Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18
Send Topic Print
Savage Events for 2019 (Read 1981 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Savage Events for 2019
Reply #75 - 03/19/19 at 22:41:44

..my wife would likely not enjoy rides below 65 degrees.  

If Deb would think its too cold chances are Marcia would too !

Later in the summer ....  Huh

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #76 - 03/20/19 at 08:48:59

Well I am chompin' at the bit to go riding....soon!

I am going to watch the weather, and there may be a "surprise" ride come up in the not too distant future.

I do have cold riding gear that can keep me warm - the only issue is that tent camping is not likely and a hotel or cabin will be needed.....and it must be dry!

The Two Wheel inn has great cold weather accommodations.  It is $80 a night for double occupancy ($40 each)...and you get a garage to park your bike in.
http://twowheelinn.com/

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #77 - 03/20/19 at 15:59:52

The Two Wheel inn has great cold weather accommodations.  It is $80 a night for double occupancy ($40 each)...and you get a garage to park your bike in.  

I hope I'm not already committed already when the weather gives us a break !   I've got medium good gear- .   Heated gloves and Freeze-Out long johns under a good nylon outfit .  Smiley

We talking during the middle of the week ?

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #78 - 03/21/19 at 04:06:31

MMRanch wrote on 03/20/19 at 15:59:52:
[highlight]    Heated gloves and Freeze-Out long johns under a good nylon outfit .  Smiley

We talking during the middle of the week ?

Daytime temps are in the 60's.....it is the morning ride to the Huddle House that will be in the 40's.

I probably can go riding any day except Mon/Tue. - it will be the weather conditions that control......if a dry warm front comes through for a few days - that will be the time to go. 

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #79 - 03/22/19 at 08:48:15

Dave/MM,

PM me (I'll get an email notice to look up and pay attention) if you schedule a ride on any weekends. Me and my brother might run up if schedules permit. I can't come weekdays due to work.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #80 - 03/22/19 at 09:13:57

Well Dave ,  The excitement peaks on the weekends anyway !  Smiley

But the motel rates doubles too !    If I'm not tied-up with a commitment of some-sort then I'm it for a ride any nice weather day we can get .  Wink

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #81 - 03/24/19 at 14:35:41

Yesterday I went for a 300 mile ride... most of it was 75mph interstate stuff.  It was 47 when I left.....and warmed up to 57 by the time I got home.

I discovered I have adequate clothing and wind protection to allow all day riding in those conditions and stay comfortable (provided there is no rain).

So......I believe I am up for an outing to TN/NC/GA/VA under those weather conditions (50+ and dry).

I will watch the weather conditions and see if there is a chance to go riding anytime soon.

The rates at the Two Wheel Inn are the same on weekdays or weekends, and chances are that we don't need to make any reservations in advance this early in the riding season.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #82 - 03/25/19 at 08:19:18

The idea of a (50 deg./ 0% rain) , (60 deg./10% rain), etc . works for me all the way to (100 deg./50% rain) ... after that I'm going with the AC. !   Grin

So , ride to the area Friday , play all day Saturday , ride home Sunday ! ...
No need to bring a tent even !    Nothing needed but an address and a GPS.  Smiley

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #83 - 03/25/19 at 12:11:25

The actual days can vary.....Stewmills is the one locked in to riding on Saturday/Sunday.

If the weather proves to be best on Wednesday and/or Thursday....then maybe the fun can start before Friday.  Mondays and Tuesdays are also a possibility if the weather looks best on those days.

The end of this week looks pretty good in the Robbinsville area - but my wife is out of town and won't be coming home until Thursday afernoon.  I could drive down and be there to ride on Friday and Saturday, and it appears the rain will come on Sunday.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #84 - 03/25/19 at 15:10:23

I've already volunteered to be the Cook at the Cafe Agape this Saturday afternoon/night .    Embarrassed

Its kinda like a Christian Bar that don't make a profit but does supply a good hang-out environment for young folks .    Free cover charge , pool tables , live entertainment  ,  and "at cost" short-order food !    I'm not very entertaining but I can run a grill !  Wink      

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #85 - 03/25/19 at 18:26:16

This really isn't a good week for me either....Deb is out of town and I need to pick her up at the airport Thursday afternoon.

I will keep watching the weather, and see if we can find a couple good days when we can sneak away.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #86 - 03/25/19 at 21:27:50

I hope Stew and his brother can join us too .    But , I still want to go even if they can't !  Smiley    

Dave if your bringing the BMW then I'll need to bring the Guzzi  , you remember my Savage is still a Stock Motor with a tall gear !  Roll Eyes   It works GREAT for 9 out of 10 events .  Wink

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #87 - 03/26/19 at 03:43:23

If it is cold and warms up in the day....I will likely bring my new BMW, as I have places to store my clothes (that is a new concept for me).

If the weather is warm nights and warmer days and dry....then the Savage is likely. (It has no storage unless I wear a backpack).

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #88 - 03/26/19 at 07:27:46

Dave ,  two things have dawned on me in the last day !  

One :   If Deb is flying , then I'm glad she has recovered enough to be good with the pressure changes .
Two :   If you bring the BMW then I'll have a place to put my "junk in your Trunk" !  Grin  ...  Grin Grin Grin

Wish her well for me when ya see her !  Smiley

« Last Edit: 03/27/19 at 07:54:14 by MMRanch »  

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #89 - 03/26/19 at 07:40:12

As our dear departed comrade "old_rider" was quick to point out.

It is not proper for a man to put his......"junk in your trunk"! Huh

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/26/24 at 15:20:02

General CategoryThe Cafe › Savage Events for 2019

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.