T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Fur or babies?
Reply #76 - 05/20/19 at 06:02:28

WebsterMark wrote on 05/20/19 at 04:58:13:
Eegore wrote on 05/19/19 at 23:14:04:
 I think asking how or if prosecuting women for attempting abortion is a valid question.

I don't think it will ever happen since it's much easier to go after the provider.

It's because he hates babies. He and other leftist are waging a war on babies.

LOL - "war on babies" now?

You conservatives are hilarious.  There is no war on babies - there's no war on anything.

You cons use that phrase to legitimize your fear mongering.  You make it sound like the lefties are going to kill all babies...lmao!!

The fact is - this whole debate is not about abortions - it's about a woman's right to choose what to do with her body.

Get over it.  It's not going to change.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #77 - 05/20/19 at 06:35:16

T And T Garage wrote on 05/20/19 at 05:58:49:
WebsterMark wrote on 05/19/19 at 19:46:24:
Wow, you really hate babies don't you?

A fetus is not a baby.

Just so I'm clear, in your definition, a fetus is the term up until the moment where it emerges from the woman's body at which point it becomes a baby / human with all the inalienable rights we all share?

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #78 - 05/20/19 at 08:35:04

A fetus is not a baby.

Yep, he's dehumanizing the enemy to make what's deplorable acceptable.

WWW   IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #79 - 05/20/19 at 08:59:33

WebsterMark wrote on 05/20/19 at 06:35:16:

A fetus is not a baby.

Just so I'm clear, in your definition, a fetus is the term up until the moment where it emerges from the woman's body at which point it becomes a baby / human with all the inalienable rights we all share?

No.  A fetus is the term I use for the organism that cannot sustain itself outside the host's body.

It is somewhere around the beginning of the third trimester - 23 to 26 weeks that a fetus becomes viable outside the body.

After that point, there should be restrictions and considerations made of abortions.

Clear?

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #80 - 05/20/19 at 09:00:41

verslagen1 wrote on 05/20/19 at 08:35:04:

A fetus is not a baby.

You label me as such to make yourself feel better.  Sad.

The fact is vers - most women agree with me - not you.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #81 - 05/20/19 at 09:24:22

T And T Garage wrote on 05/20/19 at 09:00:41:

A fetus is not a baby.

Where's the label?

WWW   IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #82 - 05/20/19 at 09:42:48

verslagen1 wrote on 05/20/19 at 09:24:22:
T And T Garage wrote on 05/20/19 at 09:00:41:

A fetus is not a baby.

Where's the label?

Sorry, should have said You accuse me as such to make yourself feel better.  Sad.

Better?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #83 - 05/20/19 at 09:56:41

No.  A fetus is the term I use for the organism that cannot sustain itself outside the host's body.

fetus....organism....host...    ain't you Mr. Human?!

So due to the medical technology we have in advanced nations in 2019;  today's baby was an organism 20 years ago and today's organism will be a baby 20 years from now.

Solid logic there..... Huh

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #84 - 05/20/19 at 10:12:56

WebsterMark wrote on 05/20/19 at 09:56:41:

fetus....organism....host...    ain't you Mr. Human?!

Well mark - a fetus isn't a "human".

So due to the medical technology we have in advanced nations in 2019;  today's baby was an organism 20 years ago and today's organism will be a baby 20 years from now.

That makes no sense.  A fetus that is under 20 weeks old is not viable outside the body.  Medical technology be darned.  You can't have something that isn't true, suddenly be true.

Solid logic there..... Huh

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #85 - 05/20/19 at 10:31:09

A fetus that is under 20 weeks old is not viable outside the body.  Medical technology be darned.  You can't have something that isn't true, suddenly be true.

But medical technology does matter. Years ago, that 20 week limit was higher. No matter the medical technology, 24 weeks was the limit for example.  And logically, years in the future, it will be lower, 16 weeks. So I'm just trying to understand. Based upon what you said: A baby is a fetus based upon the medical technology at the time and place it happens to be.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #86 - 05/20/19 at 11:07:09

WebsterMark wrote on 05/20/19 at 10:31:09:
A fetus that is under 20 weeks old is not viable outside the body.  Medical technology be darned.  You can't have something that isn't true, suddenly be true.

But medical technology does matter. Years ago, that 20 week limit was higher. No matter the medical technology, 24 weeks was the limit for example.  And logically, years in the future, it will be lower, 16 weeks. So I'm just trying to understand. Based upon what you said: A baby is a fetus based upon the medical technology at the time and place it happens to be.

Again, it's not all about the abortion, it's about the women's right to choose.  But I'll indulge you...

So let's set this up properly.  I state that a woman's right to choose should not be taken away.  I also state that if enough of the pregnancy has passed and the fetus is viable outside the body (let's say 23 weeks), then there should be restrictions and considerations made at that time about allowing an abortion.  

Restrictions such as as termination of the fetus and consideration to the life of the mother (I'm only calling her "mother" because we are talking about a fetus that may be viable outside the body).  If the mother's life is in danger due to the fetus, then she should still have the choice on whether or not to abort.  If the mother simply wants to terminate the fetus for no other reason than birth control - she should not be allowed.  However, if the time ever comes where medical science can reliably sustain a fetus outside the body prior to say, 20 weeks, then those considerations shift slightly.  

If you want to try and look into the future, then at some point, abortion will no longer be a thing.  Artificial uteruses already exist.  But we've got a hell of a long way to go before that.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #87 - 05/20/19 at 11:22:09

I've always wondered this, but what condition jeopardizes the mother's health that can only be remedied by killing the baby?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #88 - 05/20/19 at 11:54:55

"I've always wondered this, but what condition jeopardizes the mother's health that can only be remedied by killing the baby?"

Theres many reasons women die from childbirth.  Also mortality rates have increased, and many of the reasons are unknown.  

According to 9 MMRC's the primary factors known prior to birth are preeclampsia, cardiomyopathy, blood disease, potential for hemorrhage, and coronary disease.  

"Overall, there were seven leading underlying causes of pregnancy-related death, accounting for 72.1% of all pregnancy-related deaths (Figure 4). In addition, there were at least 5 pregnancy-related deaths due to each of the following: amniotic fluid embolism (4.2%), homicide (3.3%), cerebrovascular accidents (2.8%), unintentional injury (2.8%), anesthesia complications (2.3%), and autoimmune diseases (2.3%). "

In the above section autoimmune diseases are typically known prior to childbirth and risk factors, when combined with consistent assessment, can be reliably calculated.  Autoimmune factors should also be considered as a childbirth related mortality factor.

This covers circumstances only prior to birth and result in mortality during delivery, it doesn't include situations where both the mother and child will die.  Also a number of others pregnancy related issues can kill the mother months after birth.

https://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/maternalinfanthealth/pregnancy-mortali...

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #89 - 05/20/19 at 11:59:15

WebsterMark wrote on 05/20/19 at 11:22:09:
I've always wondered this, but what condition jeopardizes the mother's health that can only be remedied by killing the baby?

Not tough to find on the google machine....

http://www.livescience.com/24127-fact-check-walsh-pregnancy-can-kill.html

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2012/10/19/abortion-mother-life-wal...

http://www.womenshealth.gov/pregnancy/youre-pregnant-now-what/pregnancy-compl...

But to be clear - we're not talking about a baby - we're talking about a fetus.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/16/24 at 19:15:37

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Fur or babies?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.