Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
Sure, There's Nothing To Hide.... (Read 425 times)
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Sure, There's Nothing To Hide....
11/04/19 at 12:10:21

Court Orders Trump Accounting Firm To Turn Over Tax Returns To New York Prosecutors

A federal appeals court has ruled that President Donald Trump’s accounting firm Mazars must turn over his tax returns to New York prosecutors.

Trump’s lawyers had argued that, as president, he was immune from criminal investigation ― a claim the three-judge appeals panel rejected.

Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus R. Vance Jr. is pursuing the returns as part of an investigation into the Trump Organization’s role in buying the silence of two women who say they had affairs with Trump.

Adult film star Stormy Daniels received $130,000 from Trump’s longtime attorney and former fixer, Michael Cohen. Cohen, who is currently serving a three-year sentence for campaign finance charges and other crimes, testified that Trump ordered him to make the payment.

Cohen also helped broker a deal between former Playboy model Karen McDougal and the Trump-friendly parent company of the National Enquirer, American Media Inc.

In an earlier ruling in October, a federal judge dismissed Trump’s lawyers’ assertion of presidential immunity as an “extraordinary” claim.

Judge Victor Marrero said he could not “endorse such a categorical and limitless assertion of presidential immunity.”

On Monday, the appeals court said “presidential immunity does not bar the enforcement of a state grand jury subpoena directing a third party to produce non‐privileged material, even when the subject matter under investigation pertains to the President.”

Trump lawyer Jay Sekulow said Monday his team intends to appeal to the Supreme Court.

The district attorney’s criminal subpoena is separate from other Democratic efforts to obtain Trump’s tax returns. Trump refused to release his taxes both as a presidential candidate and as president, breaking decades of tradition. His returns would reveal information about his income, how much he pays in taxes and how much he gives to charity.

Democrats in the House of Representatives sued for copies of the president’s returns in July after the Trump administration defied a subpoena and a formal request under a federal tax disclosure law. That case is pending in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia and could take months to resolve.

Congressional Democrats also issued a subpoena for the president’s financial information to the accounting firm Mazars, though that subpoena did not specifically ask for tax records. Trump’s personal lawyers sued to block Mazars from complying with that subpoena. Courts have sided with Democrats and that case is also on appeal and could wind up at the Supreme Court.

Gee, those trump stooges sure are trying hard to keep his taxes hidden.

I wonder why that is?

Oh!  I know!  He's a crook.  He's taken money from Russian oligarchs.  He runs his business like the mafia.  He's a sh!tty businessman.
Take your pick - they all apply.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Sure, There's Nothing To Hide....
Reply #1 - 11/04/19 at 12:29:11

I wonder why that is?

I think I know what's the most likely explanation. Easy to figure out if you don't have TDS. Take a few aspirins and then take a stab at what it is.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 11/04/19 at 12:48:18

WebsterMark wrote on 11/04/19 at 12:29:11:
I wonder why that is?

I think I know what's the most likely explanation. Easy to figure out if you don't have TDS. Take a few aspirins and then take a stab at what it is.

trump is a crook - I answered that.

He's afraid of turning over his taxes, plain and simple.

If this had been Obama, or any other dem, the cons would be on fire.

He is hiding something.

Only 2 possible explanations.

1 - he's a crook
2 - he's a worse businessman than anyone thought

Let's also not for get this:

Donald Trump said he would release his tax returns. Then he said he’d do it after an audit. Now he says the public doesn’t care.

Over the years, the president and members of his Administration have changed tactics several times on the question of whether he would follow a decades-old precedent and release his old tax returns.

In a 2014 interview, Trump said he would release the returns, without any qualifications.

“If I decide to run for office, I’ll produce my tax returns, absolutely,” he told “Ireland AM.” “And I would love to do that.”

But once he was actually running, he added some caveats, first saying that he would not to have “everything all approved” by his accountants, then claiming — falsely — that he could not release them because he was under audit.

“Obviously if I’m being audited, I’m not going to release a return,” he told CNN.

Still, Trump pledged that he would release the tax returns before Election Day.

tweet:
In interview I told
@AP
that my taxes are under routine audit and I would release my tax returns when audit is complete, not after election!

He didn’t. And not long after the election, some of his staffers put forward a new argument: He didn’t need to release them because the public had showed they did not care about the issue by electing him.

“We litigated this all through the election,” said White House advisor Kellyanne Conway. “People didn’t care.”

That’s not true. In fact, polls regularly show that a majority of Americans think he should release his tax returns, with support sometimes as high as 74%, depending on the wording.

Recently, Trump shifted tactics again, falsely claiming that there is no law requiring that he release his tax returns to a congressional committee that has requested them.

“No, there is no law,” he said. “As you know, I got elected last time with this same issue. And while I’m under audit, I won’t do it. If I’m not under audit, I would do it. I had no problem with it. But while I’m under audit, I would not give my taxes. There’s no law whatsoever.”

http://time.com/5571077/donald-trump-tax-returns-arguments/

So, there you have it.

trump is most definitely hiding something.  To deny that is to be ignorant.

No, there is no law that states he must release them, but there is indeed precedent.  Precedent that he refuses to follow.  It comes as no surprise that his followers don't care.  They wallow in denial.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 11/04/19 at 13:30:50

trump is most definitely hiding something.  To deny that is to be ignorant.  I'm not denying he's hiding something. And I'm not ignorant.

Only 2 possible explanations. No, there's another.

1 - he's a crook

#3 ?

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 11/04/19 at 13:39:11

WebsterMark wrote on 11/04/19 at 13:30:50:

trump is most definitely hiding something.  To deny that is to be ignorant.  I'm not denying he's hiding something. And I'm not ignorant.

Touchy much?

Only 2 possible explanations. No, there's another.

1 - he's a crook

#3 ?

No, there is no 3.

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #5 - 11/04/19 at 14:00:30

Mark is hoping you'll come up with an excuse for him!   Simply incredible!   Either you have a compelling reason to believe other than what is obvious, or you don't, Mark.   Trump has lied.   Trump has obstructed.   Trump is clearly afraid of the public knowing the nature of his business and practices.

Mark, if you had anything credible, you would be waving it about- not playing 'guess what it might be'.   Your game is silly- and disrespectful of those engaged here.   Participate, or don't- but don't pretend.   As you have said, "put up, or shut up".   I prefer you to put up... if you can.

2007 LS650 s40, presently being rebuilt
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 11/04/19 at 14:19:50

T And T Garage wrote on 11/04/19 at 13:39:11:

Touchy much?  Hey now, I was in the middle or a rational conversation...Only 2 possible explanations. No, there's another.

1 - he's a crook

#3 ?

No, there is no 3.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 11/04/19 at 14:20:22

Mavigogun wrote on 11/04/19 at 14:00:30:
Mark is hoping you'll come up with an excuse for him!   Simply incredible!   Either you have a compelling reason to believe other than what is obvious, or you don't, Mark.   Trump has lied.   Trump has obstructed.   Trump is clearly afraid of the public knowing the nature of his business and practices.

Mark, if you had anything credible, you would be waving it about- not playing 'guess what it might be'.   Your game is silly- and disrespectful of those engaged here.   Participate, or don't- but don't pretend.   As you have said, "put up, or shut up".   I prefer you to put up... if you can.

Drive by. I wasn't talking to you.

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #8 - 11/04/19 at 14:22:14

You're clearly your own audience, Mark.   You don't have conversations, and retreat under scrutiny.   Convictions require at least a little courage- and you demonstrate none.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 11/04/19 at 14:23:33

WebsterMark wrote on 11/04/19 at 14:19:50:
T And T Garage wrote on 11/04/19 at 13:39:11:

Touchy much?  Hey now, I was in the middle or a rational conversation...Only 2 possible explanations. No, there's another.

1 - he's a crook

#3 ?

No, there is no 3.

No, you weren't.  You had the thin skin reaction to say that you weren't ignorant.

Instead of simply stating your opinion (what you think number 3 should be), you have to defend.

Funny how that is always the case.

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #10 - 11/04/19 at 14:25:44

T And T Garage wrote on 11/04/19 at 14:23:33:
Instead of simply stating your opinion (what you think number 3 should be), you have to defend.

He's a balloon- empty, save for hot air; with no substance to weigh him down, he's free to drift anywhere.

Let's revisit that headline:

"Court Orders Trump Accounting Firm To Turn Over Tax Returns To New York Prosecutors"

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 11/04/19 at 15:13:31

No, you weren't.  You had the thin skin reaction to say that you weren't ignorant.

Dude, I'm just giving you the opportunity to try and expand your mind a little. Think, why wouldn't someone with Trump's business reach want his taxes and all that that entails, exposed?  .......

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #12 - 11/04/19 at 15:22:17

Really, Mark, you're concerned for his opportunities -that's how you're going to play this?   Distract, redirect, troll, troll, troll.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 11/04/19 at 18:13:05

WebsterMark wrote on 11/04/19 at 15:13:31:

Dude, I'm just giving you the opportunity to try and expand your mind a little. Think, why wouldn't someone with Trump's business reach want his taxes and all that that entails, exposed?  .......

There are only 2 reasons.

He's a crook, or he's lying about his wealth.

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #14 - 11/04/19 at 18:24:53

Mark knows he's gonna sound like a crackpot- why else such reticence to divulge this particular opinion when he... deposits ...so many with ease?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/19/24 at 22:28:16

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Sure, There's Nothing To Hide....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.