Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 25
Send Topic Print
Savage Events for 2018 and other ramblings. (Read 3593 times)
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Re: Savage Events for 2018
Reply #225 - 02/08/18 at 18:18:19

Dave, If you were wimpy enough to ride in the sunshine all the time, we would not have mutiny-ed on you!!! That sky was BLACK!!!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #226 - 02/08/18 at 19:41:02

I'll be working on my Rain-Gear.   I found a Frogg jacket I liked in Bass-Pro-Shop today , it was $59.99 but I liked it enough to  pay that much.    
so
The "Large" was too small
The "X-Large" was too small
The "XX-Large" was way, way, to big ????   Huh

I'll check at  "Cycle Gear".

OldFeller , what was water-proofing you found that is Better and more Economical that Scotch-Guard ???

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #227 - 02/08/18 at 19:52:50

Last spring I was the one saying we would still go on the cabin trip, right up until the flood warnings were posted and they started shutting down the low lying roads for flooding.    On that cabin trip the campground cancellation charges were $70 out the window, so this year I vowed we wouldn't lay any money down until we knew what the weather was going to be (and we wouldn't trust weathermen near as much).

And indeed, we didn't --- MM simply chose to plunk down $45 at risk which is a choice he made knowing what he was doing.

Now I am doing some research on how warm you can stay while wearing a rain suit while camping in the rain.   So far I think the net issue is overheating, not with staying warm enough.

New thoughts are that I can put up or take down a one man tent quicker than I can put on or take off a full rain suit with foot covers     Wink     and guess what, it will need to come off and go on often enough in a week to likely wear out or rip the seams on the crotch and arms.    I will bring some duct tape .....

The camp chair will get used a lot because unless MM and I are doing each other's foot covers you simply have to sit down to put your foot covers on.

Next, I am going to carry a big golf umbrella for when we are out walking around Bike Week.  If we get rained on then, big deal.   Go under a pavillion for a bit and eyeball something.  Keep an eyeglass cleaning cloth or two on your person -- my glasses fog up a lot in the rain.

My right bag is totally packed up by a rain suit bag and I am working on slimming down the left bag by leaving off the road rash kit and spare footpegs as I don't think there are any curves to speak of in Florida and EMS is going to be available everywhere we are going to be.   The saddle bags are waterproof and I am looking for lockable straps to add to the bags.

Now I am working on the Gym Bag load of stuff that goes into the tent with me.   Much less toiletries (a zip lock full and that's it) and much fewer clothes (I will wash stuff in the sink every few days).

« Last Edit: 02/10/18 at 06:51:14 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #228 - 02/08/18 at 19:54:16

For tents it was a simple quart bottle of silicone oil spray tire shine (which was very available back then but is kinda rare right now)    You can still find it, but ya gotta LOOK for it.

READ the contents, most tire shine isn't simple heavy silicone oil any more.

Unscrew it and sniff it before you buy it --- avoid stuff that smells bad.

« Last Edit: 02/09/18 at 12:18:39 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #229 - 02/09/18 at 06:59:51

I'm thinking , my old Frogg jacket over one of these : https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/bilt-tornado-rain-jacket

and I did find some procetiction for Luggage . :  https://www.cyclegear.com/accessories/tour-master-rain-cover-for-cruiser-iii-...

Looks like I'm going to "Cycle Gear" !   Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #230 - 02/09/18 at 12:16:38

Somebody catch Dave when he faints .....   Today I Washed and Waxed and Chrome Polished the Barcalounger.    

I left the wheels for later once the Barcalounger is back up on the lift as my back ain't up to that much "crouch over real low".

Wink    My back likes a bike in neutral, wheels free spinning in the air up at waist height for any form of detailed wheel and spoke cleaning.

My oversleeve for the gym bag is a white kitchen sized trash bag and my cover for the sleeping bag is the ground cloth rolled around it multiple times and folded under at the ends.

« Last Edit: 02/09/18 at 20:38:48 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #231 - 02/09/18 at 13:42:29

Today I Washed and Waxed and Chrome Polished the Barcalounger.    

Never mind Dave --- I want to know "How to get into the line yur bike was in !   Grin

The more I think about it  , the more I'm inclined to bring the Savage ...

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #232 - 02/09/18 at 18:34:06

I am not going to faint.......the annual and bi-annual wash is expected (sometimes it is Stewmills and I doing the washing).

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #233 - 02/10/18 at 05:33:39

https://www.bloombergquint.com/business/2018/02/09/flu-caused-1-in-10-america...

Flu Is Causing 1 in 10 American Deaths and Climbing

Along with the pneumonia it spawns, this year’s epidemic may be killing 4,000 people every week.

February 9, 2018, 1:54 PM EST Updated on February 9, 2018, 4:53 PM EST

The flu vaccine that was given out this fall for free may have not really hit the exact version of flu virus that is running around at the moment.    You are always inoculated for last year's flu bug (that's what they know about after all) but this fall's vaccine was pretty much a miss for the current bug according to the experts.  

If you get the flu go in early --- your wife will thank you for doing that for her.    Otherwise, you can be dead inside a week if you do get the bad stuff.

« Last Edit: 02/11/18 at 12:30:30 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #234 - 02/10/18 at 10:05:44

OldFeller  

you thinking it might be healthier to "Trailer , to Bike Week" ?    We could leave you car and trailer in North Fl. WalMart parking lot and no one would know unless they seen ya on the SuperSlab on the way there  !   Wink

OR

If its going to "Really" be Rainny ... you could Trailer to my house and we could put both bikes in the back of my truck (ext cab) 20mpg-ish ... and just keep the Truck with us the entire time ... (You got-to split the Fuel) .   Roll Eyes

I have two ramps , one to walk on and one for the bike to roll on.  Smiley

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #235 - 02/10/18 at 11:39:33

I dunno -- ask me about March the 2nd as that is the time when Punxsutawney Phil crawls out of his burrow again (or not) to check again for his final shadow  forecast  .....  death by pneumonia .....   to take place at this year's Bike week.

(ain't he cute in his little grim reaper costume)

..... hey, that's also when the real "fully accurate" weather forecast is available too.

« Last Edit: 02/10/18 at 13:54:26 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #236 - 02/10/18 at 14:17:42

..... hey, that's also when the real "fully accurate" weather forecast is available too.  

OK    

I'd like to bring the Guzzi , but there is not enough "Tire-Life" to go there and back and ride all over Florida too ! .   (Dern-Demon-short-Life tire)   Angry

I've got the new one in my Living-Room where I can "amire" it till time to put it on !   Smiley  Avon Road-Rider (15,000 ish mile tire).

« Last Edit: 02/10/18 at 21:50:58 by MMRanch »  

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #237 - 02/11/18 at 12:16:56

I found a stainless latch system that can secure my bags, which really isn't as easy as it sounds.

It comes from the marine world and is used to pull items closed under a little tension and it is called "the rattle-free latch system" because it is.

It can also work if the two items do not line up exactly evenly in space as it can span the mismatch up/down without getting indigestion.   Once toggled, a standard padlock will run through the hasp and be supported away from the bag.  

I only see the padlock coming out when the bike is parked and left for a bit at a place where I don't want people who commonly carry strap cutting sharp knives to be instantly rummaging around in my stuff.  

Strap locks really don't slow Bike Week thieves up for very much .....   I want them to have to go get the big bolt cutters out of their car and spend a little time and effort to rob me.    Or else have to saw a goodly chunk of the side of the bag lid off .....

Looks good, polished stainless steel sitting on glossy black bags.   Looks strong as shite too.

« Last Edit: 02/11/18 at 14:18:09 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

IMG_20180211_150447.jpg

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #238 - 02/11/18 at 14:07:26

https://www.amazon.com/Federal-SS657-All-Season-Radial-Tire/dp/B013T7592Y/ref...

Here is my next rear tire ......    $43 shipped by Amazon

I sincerely doubt that I will live long enough to wear one of these little tires out.    It is a 155/80r15 so it will fit more easily in the Barcalounger wheel well and swing arm form without rubbing on stuff  (shorter height, smaller form).

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #239 - 02/11/18 at 16:08:10

I've got a 155/60-15 you can have ... If you have mag wheels to put it on.   Its bran new and only two years old , I couldn't get a tube in it .  Embarrassed

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 25
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 05:12:01

General CategoryThe Cafe › Savage Events for 2018 and other ramblings.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.