Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 25
Send Topic Print
Savage Events for 2018 and other ramblings. (Read 3593 times)
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Savage Events for 2018
Reply #30 - 12/12/17 at 18:24:25

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 12/12/17 at 16:30:05:
MM, that's your cue .......

I am not sure why there needs to be a "farm" trip - the Kick Stand Lodge, Two Wheels of Suches, Blue Ridge Motorcycle campground all offer good affordable places to stay, showers, nearby places to get food when the campground isn't serving and great places to ride......and at the Kickstand we likely could use the grill if we wanted to cook a breakfast.  The only think lacking at the campground is the ability to go shooting off the back porch.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #31 - 12/12/17 at 23:53:36

We can figure out something fun somewhere for 2018.

MM's is fun.

So are KSL and Two Wheels.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #32 - 12/13/17 at 03:17:58

For me, MM's is much more affordable and easier to get to.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #33 - 12/13/17 at 07:14:49

Yes, it is closer to most of the folks and has more stuff to do (classical shoot and scoot stuff).

This time I cannot be stopped from coming by my somewhat abrupt and uncaring ex-bosses, either.

May come in a day early to get the guns sighted back in correctly for the tilt angle and distances to be covered.   Folks plinking should hit what they are shooting at .....

Will only bring mild plinking ammo, since the hot stuff tends to hurt people's eyebrows when they try to crawl inside the scope bell and get all surprised that the triggers are somewhat lighter than they are used to.  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #34 - 12/13/17 at 09:52:03

You fellers get them bikes ready to ride this winter and hopefully we can actually find the Natchez Trace this year .  

I remember this is the Savage Site , but feel free to bring what ever bike ya want to.  Cool   I should have the Harley sold by time dry summer weather has sets in and be ridding the S-40 90+% of the time.  

That sports  "R"  tire on the guzzi only has a little over 3,000 miles on it and is noticeable worn ... (sports Demon) , it's looking like 6000 miles will have it looking kin to an onion ...  and I almost NEVER use the rear break .   That rear  tire is going to be gone too fast anyway  Grin .     The tires on my S-40 (commander II R + 888 F) seem like they are going to last forever.  Smiley  , Front break only on it too.  Wink especially now with that dual piston caliper Dave sent me !  It will almost do a Stop-ie  Roll Eyes

I'm sorta thinking of going to the :  http://www.valhalla-mc.com/

camp ground on the 20-22 of  April .    and since its almost 1/2 way to South Texas anyway ... go on the Kerryville from there .

So how about (weather permiting) starting the Kerryville camping cabin on the Monday 23rd April ?  

If its a Rainy April ... I'm OK with up to - the middle of May too .  By the last of May Texas may be hot and I need to cut hay about the last of May also.  

Right after I cut hay would be a good time to be throwing lead at the targets up on the hillside hay field too.   Wink   I could wait till the first part of June to cut hay if the weather (or my schule)  don't coroperate .

I want to go to Suches Ga. at least once.
The Dragon area a couple times.
The Long Ride on the Natchez Trace.

I'd like to do a ride to the Black-Hill area , but ... dang ... its a long way.   Maybe , in August right after the Surges Rally ???  
If I went to Lancer's on day one ... It seems like we should have a Savage friendly place to end day two at.   Then the Black Hills (finally) on day three .   Ride the area for four days and then three days back home.    My wife may forget what I look like !!!  
 six   Ten days on the road but I'm going to make it home tonight !  Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #35 - 12/13/17 at 11:52:56

April/May for the Texas Hill Country sounds good to me. If you get started on the 20th of April I may only be able to join you until the 26th, but a few days riding is better than none.

August for the Black Hills sounds doable to me.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #36 - 12/13/17 at 13:22:09

MMRanch wrote on 12/13/17 at 09:52:03:
I'd like to do a ride to the Black-Hill area , but ... dang ... its a long way.   Maybe , in August right after the Surges Rally ???  

Seems to me, since this was never done before, someone needs to open up a new thread and plan this out so other people will know what they're gettin' in to.  (hint, hint, nudge, nudge)

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #37 - 12/13/17 at 20:08:08

Seems to me, since this was never done before, someone needs to open up a new thread and plan this out so other people will know what they're gettin' in to.  (hint, hint, nudge, nudge)  

August is a long way off ,  Huh   at least for a while ...  Grin

So who lives half way between  southern Oaklahoma and  western SD. Black Hills area. ?

I guess we could get lodging from the State welcome centers Motel guides and or BillBoards.  But it would be more Fun to stay with fellow Savages !

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #38 - 12/14/17 at 04:14:47

MMRanch wrote on 12/13/17 at 20:08:08:
So who lives half way between  southern Oaklahoma and  western SD. Black Hills area ?

The route I would take from northern Kentucky is far north of Oklahoma, and it would likely double my travel time to go that far south along the way.

When I did a Mapquest search on this a while back - our routes didn't cross until Omaha - which is 12 hours into a 20 hour trip for you....about 11 hours for me.  My experience with Mapquest is that those travel times don't provide for any stops - so the trip most likely would be a 3 day affair on a bike that has to stop for fuel every 100 miles (you may be able to go a little farther with your new tank, my Honda can go about 250 miles).  That route is all interstate travel.

I don't believe I am going to be a participant - but if I did I would likely haul the bike out on a trailer and perhaps bring Deb.  We could make good time traveling in the car, then unload the bike and ride the fun stuff.

A trip to Suches GA could occur in very late April.....if done at that time of year the weather "can" be 50 degree nights and 70 degree days - but it can also be 20 degrees colder.  The weather would definitely create a go/no go situation.  The middle of May is consistently warmer....I have not yet found a listing of the rain chances for those months to know if the weather is wet or dry.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #39 - 12/15/17 at 00:06:07

Next time I see an Almanac I'll bring it home with me , and then see if the long dry spell in Texas is the same time as the long dry warm spell in Suches  .  

Dave , that Ride-Report you did from Suches has me dueling  Tongue  Smiley
I'm thing that ride might finish off the original Guzzi rear tire.

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #40 - 12/15/17 at 04:16:57

It appears that the Suches weather becomes suitable after mid May, when night time temperatures are consistently above 50.  There could be a weekend that is above normal - we won't know that until a few days before - but a trip could be arranged with little warning if the weather allows.

The dry weather for Suches seems to be pretty consistent between May through September.  I don't believe the afternoon pop up showers are quite as consistent as they are in the Blue Ridge mountains - however summer heat can create those storms just about anywhere.

Two Wheels of Suches has what appears to be a Suzuki VX800 rally on the May 18 weekend - no other weekend in May has a special event scheduled.
http://twowheelsofsuches.com/

I suggest we just watch the weather as May 2018 approaches....and also watch what you fellows are doing about rides to TX, LA, FL, etc.  The Suches trip can occur anytime this spring/summer that weather allows.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #41 - 12/15/17 at 05:00:42

May 18th, a Barcalounger Congregation.  A Barcalounger is just a Savage 400 sporting an extra jug after all.   Suzuki all the way .....

In any case, I would certainly blend right in with the crowd .....       Grin

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
piedmontbuckeye

Go Bucks!

Easley, SC
Reply #42 - 12/15/17 at 06:56:18

I would be interested in riding to some of these events if in riding distance from SC.

Will these events be published somewhere by date and location when finalized?

Thanks!

"The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #43 - 12/15/17 at 07:14:51

Not by me, someone else can keep a list for this year.

Folks show up for MM and Dave events and the weather is beautiful, mine always get rained out ......

« Last Edit: 12/15/17 at 19:54:17 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #44 - 12/15/17 at 07:36:32

piedmontbuckeye wrote on 12/15/17 at 06:56:18:
I would be interested in riding to some of these events if in riding distance from SC.

Will these events be published somewhere by date and location when finalized?

Thanks!

That's the intent of this thread once a list is hashed out.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 25
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 09:49:47

General CategoryThe Cafe › Savage Events for 2018 and other ramblings.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.