Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Sure, There's Nothing To Hide.... (Read 425 times)
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Re: Sure, There's Nothing To Hide....
Reply #45 - 11/18/19 at 15:14:51

T And T Garage wrote on 11/18/19 at 14:01:45:
pg wrote on 11/18/19 at 13:35:32:
Mavigogun wrote on 11/18/19 at 09:32:32:
What sort of person sacrifices their integrity for a person like that?

Someone who believes in the free-market, 2A, private property, self-determination, and rugged individualism.

I have not compromised my integrity.  I do not support altruism & collectivism or any values that may be associated with them.

Best regards,

Wow, it's sad that anyone would admit that they don't support altruism.

That's somewhat sociopathic.

Yes, I'm sure it would seem sociopathic to a marxist.

Perhaps you have heard of  "Unalienable Rights", "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness "....

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #46 - 11/18/19 at 15:32:01

Somewhat?   It's sociopathy elevated to virtue.

2007 LS650 s40, presently being rebuilt
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #47 - 11/18/19 at 17:39:52

Mavigogun wrote on 11/18/19 at 15:32:01:

Somewhat?   It's sociopathy elevated to virtue.

Not at all, Marxists can not grasp the concept.

Best regards,

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #48 - 11/19/19 at 05:04:53

pg wrote on 11/18/19 at 15:14:51:

Perhaps you have heard of  "Unalienable Rights", "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness "....

Best regards,

Altruism:

the belief in or practice of disinterested and selfless concern for the well-being of others.
"some may choose to work with vulnerable elderly people out of altruism"

No, it's sad that anyone would reject these types of behaviour.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #49 - 11/19/19 at 05:52:51

T And T Garage wrote on 11/19/19 at 05:04:53:

Best regards,

Altruism:

the belief in or practice of disinterested and selfless concern for the well-being of others.

Ok, what have you done for humanity this year?

Best regards,

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #50 - 11/19/19 at 06:29:12

pg wrote on 11/19/19 at 05:52:51:

You clearly didn't understand "disinterested and selfless concern"- altruism can not pivot on the regard or performance of others.   Again, sociopathic.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #51 - 11/19/19 at 06:47:43

Mavigogun wrote on 11/19/19 at 06:29:12:

You clearly didn't understand "disinterested and selfless concern"- altruism can not pivot on the regard or performance of others.   Again, sociopathic.

I understand selfless concern; however, not on an indiscriminate basis.  How about yourself, do you practice what you preach?

Best regards,

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #52 - 11/19/19 at 07:50:49

T And T Garage wrote on 11/19/19 at 05:04:53:

Best regards,

Altruism:

Best regards,

As much as I can, given my time restraints.

I give back to St. Jude, I worked at a fundraiser for Combat Bike Saver, I'll be working for TFT and at the Great Chicago Food Depository in mid December.

That's only a small part.

What have you done?

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #53 - 11/19/19 at 08:25:49

T And T Garage wrote on 11/19/19 at 07:50:49:
What have you done?

Since you should ask.  Someone I work with had a sick spouse for the past year; actually, a subordinate.  On professional level I tailor made the schedule for a year to accommodate for numerous doctors appointments.  I guided him through the process to of going on and off FMLA twice.  Assisted with numerous HR issues.

Personally, I provided gas money so he could take his wife to the doctor.  I paid his light bill a couple times, and provided grocery money.  I told him he could pay me back when convenient, knowing I will never see the money again.  I lost keeping track; however, it is at least 1K.   The spouse recently passed.

I recused a poor little kitten as well.  It took a while, but it is doing well.  However, I’ve been doing animal rescues for years.

Best regards,

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #54 - 11/19/19 at 08:28:11

pg wrote on 11/19/19 at 06:47:43:
I understand selfless concern; however, not on an indiscriminate basis.  How about yourself, do you practice what you preach?

Typically I lament distractions from the lead topic- here, the courts compelling the delivery of documents as part of a prosecution -but this diversion may bear far more substantial fruit.

I rarely achieve "indiscriminate" altruism- judgement is a natural reflex I am subject to.  'Is that a tiger in the bush, or just the wind?'  'Is this need worthy of what I can offer?' is, by my reckoning, a necessary question.

Most of my direct doing for others begins with folks I know; for strangers, direct giving of food or money is more typical, usually unplanned.  1 day packing boxes at a food bank is something I did this year, but nothing I would brag about- rather, it underlines my limited participation.  

I often carry food in the truck to disperse at traffic lights to those who ask for food; I can't validate that need, and usually don't try to.   If the person petitioning for help is smoking a cigarette, I tend to give to someone else.   I suspect most interpret cues to discriminate need in this way- accurate or not.

I'm not sure if altruism actually requires selflessness- I reckon the calculation to help or not often involves our vision of self.   I believe most of us would be more readily involved in helping others were we less isolated in our communities; those times when I've been handed a chance to help, I was grateful for the opportunity.   A lack of participation doesn't equate to a lack of care- it's just so easy to become walled off in our own reality; that doesn't really define us.

Some folks need to see a demonstration of effect and equity- they may help a stranded motorist, rescue a flood victim, or help with the education of an impoverished child, but then object to something like healthcare reform.   I get that, even if I view it as a limitation of imagination.

Topically, as part of a settlement, Trump has admitted to stealing from charity.   More than just a lack of altruism, it is the opposite- and speaks to the character of the man seeking to hide his record.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #55 - 11/19/19 at 08:34:17

pg wrote on 11/19/19 at 08:25:49:
I recused a poor little kitten as well.  It took a while, but it is doing well.

Politics are everywhere...
Just kidding... Grin

PS.. your personal account belies your disdain for altruism...
...that's a compliment, BTW... Cool

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #56 - 11/19/19 at 09:30:59

pg wrote on 11/19/19 at 08:25:49:
T And T Garage wrote on 11/19/19 at 07:50:49:
What have you done?

Since you should ask.  Someone I work with had a sick spouse for the past year; actually, a subordinate.  On professional level I tailor made the schedule for a year to accommodate for numerous doctors appointments.  I guided him through the process to of going on and off FMLA twice.  Assisted with numerous HR issues.

Why?  In your own words, "I do not support altruism & collectivism or any values that may be associated with them."

Are you now lying?

Personally, I provided gas money so he could take his wife to the doctor.  I paid his light bill a couple times, and provided grocery money.  
I told him he could pay me back when convenient, knowing I will never see the money again.  I lost keeping track; however, it is at least 1K.   The spouse recently passed.

So?  Did you get the money back with interest?  Because, in your own words "I do not support altruism & collectivism or any values that may be associated with them."

I recused a poor little kitten as well.  It took a while, but it is doing well.  However, I’ve been doing animal rescues for years.

Why?  Where's the profit or incentive in that?  Because, in your own words "I do not support altruism & collectivism or any values that may be associated with them."

Best regards,

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #57 - 11/19/19 at 14:10:41

T And T Garage wrote on 11/19/19 at 09:30:59:
Why?  In your own words, "I do not support altruism & collectivism or any values that may be associated with them."

Are you now lying?

Not speaking with any specific insight into “pg”; that said, their is a common ideological rift some opposed to taxation fancy by which these seemingly contradicting statements may be reconciled.   Some oppose taxation, but not elective charity- that is, they will reach into their pocket to give, but reject any notion of legislated charity or investment in society that is not perceived to be of direct personal benefit.

Here, the use of “&” is critical- “altruism & collectivism”, not “altruism OR collectivism”.   In the former case, the statements might not be contradictory, as the objection is to the two applied in concert.  So, judging from previous statements, a sociopath, but in this case perhaps not a lying sociopath.  Or my supposition may be completely wrong, there is no such nuance of language at play here, and both characterizations are reflective.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #58 - 11/20/19 at 04:44:20

Mavigogun wrote on 11/19/19 at 14:10:41:
Some oppose taxation, but not elective charity- that is, they will reach into their pocket to give, but reject any notion of legislated charity or investment in society that is not perceived to be of direct personal benefit.

I agree with much of this statement.  Please note the deleted portion, I do not need a personal benefit.  I use the term 'indiscriminate basis' so I may provide general boundaries; I prefer to see the direct benefits of my efforts.

Now, off to the links...

Best regards,

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #59 - 11/21/19 at 14:18:46

So?  Did you get the money back with interest?

No...

Best regards,

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/30/24 at 06:08:08

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Sure, There's Nothing To Hide....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.