Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 
Send Topic Print
SUCHES GEORGIA TRIP 2.0 - REVISED June 4th to 9th (Read 977 times)
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Re: SUCHES GEORGIA TRIP 2.0 - REVISED June 4th to
Reply #120 - 06/11/18 at 12:15:12

Sorry I didn't offer a summary.  Got home yesterday and had to unload and unpack things, and took the opportunity to go ahead and wash the bike and change the oil before putting her up. Had house company as well so I didn't have too much free time.

I concur with Dave's and MM's assessment. There were a lot of good roads to get out on and have a good run at some twisties with some easy rolling hills in between for a mental break. As Dave and MM know, I am easy to please so as long as I am riding and not stuck behind a line of cars going 20mph, it's all good to me.

I'm happy with another trip to Suches or KSL. They both satisfy my needs, which are a place to potty and shower and a spot to sit in out of the rain if needed.  The issue with food isn't a big deal to me as I am not a foodie, and I bring snacks to get me going i the morning before we find a lunch spot or to snack on if for some reason we messed up and didn't find a good dinner spot before returning to camp.

If you want to find things to complain about, you can find that in anything you set your mind to.  I look forward to these trips for the fellowship and of course the riding, and as long as those two were present I just took it all in stride and enjoyed myself.

I will say that I was disappointed when I arrive to see Dave's and MM's camp set-up.  Their neighbors (pictured below) that were there for the dual sport ride did it right, and I fully expect this level of encampment on our next ride!   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IMG_20180609_180336.jpg

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #121 - 06/11/18 at 12:17:11

...our real camp  Wink

IMG_20180608_081842_panorama2.jpg

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #122 - 06/11/18 at 16:31:00

Roll Eyes

Free Covered Parking .

Stand - up in tent

Great location

Snore free inviroment

Specially designed fire ring

Nice neighboors

Smiles in every direction ya look

What more could a feller ask for ?  

O-yea  Fair rent prices ...   Dave do I owe ya any more rent ?  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #123 - 06/11/18 at 18:46:14

MMRanch wrote on 06/11/18 at 16:31:00:
Roll Eyes
Fair rent prices ...   Dave do I owe ya any more rent ?  

No...the owner offered you the 2 day discount for the lack of hot water - so I took your tent for Monday and Tuesday off the bill when I paid.

Most everyone who stayed at the place were a happy and talkative bunch.........sometimes it was hard to go anything quickly as I ended up talking to folks too long.

« Last Edit: 06/12/18 at 05:04:59 by Dave »  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #124 - 06/12/18 at 22:11:58

Good deal !  Wink

………………………….

I tried that light today with mixed results .   The white light part was nice but the fit didn't work out .   The  spring/arm was in the way of putting everything back together … so I put in a China LED H-4 that I had on hand and ordered one that has two sides/lights .   Yea , the top side burns 10watt for low and the top and bottom both burn (10+10) for high .    The one I had on hand is a cheapy - Series for low and parallel for high --- with the same light  pattern on both .   The high beam indicator buns dim and bright too !!!  Roll Eyes
It will be replaced soon enough !  Wink

I'll likely put the one I got from you in my truck and add another LED to the other side to have matching colors !   Unless you just want it back so you'll have a matching pair for your truck ?   either way is OK . Cool

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #125 - 06/14/18 at 07:11:53

So , my tires took a beating on the Suches Ride.   I suppect everybodys tires took a beating.   Grin
Those nice smooth sides on my then new rear tire are now "Buffed and Ruff" sides from being leaned over under high  pressure.
MY front tire has torn places in the rubber where the front carcass stood firm and the rubber ripped from the stresses involved.   It was about wore out anyway … so …

I ordered a front to match the rear .   The picture makes it look like a more round profile than it really is , its the same tire I've got on the front of my Savage and its really easy to like.    The "tread blocks are big enough that they don't flex and cup like some other tires I've seen. On that narrow rim they sure are pulled tight looking around the edges.  Smiley

AvonRoadRider.jpg

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #126 - 06/14/18 at 07:55:52

Yep.....we did dish out a pretty good tire beating on this trip.  It is hard not to when so many cool curves were available.  I knew my tires were at the end of their usable life - so I chose not to be kind to them.

You try the Avon Roadriders....and I will give the Michelin Pilot Sport Activ tires a test.  (I am starting to believe that almost any Sport Touring tire we use will have a 6-8 thousand mile life if we don't start slowing down for the curves.

X001-Y001.jpg

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #127 - 06/14/18 at 15:10:41

OHhhh

Those have nice big tread blocks too , I'll bet they'll be good !

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #128 - 06/22/18 at 06:46:34

My little trailer went back to Georgia this week!

I have a friend that is taking his Norton down to an event called British in the Blue Ridge.  The weather forecast was pretty crappy for the ride down and the ride back.......and spotty showers for the event.  So instead of he and his wife riding down - I offered them my trailer.  I called them last night and they said they had hit some very hard rain on the way, and the trailer turned out to be the right way to get there.

https://gabma.us/event/33rd-british-in-the-blue-ridge-rally-will-be-june-22-and-
23rd-2018/

I am sure glad we were able to find 6 dry days in a row!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/01/24 at 09:47:05

General CategoryThe Cafe › SUCHES GEORGIA TRIP 2.0 - REVISED June 4th to 9th

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.