Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23
Send Topic Print
Savage Events for 2017 (Read 3501 times)
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Re: Savage Events for 2017
Reply #60 - 12/07/16 at 07:40:07

Heck old.indian, you and MM got it made. I will retire someday, just not today.

I see my ride to Lancer's as about 450 miles, a long hard day of riding. Or  a long day with a good night's sleep somewhere along the way and a relatively short ride the next day. Either way, it works for me.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #61 - 12/07/16 at 07:55:34

David,

You can possibly stay at my place which is just off of exit 79 of Interstate 35W on the way to Lancer's.

Kenny G

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #62 - 12/07/16 at 15:03:12

Kenny,

I cannot say I know just where you are, but if it is on the way that would be great. We could ride the rest of the way together. Thanks.

I will be keeping my eye on this. Once the exact date is determined I can find out for sure if I can go. Hope it works out for us all.

Regards,
David (Springman)

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #63 - 12/07/16 at 15:28:43

David,

I am just south of Denton about 2 miles off of Interstate 35W.

Kenny G

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #64 - 12/07/16 at 15:41:52

I could almost make it all the way to Lancer's place .. without making a single turn..   incredible.
281 North.. and just keep on going .. and going.. and going..

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #65 - 12/07/16 at 16:51:38

Wink      Moderators, if you see something is wrong or is being missed in the shuffle, reach in and fix it -- that's what you got them long fingers for.

THESE EVENTS ARE IN PLANNING AND DISCUSSION -- THE CONCRETE HAS NOT SET YET ....  same month can be listed and is fine for different areas of the country.   I am plugging in names as people show interest, this gives us a tool for seeing who is going were plus the folks who are going can start the refinement process on dates and activities.

So far we got the following in the rough order of doing them.   Adding something is easy, talk it up some, put a date to it and we will see if folks are interested by if they sign up for it.

Arkansas Run  dates please ???    Springman,   old.indian

Daytona Bike Week  March 10-19 http://www.daytonabeach.com/events/motorcycle-rallies/bike-week/
w/ possible visit to Old-Rider, needs a refresh on the invite from last year's discussions

Youzguyz Twisted Sisters trip         Mid to Late April    "Ya'll are welcome back to my neck of the woods anytime."    Youzguyz,  Springman

Thunder Beach Run  May3-7   http://thunderbeachproductions.com  Location of run is Panama Beach / St. Augustine  w/ possible visit to Old-Rider, needs a refresh on the invite from last year's discussions

Lancer Oklahoma trip   April - May  NEED FIRM DATES   Lancer,  Kenny G,  MM,  Oldfeller,  Springman,  Verslagen,

Indian Paintbrush Campground in Ty Denver  June  NEED FIRM DATES   Verslagen,  Springman,  old.indian

Kickstand Lodge   June 21-24    Dave,  Oldfeller,  MM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZGNOB5m5Ro&t=166s
http://kickstandlodge.com/rates.html
From here it is a short hop up to the Dragon, and to all the really neat surrounding roads we love to ride.    For East Coast beginners, this is the closest (and the BEST) Southeastern trip possible.   Some have argued the area is the BEST BIKING IN AMERICA and I might have to agree with them.

MM's farm   July to  first week in August   MM,  Oldfeller,  Dave

« Last Edit: 12/09/16 at 14:24:12 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #66 - 12/08/16 at 05:27:48

youzguyz wrote on 12/07/16 at 15:41:52:
I could almost make it all the way to Lancer's place .. without making a single turn..   incredible.
281 North.. and just keep on going .. and going.. and going..

Not to be a party pooper.. but the operative word is "could".
While I would enjoy going up to see Lancer and everyone else, it is doubtful that I could get away to do so.

Kindly remove me from the list of possible attendees until I can determine if my attendance is more obtainable.

Still if I could, I could just go up 281!!

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #67 - 12/08/16 at 08:40:20

Youzguyz

Thinking about your situation makes me really thankful that I can go on these rides.   I sure have enjoyed cruising around your neighborhood.  
Fact is , your "Tour-guiding"  the Hill Country was and is a mighty fine ride!  Smiley

StoneHinge_Tx_.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #68 - 12/08/16 at 09:05:20

I'm with MM as regards Youzguyz. I resemble the remark! Grin Grin

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #69 - 12/08/16 at 19:40:14

I'm wanting to do something closer to home this year and Lancers is only 700 miles or so.  Hope I'm not getting old and lazy .  Tongue

I'd like to ride the bike in two 350 mile days ... could be a "Motel-6" event if we don't have a fellow Savage near the path ?   Huh?

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #70 - 12/09/16 at 01:37:28

MM, what city do you want to stop at?    Pick a city and let me see what I can find.

Whups .....  until Lancer picks some dates we have nothing to work with.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #71 - 12/09/16 at 09:58:11

http://www.agfc.com/hunting/Pages/wmaDetails.aspx?show=310

Well :

Here is a FREE place to stay about 305 miles from my house and about 305 miles from Lancer's .   Huh

Henry Gray Hurricane WMA , in Arkansas .

its primitive but we could take care of all the "necessities" befor we settle in for the evening.  Wink

How is that for $$$ saving ?  (just an option).

badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #72 - 12/09/16 at 10:35:54

MMRanch, Here are some things you might want to check out-
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=camping+on+public+land

https://gearjunkie.com/camp-free-public-land-dispersed-camping

https://freecampsites.net/

The last one works cool, just click on a spot on the map and it brings up places in that area. Ya just need a tent, water, and a cherry pie for breakfast in the morning!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #73 - 12/09/16 at 12:49:17

Badwolf, that last one is a jewel, I put it on my taskbar site list because it can be very useful in the future.

I like free, the price is about right for these "camp as you go" trips.

Also seeing that the 24 hour Walmart Supercenters really don't care if you go off behind their water overfill fenced areas and toss up a one man tent.   The overgrown overfill area fence puts up a vision proof barrier and you are "behind the store" so not even security goes back that far to check on anything beyond a casual ride around at night.   You park the bike up by the main store entrance and let the parking lot security take care of it for you.   Got bathrooms, food, whatever available 24 hours a day should you want or need it.

I think with minimum planning you could hit a free campground area, and if they are too widely spread you can do an alternate night's snooze at a Wally or if you know far enough ahead make previous arrangements to stay at a local church.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #74 - 12/09/16 at 15:20:23

I think with minimum planning you could hit a free campground area, and if they are too widely spread you can do an alternate night's snooze at a Wally or if you know far enough ahead make previous arrangements to stay at a local church.

Smiley.... Smiley Smiley Smiley

Black Hills ,   Roll Eyes

Cost of fuel , and food only touring  Cool

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/25/24 at 23:34:49

General CategoryThe Cafe › Savage Events for 2017

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.