yesterday , sure hope it gets here in time.  

We have a Guzzi dealer in Cincinnati (Cadre Cycle).

If yours doesn't come in the mail, you can check with Cadre and see if they have the one you need.....I could pick it up and bring it to Arkansas.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #335 - 08/24/20 at 17:35:08

Thanks Dave ,

And while your there pick up that 2019 leftover they have for $6800 for me.

I like the colors better than the one I got.   That silver and brown go nice together - don't ya think ?   Smiley

Really , the one I ordered should be here this weekend ???  Undecided

Apricate the offer .    

I found two of them on line at a place in NJ for under $40.oo shipping included , and they have the extra adjustment in the middle of the cable too.  

Some of the ones I saw while looking were $49.95 each ...  Embarrassed

I'm sure they are not factory equipment , but the factory equipment one don't have 17K miles on it yet.    In all fairness , the frayed spot is where the handlebar adjuster got it.  
I got a new (aftermarket) adjuster at the first sign of trouble but it was too late , that was 10,000 miles ago.  
The original cable just kept stretching or the clutch was getting broken-in I don't know which ??  Huh

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #336 - 08/24/20 at 18:03:14

Back when the "Putt Putt" boys were all riding Savages and I trailered in, I would bring along spare brake pads, voltage regulator, belt, igniter and a Raptor petcock just in case anybody had some trouble.

Now that we keep riding other bikes to these events.....a tire patch kit and jumper cables is about the only thing that fits them all!

I am starting to get things lined up for the trip.  I will be putting on a new back tire this week, checking brake pads, changing oil and filter....and getting the truck and camper ready to go.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #337 - 08/24/20 at 18:41:05

First time I needed something was the rear pulley last time I was out !  

I was ordering parts for the "W" today and it occurred to me ,  These machines all have their glitches , the Guzzi's , the Harley's , and all the other bikes I've had ... except for the Savage !   I should have named it "Old Reliable" .   Grin

Last time I had an "Old Reliable" like this was a old 500 four Honda.   I just got tired of the weight and lack of power !  It didn't have the FUN-FACTOR like the savage does.

I'll bring the Guzzi as the first choice.   The cable is the first disabling item its had in 16K+ miles.    I was putting a set of  adjustable levers on it is how I found the frayed cable , good thing I found it !    Smiley

springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #338 - 08/25/20 at 07:59:11

I'm trying to get ready just by riding the Honda and getting used to it. I will give the oil and coolant a look before I take off. Tires and brakes pads are brand new. I will probably replace the battery as it is a bit weak and previous owner told me it is about 4 years old. The Honda does have a good bit more power but just like the S40 I seem to enjoy cruising in the 70-75 mph range and the Honda does feel much more relaxed in that speed range.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #339 - 08/25/20 at 08:44:55

I'm bringing the usually supplies... bailing wire, the covid19 replacement for spit (WD40) and duct tape.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #340 - 08/25/20 at 16:43:13

I have a new addition to my "Carry Kit"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5pcs-180cm-Motorcycle-Metal-Brake-Clutch-Line-Cable-...

I'll find some "Split-Bolts" to go with them.  

I had plans to go to Suches this past weekend on the guzzi ... if I had not got rained out then I would have been far from home with a broken clutch cable !  

One of these babies in in the saddle bag would make all the difference in the world ! Smiley

spair_cable.jpg

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #341 - 08/25/20 at 17:00:46

Since my Cafe' bike has non-standard clutch and throttle cables (I made them)......I also made a spare set of both to take with me!

Cables take very little storage room when all rolled up.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #342 - 08/25/20 at 17:09:34

Hay , what did you use for the casing ?   mine is 48" but its border line to short .  Huh

I would use wider bars if it was easy to do so.

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #343 - 08/25/20 at 17:44:53

MMRanch wrote on 08/25/20 at 17:09:34:
Hay , what did you use for the casing ?   mine is 48" but its border line to short .  Huh

I would use wider bars if it was easy to do so.

For clutch and brake cables, I get my stuff from Venhill:
https://www.venhillusa.com/products/cable-kits-and-parts.html

I also built one throttle cable using their stuff - but I found that Teflon line bicycle casing and the stainless cable make much smoother throttle cables.  The only weird thing is stainless cable takes a special flux for the solder to stick.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #344 - 08/25/20 at 18:43:38

I was exploring the possibility of going to aftermarket carbs on the "W" .   That would involve making my own cable.   I hope the carb kits work out and I don't have to make a two into one throttle cable.   The aftermarket carbs have throttle cable adjusters to pair them with.

34mm_carb.jpg

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 32
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 14:03:17

General CategoryThe Cafe › Events for 2020

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.