Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 25
Send Topic Print
Savage Events for 2018 and other ramblings. (Read 3593 times)
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Savage Events for 2018
Reply #180 - 01/29/18 at 23:05:43

(all mods except BIG piston and carb change have been done, but do not show)

Come now Kelly, take the plunge and get the other "2 out of 3" primary mod's done, the BIG piston and VM carb.  
Heck, you could even get one of the 94mm Wiseco's and make it really easy on your self.
You know you will like it.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #181 - 01/30/18 at 06:01:36

Lancer, my old friend and buddy

I am one of the ones that first hand understands the "decreasing effectiveness" of the major modifications that can be done to the Savage.

I am also understanding that if I wanted a 60+hp single cylinder bike, KTM makes one called a KTM 690 Enduro (it is just a bit too tall in the crotch for me and has some 66 fuel injected ponies to it) but if front suspension adjustment and some rear shock modifications done to it would be a lot cheaper than a major Savage rework.   They are available used now and are climbing down from the stratosphere in price accordingly.  

Still too high, though, on both purchase price and crotch height the both of them.

I am currently very satisfied with the 55 hp Barcalounger and am riding it more (and for longer distances) than I ever ran the Savage.   Rip and run in the mountains (within reason) is fine, I can still keep up with the crew on either bike but I find my taste for killing Ducks and Crumpets in the curvies has declined a great deal lately.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #182 - 01/30/18 at 08:00:37

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 01/30/18 at 06:01:36:

Lancer, my old friend and buddy

I am one of the ones that first hand understands the "decreasing effectiveness" of the major modifications that can be done to the Savage.

I am also understanding that if I wanted a 60+hp single cylinder bike, KTM makes one called a KTM 690 Enduro (it is just a bit too tall in the crotch for me and has some 66 fuel injected ponies to it) but if front suspension adjustment and some rear shock modifications done to it would be a lot cheaper than a major Savage rework.   They are available used now and are climbing down from the stratosphere in price accordingly.  

Still too high, though, on both purchase price and crotch height the both of them.
https://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/crop/201312/ktm-690-enduro-r-7_800x0w.jpg
https://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/crop/201312/ktm-690-enduro-r-5_800x0w.jpg

I am currently very satisfied with the 55 hp Barcalounger and am riding it more (and for longer distances) than I ever ran the Savage.   Rip and run in the mountains (within reason) is fine, I can still keep up with the crew on either bike but I find my taste for killing Ducks and Crumpets in the curvies has declined a great deal lately.

Oldfeller, friend of many years, jesting you am I. 😁

I understand the changing desires when riding, that is a "me too thing".
I do like playing with my Savage though on short straight-a-ways with a quick twist of the throttle, but speed and such on curves has diminished a good bit.

Anyway, my comment in the early morning hours was me just being a little froggy.  I was up with a migraine, taking a shot and eating some pain pills and starting to feel a little better.
😎🏍😎

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #183 - 01/30/18 at 10:30:32

Lancer, have you and Versy put any new thoughts out on the Black Hills trip or the Texas trip?

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #184 - 01/30/18 at 10:56:25

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 01/30/18 at 10:30:32:
Lancer, have you and Versy put any new thoughts out on the Black Hills trip or the Texas trip?

The texas twisted sister trip is aprilish.  The cabins are never full up, so it can be decided a few weeks before hand.  Which would be good to consult MMR on weather.

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #185 - 01/30/18 at 17:17:43

Which would be good to consult MMR on weather.  

Grin

I have thoroughly enjoyed both the Texas rides I've been on.   Smiley

If ya haven't been to ride the Twisted Sisters , then it should be on your bucket list.    One of the most memorable sights for me  was the " Stone-Hinge " , of Texas .  
The Cabin and the comradely is a great part of the trip too.    That Super Hamburger in the middle of No-where is a neat place ... so was the place with the Old Yellow Indian and stuffed Cougars  !    Come to think of it , all those places YouzGuyz took us to were Great places to visit !  

Heck !  I may need to go back and do it again !!  Wink

« Last Edit: 01/30/18 at 20:30:07 by MMRanch »  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #186 - 01/30/18 at 18:01:39

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 01/30/18 at 10:30:32:

Have not talked, I'm waiting for more info from other sources on scheduling.  I just don't know at this point.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #187 - 02/01/18 at 06:48:22

Here is the "way out in time" weather report on the March trip to Florida, we know it doesn't pick up any reality much at all until 2 weeks out so I'm not too bent over it at the moment.

Meet up area by Lake City Florida, near Jacksonville.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/lake-city-fl/32055/month/332305?monyr=3/01/...

Down by DuPuis / Indiantown (main camping place)

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/indiantown-fl/34956/month/15185_pc?monyr=3/...

Results are still too vague to get excited over, but they are there for the viewing ......

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #188 - 02/01/18 at 08:07:12

Message for MM

Next, focusing on DAY 1 which starts by meeting up at LAKE CITY FLORIDA off of I-75 here are your choices of eating places to meet up at ......

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Osceola+Shooting+Range/@30.1785963,-82.6862...

OK, pull your eyes over to the right to the meet up type eating place choices (and quit looking at that free to the public rifle range that is just down the street from us, along with 4 pretty decent looking gun stores).

You will be tired from the trip and hungry too, so let's meet at a nice place to eat and get that all settled up before going off into the alligator bushes to go camping.

Big question: did you want to meet up on Thursday the 8th or Friday the 9th as we are meeting way up high in Florida (to minimize day one travel time and still get decent camping night time temperatures) and we are still a half a day out from Daytona at that elevation.   We could meet on Thursday and then still hit Daytona at the very start of the Bike Week circus before it gets so crowded it is impossible to travel on the roads.

« Last Edit: 02/01/18 at 11:44:19 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #189 - 02/01/18 at 20:04:53

Smiley

Its 490 miles to Lake City from Lynchburg .   I'm guessing that 10 hours in the saddle will get me to our meeting spot , plus one hour for the going east.  
So , if I meet ya about 1800-1900 hrs. then I need to leave about 0700-0800 hrs.    Most likely 0800 hrs. would be my departure time.  
If I meet ya at Cracker Barrel about 1900hrs in Lake City would that be good on your end ?  

Is our camp-ground in Lake City the one in the link you posted ?    I haven't committed the details to memory yet !  Roll Eyes
But , its about time to make it solid !  Wink

Your ridding the Barcalounge , so if I bring the Harley (if it hasn't sold by then) we'll be ridding V twins to a V twin convention !  Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #190 - 02/02/18 at 15:31:55

Which day, Thursday the 8th or Friday the 9th?

Yes, we will be going to    https://freecampsites.net/#!96&query=sitedetails   with two nearby overflow camps to fall back upon if it happens to be full.

Next, I called the Cracker Barrel and they do not have wifi at that location.   Across the road is a Ruby Tuesday that does have free wifi so we can look stuff up, locate things, etc. as we sit and eat and talk.   Ruby serves a killing good burger and a really top notch salad bar, so you could think of it as an eating upgrade ..... or I can wait at Ruby's free wifi and when you show up we can go wherever you want.

Have you rigged up up a charging cable for your phone off your bike yet?

Now, to keep from getting lost from each other, go to your android phone and use the phone's Google PlayStore and get the Life360 app and put it on your phone (it's free).  

Looks like this symbol    https://www.life360.com/

Open up the app on the phone and join a group (Group code is TDS-QHH).

If you are successful doing this you will see a dot for me and a dot for you.   Call me if you have issues getting this to work (if needed you can start the group and give me the code and I'll join you)

Yep, it is so on join up day I can see how far out you are and judge if I have time to catch a gun store or two before heading to Ruby Tuesday.

« Last Edit: 02/02/18 at 17:37:51 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #191 - 02/02/18 at 18:56:59

Have you rigged up up a charging cable for your phone off your bike yet?  

Yea buddy !   I can charge 2 at a time if need be !

I had to make room in my phone to get 360 in there , in my old phone it was easy to move stuff to the SD card - I haven't figured it out for the new phone yet.  

I would think meeting on Thursday would be good !    If they have a opening day parade that might be fun to watch !  Smiley

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #192 - 02/02/18 at 20:01:30

Well, lookie there -- I gots me a new dot that says MM Ranch and even has a picture to it.

Boy, you are getting all upscale on us, ain't ya ?

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #193 - 02/02/18 at 23:00:40

I'm working on getting a picture of everybody in my address book too !  

Ruby's is fine .    But , I'm expecting a picture on that 360 map !  Wink

Hopefully we'll have a schule of events by this time next month.    Did you think   of any bikes you'd like to ride on the Daytona race track ?

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #194 - 02/03/18 at 04:31:31

OK, I got you a picture of the only one available at the time.    

Riding somebody's race bike around the track leaves me kinda cold, and no bike that I would likely ever really ride would even get the track excited enough to yawn about it.

Face it son, we are getting old .....  

But I will sit in the stands with a book and watch you wait in line.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 25
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/02/24 at 18:06:40

General CategoryThe Cafe › Savage Events for 2018 and other ramblings.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.