Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 23
Send Topic Print
Savage Events for 2017 (Read 3501 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Savage Events for 2017
Reply #75 - 12/09/16 at 15:44:42

MM, put https://freecampsites.net/ up on your saved places up at the top of your browser.

Now, click on it and zoom into Florida and click on Daytona Beach for Daytona Beach Bike Week.   Wammo, instant camping about an hour, hour and a half away at Ochala National Forest.  

It even lists the Walmarts with accessible camping spots.

Now re-zoom on the St Augustine area for Thunder Run Bike Week.   Wammo, instant camping at Appalachacola National Forest less than an hour away.

I LIKE this app a lot --- we can go ANYWHERE we want to, by easy daily stages.   The price is right and we can share a location with the group and arrange meet up times to say howdy to the locals.

Carry a water bottle, a roll of toilet paper and a single person tent  (no per tent $20 charges to worry about) and this app on both your cell phones and GO PLACES.

Pop up tents are out as they twist/fold up into huge 32" diameter round things (a shape that is a really poor fit on a bike).   Plus, Amazon had a manly looking green "2 person tent"  (that is really just a one person tent) for $15.99 that folds and rolls into a normal sized single tent roll.   Wally sells the same tent at the same price, but you pay shipping or wait for in-store delivery, so Amazon Prime makes some sense here.

So it takes 5-10 minutes to put up, big deal .....        Wink

Pop test -- take your new favorite app and click on the Dragon      Grin     Count them, three (3) freebee camping sites with a total of 12-15 slots within easy reach of the Dragon.
Two of them are on Tapco road actually closer in to the Dragon than Robinsville (go downhill to breakfast at Huddle House in Robinsville?)

« Last Edit: 12/09/16 at 18:10:19 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #76 - 12/09/16 at 18:51:09

OldFeller

I've got a 8'x10'x72" , that I can put up in 5-10 min. and there is plenty of room without getting "to-cozy"  Roll Eyes , got a door on both sides too.

Its small enough that I tie it under my headlight to the bottom of the triple tree.    Just bring your air mattress and we'll blow it up with the 12V compressor I keep in the saddle bag.   Just remember your half is only 5'x8' of the tent .   Wink  

I saw OldRider with a twin-size air mattress at one of our Dragon runs , I got one of them and like it , till I try to get up in the middle of the night.  Embarrassed  
I like the mil. style cots better because they are easier to get out/off of and they double as a chair. I've got 4 of them , your welcome to borrow one of them too.    Wouldn't be neat if somebody made a "Back-packing reclining camp chair , that was pack-able ?   Those Cots fit on the rear seat just fine, but they are a little heavy.

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #77 - 12/09/16 at 19:52:56

Me, I'm just planning for the excursions you don't go on, like the two day easy riding trip to get to your house so we can go to Lancer's.

Grin

Try to find one of those chairs that can take 287 pounds on loose dirt without folding up on you.

They do make them, but they cost more.   Got one headed my way as we speak.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #78 - 12/09/16 at 20:46:14

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #79 - 12/09/16 at 21:00:42

I found a "motion detector" at Harbor Freight that I like.  put the detector at the tent door and the receiver next to my head.  ...  Under $20.oo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fldxCN_AkOQ

Only thing , ya have to pull/disconnect the 9V battery in the receiver when your not using it.   But its easy to do .  Roll Eyes

Make me sleep easier when I don't have a dog.

Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Reply #80 - 12/10/16 at 07:49:27

Dave wrote on 10/13/16 at 04:45:43:
So....how about some other folks (Stewmills, Springman, MMRanch, Versy, Lancer, Kris01, Steve H, Armen, Gary_in_NJ, etc.) to comment.  

For some reason this thread caught my eye...and to my surprise I was mentioned in it.

Dave, I'm in for a Northern Kentucky ride this summer. We plan our family vacation for early July, so any other time works for me. I'll gladly load up the bike in to the back of my truck and make the 9 hour trip. Looking forward to the details.

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #81 - 12/10/16 at 10:55:24

verslagen1 wrote on 12/09/16 at 20:46:14:

Mine gets good reviews from fat people ......  has a 300 lb max weight mostly due to the oversized foot thingies that don't sink down into the dirt.

It is a little taller than the one you bought, but you are more flexible than I am.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #82 - 12/10/16 at 11:12:59

Gary_in_NJ wrote on 12/10/16 at 07:49:27:
Dave wrote on 10/13/16 at 04:45:43:
So....how about some other folks (Stewmills, Springman, MMRanch, Versy, Lancer, Kris01, Steve H, Armen, Gary_in_NJ, etc.) to comment.  

For some reason this thread caught my eye...and to my surprise I was mentioned in it.

Dave, I'm in for a Northern Kentucky ride this summer. We plan our family vacation for early July, so any other time works for me. I'll gladly load up the bike in to the back of my truck and make the 9 hour trip. Looking forward to the details.

Hey, the more the merrier ...... Dave if this is so, add her to the list.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #83 - 12/10/16 at 12:58:00

OF, I almost bought that chair w/out the knobby feet. 27 vs 55
but I'm particular about the kind of chair I sit in.
I'm really uncomfortable in the standard directors type chair.
I used to have a 3 legged sling chair that I liked but lost it.
I've sat in the chair you got and think I could be comfortable...
except for the 55 bucks.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #84 - 12/10/16 at 13:29:25

On a bad assed rainy day, I can put my big feet chair into a tent and not damage the floor .....

So can MM with his rocker style feet.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #85 - 12/10/16 at 13:32:20

For your wife, to show her that you love her and care about her worries ....

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.life360.android.safetymapd&hl=
en

Give her a better tool to know where your butt is located (except when you are off the grid up in the high mountains, of course).

Now whenever your dot stops moving (or it disappears completely) she can worry even more .....

Tongue

A bit more practical, if you are on a group trip and get separated, you can maybe find the other group a wee bit easier.

This has only happened 6-8 times with the Savage trips .....         Wink

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #86 - 12/10/16 at 13:36:09

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 12/10/16 at 13:29:25:
On a bad assed rainy day, I can put my big feet chair into a tent and not damage the floor .....

I'm like Verslagen.....Cheep  Cool

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #87 - 12/10/16 at 15:00:35

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 12/10/16 at 13:32:20:

For your wife, to show her that you love her and care about her worries ....

You did notice that it will tell my wife when I am accelerating aggressively, or speeding....or braking hard.

I can't believe that you think this will make my wife feel good - she most likely will get nearly 900 alerts from one pass on the Tail of the Dragon!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #88 - 12/10/16 at 15:14:29

Dave,   I didn't say your wife, I meant my wife,  (who is a sorta tougher kind of critter).    She'd just call me to bless me out periodically and then threaten to sell my other bike while I was gone if the app actually gave out that kind of info.

Besides, who speed any more?   Certainly not me .....  Huh    Undecided     Lips Sealed

Mebbe we need a different app ???

MM, my overnight on the way up to meet you for Lancers will be this one.

https://freecampsites.net/#!7369&query=sitedetails

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #89 - 12/10/16 at 15:14:31

old.indian wrote on 12/10/16 at 13:36:09:
Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 12/10/16 at 13:29:25:

I'm like Verslagen.....Cheep  Cool

I think i'm gonna get a cheap chair, get a piece of wood and make my own rocker.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 23
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/01/24 at 12:53:20

General CategoryThe Cafe › Savage Events for 2017

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.