Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 25
Send Topic Print
Savage Events for 2018 and other ramblings. (Read 3593 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Savage Events for 2018
Reply #60 - 12/18/17 at 20:11:55

My tent (8x10x72") sleeps two easy , but it sleeps 6 sardines style.

Those Teepees look nice also , wonder how many they sleep and if they secure up for the day.  
But
Those camping cabins would be great to get !   I've got a military ID. and I'll bet Lancer does too.  

If :   you
      me
      Lancer
      Springman
      OldFeller
      SALB
all want to go , I'll have my tent for back up .  Wink

From Lancer's it 783 miles to Cody SD.  , If everybody rides we might take two days to transverse it .  

http://www.cityofaurora.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=76&I...

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Double+Nickel+Campground&filters=ufn%3a%22Doubl...

https://www.bing.com/maps?&ty=18&q=Mormon%20Island%20State%20Recreation%20Are...

I'll do the 644 miles from my house to Lancers in one day ,
or
go down the Natchez Trace and spend two days getting to SpringMan's then ride up to Lancers with him.
Its like 750 miles from SpringMan to my house.   To do that many miles in one day it would be nice to have a big fuel tank.

« Last Edit: 12/19/17 at 19:48:32 by MMRanch »  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #61 - 12/19/17 at 07:27:05

The teepees sleep 2.
some of us need electricity.

WWW   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #62 - 12/19/17 at 08:26:17

From my house to Lancer's is about 450 miles. I am not as butt hardened as MM but I can do the 450 in one day. And MM you know you are welcome over at my house any time.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #63 - 12/19/17 at 08:28:50

Oh, I am thinking this a 10 day trip minimum. One day to Lancer's. Two days to Cody 4 days minimum for just riding and exploring and 3 days to get back.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #64 - 12/19/17 at 11:51:44

Oh, I am thinking this a 10 day trip minimum. One day to Lancer's. Two days to Cody 4 days minimum for just riding and exploring and 3 days to get back.  

That's what I'm thinking too SpringMan , except I'm adding 4 more days to it  Smiley

I'm not sure I can do both : The south Texas and the Cody SD rides.  That would be a lot of leaving the wife to cook for her self.  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #65 - 12/19/17 at 12:25:17

MMRanch wrote on 12/19/17 at 11:51:44:
I'm not sure I can do both : The south Texas and the Cody SD rides.  That would be a lot of leaving the wife to cook for her self.  

Yes - but she is a pretty good cook.....and maybe she can find an assistant cook while you are away!   Wink

OR------maybe you need a "we" bike that is suitable for traveling across several states riding double!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #66 - 12/19/17 at 12:56:14

MMRanch wrote on 12/19/17 at 11:51:44:

That's what I'm thinking too SpringMan , except I'm adding 4 more days to it  Smiley

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.  It'll do her good to remember why she puts up with you.

Besides, we need 4 in the cabin to make it right.

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #67 - 12/19/17 at 17:38:16

Let's see :   Versey , M&M , SpringMan , Lancer ... If we have more we could get a teepee or put up a tent .   I need to bring a tent just for "if nothing else works" anyway.  

Dave , if I thought she would go on long bike rides I'd make ya a counter offer on that Honda  Wink  .   Fact is : If she goes very far it will be the bike in the back of the truck for fun when we get there.   She might be OK with Suches Ga. on the bike ,  if there is a cabin or motel involved.

MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #68 - 12/19/17 at 19:54:59

I cam across a camp site w/electric for Lancer , about 1/2 way from HenneryEtta to Cody - for only $20.oo night .  Smiley

https://www.bing.com/maps?&ty=18&q=Mormon%20Island%20State%20Recreation%20Are...

springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #69 - 12/19/17 at 20:05:14

Like Versy said, absence makes the heart frow fonder. And you know that with Neal leading the rides in the hill country, you're going to have an adventure every day.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #70 - 12/19/17 at 20:26:48

SpringMan , have ya'll set a date for going to South Texas yet ?  

So , Neal is playing tour guide again .  

springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #71 - 12/20/17 at 08:53:33

MM, I do not see that a date has been set yet for the Texas Hill Country. I see that Neal is listed as one of the participants so I am just assuming he will lead us or at least give us some routes we can take. I have to admit that I really enjoy the Hill Country rides.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #72 - 12/20/17 at 10:02:56

He's given us an open invitation in the past.
If he has any conflicts, I hope he'll let us know.

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #73 - 12/20/17 at 10:21:42

I've still got youzguyz phone # , if need be.   I hope he is alright .  

springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #74 - 12/20/17 at 11:47:51

I see Neal's facebook posts all the time so I would venture to guess he is doing fine. He post's pictures of the military processions that he takes part in. And usually has a picture of his bike with some beautiful, tranquil scenery in the background. If lived in San Antonio or even Austin, I would try to meet up with him as much as possible on the weekends.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 25
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/02/24 at 09:50:28

General CategoryThe Cafe › Savage Events for 2018 and other ramblings.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.