Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print
Prayer Request -- Mike's Leg (Read 1396 times)
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Re: Prayer Request -- Mike's Leg
Reply #120 - 03/14/18 at 21:46:50

MMRanch wrote on 03/14/18 at 20:33:42:
I'm going to be SsssOoooo  glad to be back to normal !

Normal? Careful there soldier  Grin Grin

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #121 - 03/14/18 at 22:33:54

Your leg was WAY too swollen for you to be WALKING around OUTSIDE and cleaning your truck dude !!!
You may get bored just sitting in a recliner or laying in bed with your leg up but that IS EXACTLY what you need to do, not going outside and fiddling around.
Do you want to get well or not ? ?
If your child or wife had pneumonia but was bored and wanted to go party with friends or go out shopping, would you let them or demand they stay in bed and get well before doing something SO FOOLISH ?

People have lost legs or their life doing foolish things like that.

Stay put and read your Bible.  God has allowed this to happen for a reason.  What is that reason ?
I bet you that Jesus did not tell you to go out and clean your truck...did HE !

We want you around for a long time so take care of yourself, and when your flesh gets bored and wants to go tinker with something DO NOT GO, trust GOD instead and listen to HIM.

OK ?  OK.

I love you and you need to get well for the Texas ride, so behave.

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #122 - 03/15/18 at 08:44:56

MM, as I mentioned before I work for one of the best dermatologists in the USA. I asked him to look at your pictures and he agrees with the diagnosis of cellulitis and confirms that you need to take this very seriously. I told him you were seeing a second doctor today and he spoke quiet highly of military doctors so you should be in good hands. He said to listen to what your doctor tells you and follow his instructions. Other than that he said you need to take it easy, but not stay sitting or lying down all day. Ideally when you lie down you should elevate the foot at least 6 inches above your chest. And no I'm not talking about any weird yoga position. MM, please take care of yourself as this is a very serious condition.  We are praying for you.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #123 - 03/15/18 at 09:50:29

springman wrote on 03/15/18 at 08:44:56:
MM, as I mentioned before I work for one of the best dermatologists in the USA. I asked him to look at your pictures and he agrees with the diagnosis of cellulitis and confirms that you need to take this very seriously. I told him you were seeing a second doctor today and he spoke quiet highly of military doctors so you should be in good hands. He said to listen to what your doctor tells you and follow his instructions. Other than that he said you need to take it easy, but not stay sitting or lying down all day. Ideally when you lie down you should elevate the foot at least 6 inches above your chest. And no I'm not talking about any weird yoga position. MM, please take care of yourself as this is a very serious condition.  We are praying for you.

Good job buddy.....

Does you doc wanna see my face now  Grin

Note to be a thread jack, but Spring was very helpful early on in my skin cancer treatment.
Went to work yesterday, folks were great, it was great.....
I am now called Rhino Ray...HAHA, but that is only until Monday, then its all getting put back to where it came.

Mike, do as you are told, really man, pay close attention to this stuff bro.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #124 - 03/15/18 at 10:19:24

Rhino Ray is better than As$face ! Hope you are doing well too Squishy !
No pictures Please !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #125 - 03/15/18 at 10:34:50

The Prayer are working guys ... Keep it up !  Smiley

So , I started a new kind of med today (CLINDAMYCIN) 4 times a day X 10 days,   That should fix it !  Wink

Well , the Bike week thing didn't work , but Spring is here and our August trip is  LONG way off ... May , in Texas !  Yea !!!  Smiley

« Last Edit: 03/15/18 at 14:58:10 by MMRanch »  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #126 - 03/15/18 at 10:56:16

MMRanch wrote on 03/15/18 at 10:34:50:
The Prayer are working guys ... Keep it up !  Smiley

So , I started a new kind of med today (CLINDAMYCIN) 4 times a day X 15 days,   That should fix it !  Wink

Well , the Bike week thing didn't work , but Spring is here and our August trip is  LONG way off ... May , in Texas !  Yea !!!  Smiley

Chill dude, one day at a time, its nice to look to the future, but really Mike, focus on the present right now, you MUST take this serious....
Not trying to harp, just trying to get your attention  Kiss

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #127 - 03/15/18 at 15:16:38

Guys I couldn't agree with "Easy-going" more.     Detailing the dash area is all I did while listing to the radio.   Your prayers are not going to waste and I'm really grateful for them .    Thanks for the outpouring of support too .  Smiley

Thinking of some future rides together gives me a "lift" for lack of a better work.

I'm not in a good position to get a picture at them moment but just one day in with the new meds and the RED is not quite so Vivid  .... With  Good Prayers , Good recliner , and the right meds then I've got confidence in making the ride to Kerrville in a few weeks .   Wink

Ray your one of the ones on my prayer list too !

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #128 - 03/15/18 at 15:25:36

Wink      See, you gots lots of nanny wives out there ready to take care of you, dude.    
And I betcha they do leg checks on you each and every day on the trip to see if you are going backwards any at all due to pure tee stubbornness and with riding 8-10 hours a day .....
     Wink

Mike, you need to talk to your doctor about exactly what/which bacteria are doing this to you.   Staph and Strep are two of the most common causes of cellulitis but your doctor is now thinking about "other" forms of stuff and he is firing his antibiotics at a wider range of stuff.    Get the man to write down what you got (or he thinks you could possibly have).

Lancer and the other guys with various issues -- read what Mike has and talk to your own doc.   Mine told me to avoid being around someone with open sores or "current" cellulitis as my mechanical heart valve mounting site could pick up that active strep/staph stuff in a skinny minute.    

And he also told me if I get the flu or any other pneumonia type stuff to come in at once and be ready to stay a while as a good case of common strep or staff could do me in fairly easily.

READ, good info      https://www.medicinenet.com/clindamycin-oral/article.htm#what_is_clindamycin-...

These are not the usual sick and elderly people who die from influenza. But every year, flu carries away perfectly healthy young adults and children, and tens of thousands of people over 65.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/here-s-how-flu-virus-kills-some-pe...

How does flu kill, and why does it sometimes kill so quickly?

Doctors who study the body’s immune response say there are three main reasons: co-infection with another germ, usually bacteria such as strep; aggravation of existing conditions such as diabetes, heart disease and asthma; and a so-called cytokine storm, marked by an overwhelming immune system response to infection.

« Last Edit: 03/16/18 at 01:19:16 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #129 - 03/15/18 at 19:54:31

Yea , about what kind of bacteria ... My local Dr. Bob took a sample to do a culture on ... I'll call him Friday afternoon too see if he knows yet.   That link didn't work when I tried it but it may work later.  

The second link stated 50,000,000 people died ... thats a lot of folks.

« Last Edit: 03/15/18 at 21:18:37 by MMRanch »  

raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #130 - 03/16/18 at 09:38:13

MMRanch wrote on 03/15/18 at 15:16:38:
Ray your one of the ones on my prayer list too !

THANK YOU Mike........

Monday I have hopefully my last surgery on this issue.

I lovely accept ALL intervention to a HIGHER power, for mine, and my loved ones, behalf  Smiley

God speed to you Mike, believe, and we are half way to miracles already  Cheesy

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #131 - 03/16/18 at 16:46:45

stewmills wrote on 03/14/18 at 21:46:50:

Normal? Careful there soldier  Grin Grin

Grin Grin Grin

Normal?... really?... Undecided

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #132 - 03/16/18 at 22:23:45

Yea , you  know --- ridding every day even if some of them are between rain showers , some of them being only in the afternoon warm periods , and making up reasons to go "Ridding" around a county block . Smiley

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #133 - 03/17/18 at 04:38:33

Do "normal" folks go riding with us? Huh

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #134 - 03/17/18 at 07:29:13

Dave wrote on 03/17/18 at 04:38:33:

Do "normal" folks go riding with us? Huh

Excellent point !

Wouldn't want to give us a bad name now that we have worked so hard to craft our #@*^% image.   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/26/24 at 03:21:54

General CategoryThe Cafe › Prayer Request -- Mike's Leg

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.