Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 25
Send Topic Print
Savage Events for 2018 and other ramblings. (Read 3593 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Savage Events for 2018
Reply #195 - 02/03/18 at 09:29:58

Undecided

Well , maybe there will be a KTM 690 Enduro there .    If KTM company shows up ... I might have to wait in line twice !    Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #196 - 02/03/18 at 10:23:11

That "Life 360" app is a good idea .    If we had of had one of those on my Nephew JED's phone we could have snuck-up-on him that day he RUNNOFT !  Grin

It might be a good idea if all us Savages had that app !  Cool  , especially those of us that go places !    I mean it could be really handy if one person takes off and leaves everybody and then hides around a corner to get behind and pass every body again !   Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #197 - 02/03/18 at 13:09:58

...... and again, and again and again .......

Grin

But now I am old and all civilized (and I would turn my phone off if I were hiding so as to bushwack you better).

Best one ever was Serenity, "Has anybody seen Oldfeller? Where did he get off to ?"    And the whole time I was sitting about a foot off his license plate in his blind spot directly behind him.

Smiley Smiley

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #198 - 02/04/18 at 14:09:42

Well , in Florida it should be easy to just putt , putt around .  
Those "G" forces of swinging around a swift curve just ain't there ... maybe I should mount a radio on the bike to make sight seeing more relaxing .

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #199 - 02/04/18 at 14:29:29

Your Android phone picks up FM, that and some decent ear buds will fix you right up.

I bet your helmet system does the same sort of thing ......

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #200 - 02/04/18 at 20:16:51

Your Android phone picks up FM, that and some decent ear buds will fix you right up.

I'd never knew that ...

How does the data work out for that ?

I have a Bluetooth radio if I can figure out how to mount it  ?

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #201 - 02/04/18 at 20:35:52

FM is built into all Qualcomm Chipsets, it is a little bitty separate radio function inside the ARM cpu.

If your unit doesn't unlock it by default, try an android app from the play store.

All phones have radio reception capability (they call it the other half of cell phone service).

No data usage is required.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #202 - 02/05/18 at 03:21:14

MMRanch wrote on 02/04/18 at 14:09:42:
Well , in Florida it should be easy to just putt , putt around .  
Those "G" forces of swinging around a swift curve just ain't there ..

If they are down there for bike week.....maybe the "Wall of Death" guys will let you run some laps around their big barrel. Wink

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #203 - 02/05/18 at 07:53:11

the "Wall of Death"  

Dave , I can picture you inside that ball with that Orange/Checkered bike and matching helmet doing circles about halfway wound-out in 1st gear and just grinning ear-to-ear !!!   Grin

Maybe , you should go with us ???

Huh

« Last Edit: 02/06/18 at 08:55:36 by MMRanch »  

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #204 - 02/06/18 at 08:35:28

MM, I went looking for the Barrel of Death and the free Ride New Bikes at the Speedway and I did not find the Barrel of Death anywhere -- but I did find the ride a bike blurb.

Demo Rides

Stop by the “World Center of Racing” at the Speedway and take a spin on the newest rides in the FREE demo ride area. Free demo rides will be available along the Midway from top manufacturers like Indian, Slingshot, Yamaha, Suzuki, and Harley-Davidson! If you would like to ride newest models and exclusive rides, you’ll need to bring a valid motorcycle driver license and DOT-approved helmet.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #205 - 02/06/18 at 10:10:46

OK, it is over 65 degrees warm today, so today I go gas the bike up and begin to pack it, taking this activity intentionally very slowly with the intent to not leave a bunch of expensive stuff stored in the tent when we are gone.

If we charge our electronic stuff off of our bikes and carry our electronics with us on our bodies, the most expensive stuff left in camp will be a camp chair, an axe and air bed/sleeping bag (and the tent, of course).

Also, our bikes should not carry a bunch of stuff either, as robbing your saddlebags is all a part of the local charm of Bike Week.   (biker looking guy opens a saddle bag, goes into it, pulls something out all while chatting with his beer toting buddy --- problem is that it ain't you and the other guy ain't yer buddy either (he is a cop spotter/lookout)

Not much room for more than one change of clothes, so we will have to visit a laundromat occasionally during the week (or else rig a clothesline off of some nearby trees and wash some of our stuff in the bathroom sink).

Mike, does one of your bags lock?

« Last Edit: 02/07/18 at 19:26:43 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #206 - 02/06/18 at 13:06:59

Just to check,,, you guys are coming in March, not Feb,,, right?

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #207 - 02/06/18 at 13:56:00

Hit the Jacksonville level Thursday March 8th, drop down to Daytona area on Friday March 9th for opening day events and the ride a bike on the speedway dealie-bops.   Likely to hang over one night at Daytona as Mike is gonna whimper kinda hard if he doesn't get to see event XX and event YY which are both scheduled for Saturday.  And lets not forget event ZZ which runs all day Sunday ......

If Mike can get somebody else to stay with him at his Daytona campground, he might stay a day or so later at Daytona and I might just drift on down to Depuis just to get away from all the noisy Hurley Burley mess.   Ed L lives near Daytona, so he might be Mike's salvation on hanging out in Daytona for a bit thing.  Mike needs to get up with Ed and get whatever thoughts they have together all jelled together tight.

BadWolf, I have PM'd you to get your cell phone number and address so we can meet up near where you are whenever the time comes.    Mike can find me anywhere we go as he's got my dot on this Life360 app.   And now so do you -- Ed L likewise.   Remember to get the app on your phone and use the code before the 3 days expire, elsewise ask me for a new code (they are easy enough to do).  

Once you are in group you don't have to mess with codes any further and you remain in group until you chose to leave (or you dump the app, that works too).

I think we are gonna like that Life360 app as it makes so many things easy that we flat couldn't do before.

Example:   we never figured out how to join up on the move before, ever.    Now, a joiner person could sit in a burger joint on the interstate, watch the dots approach and be waiting for them on an on ramp and nobody would even have to stop.    Magic.

« Last Edit: 02/06/18 at 17:25:13 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #208 - 02/06/18 at 18:07:52

event XX and event YY which are both scheduled for Saturday.  And lets not forget event ZZ which runs all day Sunday ..    

I haven't seen a list  of events yet ,

Do I need to reserve a camp spot in Daytona area ?
I kind of thought we were going to go from north Florida the 9th , then return to Daytona for a day-ride thing .    
I'm not even sure I can still get a camp spot ... but if we might need one I better get it lined up !

If I bring the Guzzi , then they all lock (hard bags) .    I've had thoughts of bring the  Savage.    I took the windshield and trunk off the Harley for selling it.  

« Last Edit: 02/06/18 at 19:48:10 by MMRanch »  

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #209 - 02/07/18 at 04:46:40

MM,

I don't see anything I want to go back to Daytona over, really.   KTM is not doing the bike trial thing and I am not into bike shopping right now anyway.

I was offering you a way to break off and go play with Ed L. if that is what you two decided to do, but to be blunt he doesn't seem to be responding for much at the moment.

There are gun shops in Daytona, a bunch of them.    I can kill some time if need be.    Bet those are some more crowded gun shops though ......

https://www.google.com/search?q=gun%20stores%20in%20daytona%20florida&oq=gun+...

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 25
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/02/24 at 14:16:30

General CategoryThe Cafe › Savage Events for 2018 and other ramblings.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.