Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print
Prayer Request -- Mike's Leg (Read 1396 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Prayer Request -- Mike's Leg
Reply #135 - 03/17/18 at 21:30:23

I'm afraid our IMAGE we leave most people with is : A tail light disappearing around the next curve ...  Grin

Our Texas Image is : Somewhat more "Layed Back" ...  Wink    And that's alright !

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #136 - 03/19/18 at 19:30:46

Got any update Dr. info and any new leg pics for us, Mike?

We can ask the Almighty to look in on you but us not knowing what's up hinders any more specific prayer.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #137 - 03/21/18 at 10:58:01

I can't thank you fellers enough for the prayers .   The ankle was swelled up with the lower leg and it's keeping me from getting around much.   There were an old pair of crutches in the shed I've been using to get back and forth to the bathroom with .    Well now that the swelling has gone down I'm getting back and forth with only a cane.  

That old saying about : "ya don't know what ya got till its gone" is so true .  So my Dr. is going to set me up with a second round of the 10 day CLINDAMYCIN HCL  just to make sure it gone !

I'm just laying around the house waiting on skin to grow back over it . Embarrassed
« Last Edit: 03/21/18 at 20:31:22 by MMRanch »  

IMG_20180320_161157.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #138 - 03/21/18 at 11:59:23

Glad it is getting better. Please just continue to pay attention to whatever the doc says.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #139 - 03/21/18 at 13:30:38

That looks better, not so angry anymore.....

Sorta like my face  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #140 - 03/21/18 at 15:37:40

Michael, was that the "flesh eating bacteria" you had ?

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #141 - 03/21/18 at 15:46:24

Is it my imagination, or has it just slowly progressed around to center on the back side of your leg?   The scab portion has grown and moved as the raw part went on around your leg .....

I will also pray that you be granted an EXTRA portion of patience and wisdom as if it itches as it begins to recede the temptation to pick at it or scratch at it would increase.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #142 - 03/21/18 at 20:50:46

Is it my imagination, or has it just slowly progressed around to center on the back side of your leg  

Nope , it was almost all the way around and now there is the big spot in the back-outside part and a little spot (1/2 dollar) on the inside part.

It does itch --- and is pealing like sunburn does .  I've got some 4% Lidocaine HCI Topical Anesthetic that makes the itch go-a-way .   And  with every pealing cycle it gets Smaller and Smaller and Smaller .   Smiley  
I'm thinking of just putting a bottle of the Lidocaine HCI in the glove-box of all my vehicles including the bikes.
I'm thinking in a month it will just be a memory .

But that don't mean I don't need all the Prayer I can get !   Roll Eyes

youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #143 - 03/22/18 at 04:30:00

Yeah, I know what that feels like.
Three different trips to the clinic, three different doctors, three different diagnosis.   That is why they .. practice.
Knocked it out with antibiotics.

Hope you heal up well, and completely!!!

20170707_165056.jpg

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #144 - 03/22/18 at 20:21:50

HAY !

That look like something I know a lot about .   Did your Dr. call it "cellulitis" ?

YouzGuyz please tell me "That's an old picture"

That .4% Lidocaine HCI Topical Anesthetic makes the itch go-a-way in the day time .
but
I've been putting a no stick bandage on it before going to sleep , because you know its going to itch.

So , Lancer called it " Flesh eatting bacteria " , if that's true then we must have serived a Zombie attack   ?

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #145 - 03/22/18 at 20:55:32

MMRanch wrote on 03/22/18 at 20:21:50:
HAY !

So , Lancer called it " Flesh eating bacteria " , if that's true then we must have survived a Zombie attack   ?

Is that one of the thrill features of the Twisted Sister Run ????    Zombie leg attacks ????

Huh

A low moaning sound is coming from the cabin  as Neil and MM mutter in unison  -----  

" b-b-b-b-b-b-brains .......   b-b-b-b-b-b-brains .......  b-b-b-b-b-b-brains .......  b-b-b-b-b-b-brains ......."

Lancer responds from a deep sleep ......

" b-b-b-b-b-b-bigger jets,   more power .......     b-b-b-b-b-b-bigger piston,  more power .......
 b-b-b-b-b-b-brains .......      b-b-b-b-b-b-bigger compresson,   more power .......    b-b-b-b-b-b-brains .......     h-h-h-h-h-hotter cam,  more power .....    
b-b-b-b-b-b-brains ....... "
« Last Edit: 06/01/18 at 05:03:59 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

2_002.PNG

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #146 - 03/23/18 at 02:41:37

MMRanch wrote on 03/22/18 at 20:21:50:
HAY !

That look like something I know a lot about .   Did your Dr. call it "cellulitis" ?

YouzGuyz please tell me "That's an old picture"

That .4% Lidocaine HCI Topical Anesthetic makes the itch go-a-way in the day time .
but
I've been putting a no stick bandage on it before going to sleep , because you know its going to itch.

So , Lancer called it " Flesh eatting bacteria " , if that's true then we must have serived a Zombie attack   ?

Cellulitis was one of the things it was called.. which is a global term for "we think you have a skin infection, we don't know what caused it, we don't know what kind of bugs are in there, we think they may be zombie related"
It was also called sepsis (blood infection)
It was also called an infected bug/snake/bear/armadillo/zombie bite.. which would manifest as cellulitis or sepsis.
Not near as nasty as yours.  Shocked

This was last July.. just after the 4th.

Like you, I was crippled for a while.  Crutches then cane.  Swelling in my ankle/foot and knee (but no redness there).  Total screaming agony when I first stood up.. then hobble a few steps.. then OK.  Weird.
Mine never really itched very much.
Were you nauseated the day before the leg started looking weird?
I was.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #147 - 03/23/18 at 20:01:10

Were you nauseated the day before the leg started looking weird?
I was  

OoooYaaa

March 1st 102 deg fever
         2 + 3 rd104 deg. fever , passing out and dizziness    
Then on the 3rd + 4th  Redness and Swelling starts and I head to the urgent care center .

On the 4th I started the first 10 day round of meds , and have two more 10 day rounds to finish as it stands now.  
The first time this happened was 13 years ago and it set me on the road to medical retirement (all day walking on concrete).

Good new is :  I walked around the house a little today with no crutches , cane , or anything but going slow !  Smiley

It ain't nothing to take lightly .

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 01:51:41

General CategoryThe Cafe › Prayer Request -- Mike's Leg

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.