Events for 2020 (Read 2629 times)
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Re: Events for 2020
Reply #315 - 08/03/20 at 15:13:08

Thanks for bringing this up. I have looked at the route I plan to take and because it is mainly major roads I did not worry about getting gas. However, I guess I will look at my route a bit closer and start calculating where I might want to stop for gas. Specially that since I put on the raptor petcock I have only hit reserve once and really did not notice at how many miles. I'll just plan on a gasoline break every hundred miles.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #316 - 08/04/20 at 04:42:06

Deb and I are camping this week at Hocking Hills in Ohio, and I brought the Arkansas maps with me.  I will be putting the rides into my Garmin so that we don't get too lost while exploring.  While I was looking at the maps I began to recognize the roads and towns that we enjoyed riding on.

Deb and I will be in the first camper parking area as you come into the camp - the entrance road is a loop and you enter the campground and the road splits, and you go left up the hill......we will be in the first spot on the right.  The office for check in is at the top of the hill right next to the pool.  Last year the pool was really nice at the end of the ride, as the temperatures were up in the 90's (I am not sure if the pool will be open this year).

We should probably have some discussion about food - we have a small grill and could cook things like hot dogs/bratts/metts/sausages in enough quantity to feed everyone - hamburgers might be cumbersome as this grill is about the size of a sheet of paper.  I don't know if the campground had a public grill or if the fire rings have grills on them - if they do it will be easy to cook in larger quantities.  For breakfast I usually just have oatmeal and/or yogurt.....I don't need a big breakfast.  There are about 3 restaurants in town - however the Ozark Cafe was our favorite and the food was affordable and good.  There is a grocery store about 1/2 mile from the campground that has a nice selection and also sells fuel.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #317 - 08/04/20 at 07:47:33

I remember something about grills and bbq's but can't find it now.
our cabin does have a small kitchen, fire ring and table.

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #318 - 08/04/20 at 07:52:05

There are about 3 restaurants in town - however the Ozark Cafe was our favorite and the food was affordable and good.  There is a grocery store about 1/2 mile from the campground that has a nice selection and also sells fuel.  

Smiley
Sounds like a little piece of heaven !    A week might not be long enough ?

I've got a 200 cubic-inch grill I'm bring also.  not sure about propane choices (1# green or 20# bottle) .    The cabins have grills and tables too.
We might just get the "week-long" bag of charcoal for the big cooking days.   Wink
It is nice to be able to put chicken breast on the grill , close the lid , and turn it down to cook .  Then every 10 minutes or so , Brush them with BBQ sauce  till they are just falling apart when ya flip-em .   Tongue

BBQChickenBreasts.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #319 - 08/04/20 at 08:04:24

MMRanch wrote on 08/04/20 at 07:52:05:
Smiley
Sounds like a little piece of heaven !    A week might not be long enough ?

I'm having what he's having   Cool

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #320 - 08/04/20 at 08:28:07

The cabin has a microwave , that means we can have "Baked Potato's too"  Smiley  ,  

I need to lay some chicken breast out of the freezer to practice on , I wouldn't want to disappoint you fellers on my culinary skills .  Wink

Seems like "Texas Toast" would go with dinner tonight !  Tongue

We need something Green too ?  Huh

texas_toast.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #321 - 08/04/20 at 08:41:15

MMRanch wrote on 08/04/20 at 08:28:07:
Seems like "Texas Toast" would go with dinner tonight !  Tongue

We need something Green too ?  Huh

Why? it's got parsley.

WWW   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #322 - 08/04/20 at 10:18:48

MM, you cook it. We'll do our best to eat it! Wink

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #323 - 08/04/20 at 17:04:34

I can see it now, y’all barely making it home after nearly starving to death.
I will be praying for extraordinary survival skills for ya.

YOU do have a saving grace though, there will be 2 women there to help insure you get some kind of nourishment.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #324 - 08/04/20 at 20:42:00

Well , we can't have BBQ Chicken for every meal but at least once would be good.

We may wear the road out between camp and the dinner ?   Huh

The cabin has :  Kitchenette with small fridge, 2 burner hot plate, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, pots, pans, dishes, utensils.

I'm bring the truck so , I can bring the " Big Crock-Pot " .  That means "Whole Pork Loin " cooking while we ride !  Wink   feed 15 folks at a time.  Just add buns , Baked beans and chips.  

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #325 - 08/05/20 at 04:07:52

I don't believe food will be a problem - it sounds like we have plenty of places to get food prepared.  The places to eat lunch while out riding are around, as most of the small markets do have a deli.

On the day we ride to Mount Magazine we will likely be eating lunch at the lodge, as it is a pretty long ride to get there and we will be arriving in time for the mid day meal.  MM has learned that I get "Hangry" if I you don't find me a place to eat by 2PM......I ride faster, pass slow cars more aggressively, and just get cranky!  

I do remember the mosquito population at the campground was not overwhelming - but they are small and very sneaky.  They can bite without you noticing, and the next morning you will find the itchy bump.  The weather was warm and short sleeve shirts were mandatory for comfort - but the exposed flesh was popular with the little buggers.  They were only an issue early in the morning and in the evening (which just happens to be when we are at the campground).  Bug spray is most likely the remedy - or you can just hide in your cabin.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #326 - 08/07/20 at 07:08:54

Badwolf here at the KSL. Mo and Bobby say hi to the Putt Putt boys, wherever you are!
A great day and ride up here yesterday, 730 miles and NO rain! No one else here yet this weekend, Bobby says it's been real slow this year, not just here but all the campgrounds.  
A little dreary this morning so far, but expected to clear up later this afternoon. A welcome change from the sweltering heat in S. Fla.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #327 - 08/07/20 at 08:22:18

Badwolf here at the KSL. Mo and Bobby say hi to the Putt Putt boys, wherever you are!  

Reminds me of "The News From Lake Woe-be-gon" from the Harrison Keeler radio show !

I'm planning on a ride to the CMAUSA Tn. State Rally in Kingsport Tn. the last weekend of the month . If anybody need an outing that weekend give me a holler so I can plan to meet ya.   Its not just for CMAUSA-ers , guest are always welcome.   I'm bring a tent/sleeping bag , I'll share the tent , but will bring the 8'x10' two door model - if sharing !

youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #328 - 08/07/20 at 11:50:38

Bad case of envy here.

Sure wish I could join ya.  Same story as always though, and you got to do what you should do.

Have FUN!!!

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #329 - 08/07/20 at 13:42:23

youzguyz

I hope to see you in the spring !   If not before . Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 32
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/01/24 at 15:51:22

General CategoryThe Cafe › Events for 2020

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.