Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Events for 2020
Reply #285 - 07/24/20 at 07:30:10

MMRanch wrote on 07/23/20 at 22:26:48:
Only turn into "Wild and Crazy guys" when the handlebars are in possession !  Grin

I've promised Marcia to "Behave" ... "Mostly"  Wink

You promised ?
Were you under pressure to toe the line ?  🤔

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #286 - 07/24/20 at 12:27:36

The last outing we rode on was a SkyWay/Dragon ride .   The only get up and go guy in the CMA bunch rides a 1800 GoldWing.   So with him ridding single and me an Marcia on the Guzzi 750 we ran off and left him on the Dragon part.    I believe Marcia enjoyed it as much as I did !  Smiley

Riding with you guys ... I know there ain't no "either hit the brakes or hit  the guy in front of ya" type stuff.  Cool

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #287 - 07/24/20 at 12:44:03

I just reserved cabin #14 , for the 13th - 19th of Sept.   The Lady said they have a Dollar Store , WiFi , and Cell service !   Wink

Also  the cabin has Charcoal BBQ Grill and picnic table so we can bring groceries and cook if we want.   I'm thinking "Bring the 200 CI gas grill and a coffee pot w/single burner stove" .    I'll be in the truck so ... why not   Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #288 - 07/24/20 at 14:53:00

Versy, are you coming by your self? Steve, my brother-in-law said he is joining us. Just trying to figure out what we need to do for lodging at the Jasperwoods place where MM already made his reservation.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #289 - 07/24/20 at 15:53:58

Dave , the lady I talked with said they just bought it in March this year , so "under new management " ?    She sounded nice .  

Paid 1/2 down and if we can't go then they apply the down payment to be used anytime in the next year.
Sounds fair enough .  Cool

verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #290 - 07/24/20 at 19:42:10

springman wrote on 07/24/20 at 14:53:00:
Versy, are you coming by your self? Steve, my brother-in-law said he is joining us. Just trying to figure out what we need to do for lodging at the Jasperwoods place where MM already made his reservation.

I talked to Lancer (or writ at him) and he doesn't know.  I'd sure like to go.
We might all be in quarantine after MM gives a hug making sure we all got the same cooties.    Huh

Lancers is about as far as I can go w/out a full nights rest.  And it's a half day from there.

#18 has 3 beds, and I'd split it with you and the hammer anytime.  
cpap has the snoring under control so any you hear will be MM on the porch after marcia rolls him out.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #291 - 07/24/20 at 20:29:17

We might all be in quarantine after MM gives a hug making sure we all got the same cooties.  

You fellers are such a "Huggable" bunch !   Grin
I've never met such a great bunch of guys !    Kiss

Really  guys , I've got a 96 year old Mother-in-Law who is still healthy.   If I brought this C-19 home and gave it to Marcia then she passed it to her mom then I'd be wearing a sign around my neck the rest of my natural life saying "KILLED HIS MOTHER-IN-LAW" .  

I spray my mask with 24hr. virus killer and bring the bottle with me in case it wears out before I get back home.    I'm just NOT ALLOUD to get this C-19 stuff with no excuses .   I'm the guy asking strangers "Where's your mask" and saying "That's close enough" to those without mask.

So , Lancer ... don't be not joining us on my account ... None of us are the type to be in a crowded bar or be hanging out with the type of folks who "JUST DON'T CARE" .

Not saying Versey isn't getting a hug --- but I'll be checking his temperature first !  Wink

verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #292 - 07/24/20 at 20:49:31

Mom is 88, no way am I bringing it to her.
MM, you got that little rock room in the garage, you can spend 2 weeks in there.

I told the guys at work I'm bringing a pool noodle and any time you get close enough I'm gonna give you a poke.

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #293 - 07/24/20 at 21:20:38

Pool Noodle     Huh

I'm not sure my laser temperature checker can reach that far ?    So I can see us all lined up at a fuel pump :  

MM sprays the pump key pad with virus killer then fills up then hand sanitizes
Lancer wipes the same pump with a disinfection wipe and fills up then wipes his bike and hands with another wipe
Versey runs the fuel through a pool noodle then into his tank then washes his hands in the RR.
Springman pulls out some disposable gloves and fills up then trashes the gloves and heads to the RR and waits for Versey to finish up.
Steve scratches his head
Dave has Deb fill his tank for him because the line for the Ladies room has no waiting .

Then we ride 100 miles and repeat !   Roll Eyes

verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #294 - 07/24/20 at 22:04:40

Nope.
1st person pulls up takes his gas cap off then goes to the rr.
2nd person repeat
3rd person repeat
4th person repeat
5th person repeat
Deb/Marcia sanitize the pump/hands then fills each tank w/no touching.
each person comes back in turn caps his bike and off he goes.

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #295 - 07/25/20 at 08:15:20

Ok , but I want High-Test , and who is telling the girls ?   Smiley

LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #296 - 07/26/20 at 06:03:56

MMRanch wrote on 07/25/20 at 08:15:20:
Ok , but I want High-Test , and who is telling the girls ?   Smiley

Looks to me like since MM ASKED this question HE is the one to notify the girls.  😎 🏍 👍

I’m in the same boat with y’all, mother is 93 on Tuesday and stepdad is 98, and all of us are high risk due to age, + other things for most of us.  It good to know we all are being careful.

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #297 - 07/26/20 at 10:17:54

Being careful here also. I'm at the age where I just don't recuperate or heal like I used to. I'm not too good with wearing disposable gloves but I carry a bottle of sanitizer in my car at all times and on in my jacket when I ride. Stopping for gas is really one of the most onerous things I do any more cuz it's where I feel most vulnerable.

Versy, I have my cpap now also so my snoring is under control and the darned thing has actually helped with allergies also. Smiley

I'm good with splitting the cabin you mention 3 ways and I'm pretty sure Hammer is also (but I'll verify with him any way). I guess we just need a definite yes or no from Lancer before making reservations.

Well, I just put new tires on the bike here at 36,436 miles, as well as a newer front rotor and slightly used pads. I may put brand new pads on before the trip. On this tire change I realized that I was previously changing the tires with way too much tread left on them. The front Shinko Tourmaster gave me between 16 and 20k miles as it hit the wear bars. The rear Shinko 712 gave me between 10 and 12k miles. I've got the mileage written down for these new tires, both Shinko 712, so I'll have more exact numbers for when these wear out. This is the first time I use the 712 on the front so we'll see how that goes.

I would like to do a bit more work on the bike prior to the trip, but it is just ridiculously hot and humid right now. Tongue

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #298 - 07/26/20 at 12:23:35

Versy, I have my cpap now also so my snoring is under control and the darned thing has actually helped with allergies also.  

Dang , am I the only one not using a Cpap machine ? Versey I didn't know what to say about you having one but now that two Ridding Buddies plus , Lancers has had one for years !!! Im feeling left out !.   I've got one that I used twice and Lancer use once.

The allergies thing set me to thinking ...  Roll Eyes  , sometimes that ends well ?  Grin

With nobody snoring I'm not sure I can get to sleep !  Undecided

springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #299 - 07/26/20 at 12:50:50

As long as Marcia can put up with your night noises, that is all that matters.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 32
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 09:42:44

General CategoryThe Cafe › Events for 2020

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.