Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18
Send Topic Print
Savage Events for 2019 (Read 1981 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Savage Events for 2019
Reply #90 - 03/26/19 at 14:19:19

Was this on the same trip to the Road to Nowhere when MM's little round sissy bar trunk popped open on him and he dropped a two liter mountain dew on the pavement right in front of the rest of us?      Shook it up real real good and the neck split jest a little bit from the impact it did ..... spewed a right proper cloud of yellow mist for all of us to ride through.          Roll Eyes    ..... you should carefully secure your junk in your trunk and not let it be popping out to wee on people .....

Yellow rain took on a whole new sticky meaning for us on that particular afternoon .....    Shocked

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #91 - 03/26/19 at 19:49:36

UMMMM, is this the motorcycle forum? I'm blushing! Shocked

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #92 - 03/27/19 at 07:50:07

The bottle was in a car cup holder swing from a elastic cargo net stretched between my handle-bars ... and the road was really bumpy ...   Such a waste of Mt.Dew !!!  Embarrassed

If I hadn't been so busy staying in the road , I'd have loved to been watching in my mirror !  Grin

That's Ok Dave , I couldn't live with out a trunk , but I have had thoughts of putting one of those 3 gal round gas barrels inside the trunk .   But , I hate to give-up the handy storage --- the saddle bags just ain't as handy.  Undecided

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #93 - 03/27/19 at 08:04:57

MMRanch wrote on 03/27/19 at 07:50:07:
I couldn't live with out a trunk , but I have had thoughts of putting one of those 3 gal round gas barrels inside the trunk .   But , I hate to give-up the handy storage --- the saddle bags just ain't as handy.  Undecided

That is one of the reasons I have to trailer the Cafe' bike to rides - I have no way to haul anything on it for an extended stay.  My new bikes both have luggage (saddlebags and top box) that snap on and off with just a key, and it is nice to have a place to store things when needed.  I will be able to travel on these bikes.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
lilredthumper
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #94 - 04/04/19 at 15:21:11

Anyone in the Maryland/DC area?

56284089_613042359160479_2419966685474717696_n.jpg
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #95 - 04/04/19 at 18:20:37

lilredthumper wrote on 04/04/19 at 15:21:11:
Anyone in the Maryland/DC area?

Since you are new......we will cut you some slack for not knowing about the Member map - you can find it at the top of the Cafe Section.

You can use it to find members in your area.
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1532657965

This thread is for discussing trips we hope to take this summer.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #96 - 04/04/19 at 21:06:39

lilredthumper

You anywhere near the upper end of the parkway ?

These little thumpers are a lot of FUN !    Wink     Check out the Kawasaki pulley if your mechanical inclined .   Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #97 - 04/16/19 at 07:06:53

MM/Dave,
Any proposed rides for our 'territories' in the next 4-6 weeks? I have family vacation from 4 May - 11 May and am then supposed to be back up in N-GA the following weekend of 17-19 May to ride with my friend's veterans group. Maybe we can double down and we can camp/stay together and I can ride with you all one day and them one day?  

They are staying at Copperhead Lodge in Blairsville (Dave rode by there with me after we sent MM home on our last ride). I called to make reservations a few times but no one will answer the phone. They have cabins for $164 - $154/night if y'all wanted to come and us all stay there and skip the tenting to make it easier on us? My brother would likely come and the cabins say they sleep 4 max if we wanted to talk about that and splitting it 4 ways? Would probably come out to about $75-100 per person for 2 nights (Friday and Saturday night) after taxes and such.  Let me know and if that is viable I will make a reservation for us all before all sell out.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #98 - 04/17/19 at 20:08:39

Stew , If I can get all my chores done-up and the wife's blessings then I'd love a sunny ride with a bunch of Veterans (heck - I'm one of them too !  Wink)

So , your talking about splitting a room with the 3 or 4 of us ?  Huh

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #99 - 04/18/19 at 05:12:49

Unfortunately - that is not a good weekend for me.  My wife is out of town and I will have to stay around to be the "Animal Control Officer" for Lily the dog and our stoopid cat.

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #100 - 04/18/19 at 06:49:31

Dave,
Boo.  Where is the 'thumbs down' icon?

MM,
Given that Dave appears to be out, that would leave the three of us in a little cabin room split three ways. Me, you, my little brother.   Yes, these are all semi and retired Navy veterans on big fat Harley's, but a good bunch of people and welcoming to anyone. I go because my good friend from MO is in the group and it's the once a year that we get to catch up.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #101 - 04/18/19 at 07:55:43

big fat Harley's,  

Sounds like my CMAUSA group , except they have a few G-Wings thrown in ,  one of them even has training wheels on it.    Roll Eyes

But

That's OK , its good to slow-down and smell the roses some times too !  Smiley

LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #102 - 04/18/19 at 09:44:30

Dave wrote on 04/18/19 at 05:12:49:
Unfortunately - that is not a good weekend for me.  My wife is out of town and I will have to stay around to be the "Animal Control Officer" for Lily the dog and our stoopid cat.

Stupid cat ?
Are you sure ?
They are sure good at pretending and all the while manipulating us.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #103 - 04/18/19 at 19:47:59

Well....I may be able to get away after all.  My wife will still be gone - but if I can talk somebody into house/dog/cat sitting for a few days.....I can come and play.

Let me talk to the lady at work....she loves Lilly and likes spending a couple days with her (and for some reason she also likes the stoopid cat).

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #104 - 04/19/19 at 08:19:20

10-4.  I have a 1 br cabin reserved for arrival on Friday the 17th for 2 nights.  It has a main bed and a separate room with 2 bunks, and I will also have my cot so we can make 4 people fit.  Brother and I will be going either way so no hard feelings if something happens and you can't come but hopefully it all works out.

Copperhead Lodge, Blairsville GA.

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 14:53:03

General CategoryThe Cafe › Savage Events for 2019

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.