Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
The Complete Moderate's Guide to Gun Control (Read 170 times)
LostArtist
Ex Member

The Complete Moderate's Guide to Gun Control
10/12/18 at 07:59:25

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Re: The Complete Moderate's Guide to Gun Control
Reply #1 - 10/12/18 at 10:23:51

Well he Lies, does NOT, Communicate all the FACTS.

And ’spins’, the few things that are true.

It is JUST,
what the, ‘Gun Banners’, want to hear.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #2 - 10/12/18 at 15:44:40

MnSpring wrote on 10/12/18 at 10:23:51:

It is JUST,

tell us what are      "all the facts"  please

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 10/12/18 at 16:29:05

thumperclone wrote on 10/12/18 at 15:44:40:
MnSpring wrote on 10/12/18 at 10:23:51:

It is JUST,

There could be some argument over what the founding fathers actually meant, but I think his conclusions are fairly reasonable

and it's only a 20 minute video, so yeah, not All the facts are in it, but it is a reasonable approach to the issue

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 10/13/18 at 23:04:50

The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
It's not about hunting.
It's about removing a tyrannical government from power.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 10/14/18 at 07:44:15

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/13/18 at 23:04:50:
It's not about hunting.

All arms?  All types of weapons?  No restrictions?  No registrations?  No permits?  No background checks?  No criminal limitations?

The Second doesn't mention any of those things either.... how about that?

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #6 - 10/14/18 at 10:53:57

From one who studied in the US and returned to study more in Europe...

The 2nd Amendment was written in those days in that perspective and to fulfil those requirements.

Everybody - settlers, farmers, trappers and military - had more or less the same gun - a black powder muzzleloader (this goes for Europe, too).

In those days, "assault weapon" was a pike or a bayonet (this goes for Europe, too).

In those days, nobody in his right mind would raise his children to become pot-smoking retards (this goes for Europe, too).

So, YES, the 2nd Amendment was written and approved for the very purpose of making sure no tyrannical government would strip the People of its rights.
No European ruler nor "democratic government" ever approved such an Amendment in Europe - just to show you how good you've got it.

Which makes you think... WTF is a "gun-free zone"  Huh
Would it equate to "criminal gang supermarket" ?

Think about it...

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #7 - 10/14/18 at 13:15:12

Did I mention
I missed you?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #8 - 10/14/18 at 15:05:42

thumperclone wrote on 10/12/18 at 15:44:40:

Truly UN-fortunate, you never read the information posted,
many times, by many people.

Guess you will have to actualy look it up and study the 'Truth'.
Not listen to just what the he/she called tt says.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #9 - 10/15/18 at 04:19:41

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/14/18 at 13:15:12:
Did I mention
I missed you?

Missed you too, honey...  Kiss

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I'm ba-a-a-ck !  Cheesy

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 10/15/18 at 05:15:30

So, YES, the 2nd Amendment was written and approved for the very purpose of making sure no tyrannical government would strip the People of its rights.
No European ruler nor "democratic government" ever approved such an Amendment in Europe - just to show you how good you've got it.

That's a bingo!

There is no debate onthe original intent of the 2nd. Read the Federalist Papers written during the same period mostly by the same people.

Our issue today is we're too cowardly to address the reasons for gun crime in inner city neighborhoods. So when a white suburban mentally deranged shooter kills people, leftist jump on that because its easy. Limit the gun rights of all the people who do none of the damage....

My city, St Louis, was number 1 or 2 in murders last year. 212 I think was the number. The vast, vast majority all clustered in a few zip codes. There are 3.5 million people in St Louis metro which means probably 2 million guns or more in that same area. Yet because 200 used them in a crime, we're going to add restrictions on the rest?! Extrapolate that across the country.  Ok, lets do that to illegal immigrants. If I can document a small fraction of them are criminals, using the logic of gun control, are you okay with deporting all of them?

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 10/15/18 at 11:10:47

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/13/18 at 23:04:50:
It's not about hunting.

this video, nor the popular interpretation of the 2nd amendment up until the 2010 heller SC decision dispute that, that's why MILITIAS are important and mentioned by the founding fathers in the first part of the 2nd amendment you chose to leave off to spin your argument, even though it's where your argument ACTUALLY IS WRITTEN into the amendment

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 10/15/18 at 11:24:28

WebsterMark wrote on 10/15/18 at 05:15:30:

That's a bingo!

There is no debate onthe original intent of the 2nd. Read the Federalist Papers written during the same period mostly by the same people.

Our issue today is we're too cowardly to address the reasons for gun crime in inner city neighborhoods. So when a white suburban mentally deranged shooter kills people, leftist jump on that because its easy. Limit the gun rights of all the people who do none of the damage....

My city, St Louis, was number 1 or 2 in murders last year. 212 I think was the number. The vast, vast majority all clustered in a few zip codes. There are 3.5 million people in St Louis metro which means probably 2 million guns or more in that same area. Yet because 200 used them in a crime, we're going to add restrictions on the rest?! Extrapolate that across the country.  Ok, lets do that to illegal immigrants. If I can document a small fraction of them are criminals, using the logic of gun control, are you okay with deporting all of them?

and I bet you there's rampant access to guns there all over the place isn't there? I bet a lot of the times, the victim was armed  as well.  so, why isn't it safe there? everyone is freaking armed, there is plenty of out in the open visual evidence that people are armed, since people are getting shot all the time, hell, should be the safest neighborhood ever, isn't that the theory, if criminals know that people are likely to be carrying that they won't commit homicide? armed gangbangers shooting other armed gangbangers seems to disprove that theory huh?

oh, and your President and his supporters like Ann Coulter have used that logic on immigrants, hence the Build a WAlLL and getting rid of Chain migration and the other reforms the Republicans want to make on our immigration system

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 10/15/18 at 11:45:08

The poorest counties in Missouri have an extremely high gun ownership rate, yet have very low gun crime rates.

isn't that the theory, if criminals know that people are likely to be carrying that they won't commit homicide? armed gangbangers shooting other armed gangbangers seems to disprove that theory huh?

No. That's what you would refer to as willing combatants!  Both are criminals. Both are They are aware the other is likely armed. I'm sure that does in fact stop fights from time to time. The issue you are talking about is when an armed criminal is counting on his victim to NOT be armed. If there's a possibility a potential victim is armed, they are likely to look for another target.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 10/15/18 at 11:49:45

WebsterMark wrote on 10/15/18 at 11:45:08:
The poorest counties in Missouri have an extremely high gun ownership rate, yet have very low gun crime rates.

isn't that the theory, if criminals know that people are likely to be carrying that they won't commit homicide? armed gangbangers shooting other armed gangbangers seems to disprove that theory huh?

No. That's what you would refer to as willing combatants!  Both are criminals. Both are They are aware the other is likely armed. I'm sure that does in fact stop fights from time to time. The issue you are talking about is when an armed criminal is counting on his victim to NOT be armed. If there's a possibility a potential victim is armed, they are likely to look for another target.

See Also: Brasil.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/07/24 at 23:18:03

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › The Complete Moderate's Guide to Gun Control

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.