Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Why?
Reply #15 - 04/19/16 at 23:29:36

It's a hard issue to deal with... but do consider this...

Where were these people before?...
They did exist...  
The issue is, can they choose?... but they did exist before.
Are you any more comfortable with a woman or man that identifies differently using either toilet?...
Do you feel your daughter safer with a lesbian woman in her bathroom than a man that identifies as woman?...
Are you more comfortable pissin' next to a woman that identifies as a man, or a man that is gay?,,,
It's really all too confusing... but... these people do exist... and they will use a bathroom...
They existed before this was an issue... and we have all shared a bathroom with them.  
We just didn't know. ...and we probably still won't...
It's really a non-issue...
It won't be comfortable either way...
...but it won't change the fact that there are people that don't feel that either door applies...
Maybe we just need unisex bathrooms...

Deciding that people be assigned bathrooms based on your criteria rather than theirs, won't make these people disappear.

It's my impression that those who are against this, are wishing the problem didn't exist, rather than facing it practically.
Consider it,.. realistically and pragmatically...  Undecided

Denial, ain't a river in Egypt...
Does forcing them to be more uncomfortable, make you any more comfortable?...

It makes no sense... but it is what it is...
Not dealing with it, is as much a decision as dealing with it.
You want to face reality, or bury your head in the sand?...

« Last Edit: 04/20/16 at 08:03:29 by Serowbot »  

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #16 - 04/20/16 at 04:46:19

Ah.....
You nailed it, yet, you missed the irony of it....
It's ok to make others uncomfortable for the sake of them being comfortable  Grin

You can't see that?

Yes, you are right, it has existed  all along, and as the Clinton's said, don't ask, don't tell. Seemed to work in an ignorant is bliss mentality  Lips Sealed

I think the gay movement is about acceptance, not really about peeing in a bathroom.
Use to be said they wanted the government to stay out of their bedroom, but now it seems all are invited  Wink

I believe it all boils down to wanting to be accepted and acknowledged, and it's a fact our system smiles upon a heterosexual married white couple with a white picket fence around their house of 2 and a half kids and a dog and cat......
However, I feel laws forcing anyone to accept that of which they are against in a belief will ever achieve its desired goal.
It only serves to keep bigotry alive and well, no matter how well meaning it is.....
You have to change people's hearts, and folks ain't willing to be that vulnerable!

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #17 - 04/20/16 at 05:24:36

BTW.....
Webby is right in one sense about libs being children, but it's a fact we all our.
It is one of the three major characteristics that all of us navigate life from.
That characteristic, a child, is where dreams root, and hope, and question.
Artist spend a lot of time there. It is very creative element.
Conservatives don't spend much time there.
They see it as not reality, generally speaking.

Walt Disney would be a good example of accessing both elements to successfully.
Obama, not so much.
He has tried to break away from the old presidential mindset, and has injected hope with wanting goodwill with all, like Cuba, etc, but with ISIS and Islam, you can see hope is not enough to carry it....

Which, brings me back to point....
It's all about balance and moderation  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 04/20/16 at 05:38:10

The issue is, can they choose
Why do they 'get to choose', but the others in the vast majority, do not get to choose? When this issue first popped up here in my town, all the girls (real girls that is)signed a petition stating they did not way a boy to use their bathroom. I don't recall how that situation ended but thanks to a recent case, a judge decided those 100 girls who said no, don't  matter. They don't get to choose. Their feelings get tossed aside as not being valuable. If those 100 feel uncomfortable, too bad because this one guy feels uncomfortable so we're gonna put him ahead of you. Why?

Which is my bigger point. Why? Why are we even having a discussion in a court of law? How did we get here? This is not 'progress'; this is decay.

It's really all too confusing... but... these people do exist... and they will use a bathroom...
It's not confusing at all, it's very black and white. If you stand up to pee, don't go in the girls room. Pretty simple. Hey, I'm sorry a few people have this affliction. And it is an affliction. We should look for ways to help, not enable. Given a choice between cutting off a finger and getting laid, most teenage boys would say, 'aw hell, I can work with 9 fingers' and start unzipping. Seriously, teenagers don't have the capacity to think beyond their noses which is why we have put in place all kinds of efforts to help them get past those years. Why in the hell then are we allowing a boy to make a decision like this that will follow him for life?

That boy can't even walk into a bar and have a drink, but you think it's a good idea for him to say "I'm a girl and I want to $hit next to the other girls.  I want to change in their locker rooms." You think it's a good idea to let a 16 year old make that call?

...but it won't change the fact that there are people that don't feel that either door applies...
There are mentally disturbed people that don't feel all kinds of things apply but we don't change common sense actions with the history of mankind behind them to accommodate 1 out of 10,000 or 100,000.

I am facing reality. The reality is the 100 other high school girls who don't want a mentally disturbed boy in their bathrooms, locker rooms and showers have the right to say no.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 04/20/16 at 05:56:51

ou want to face reality, or bury your head in the sand?...
I am facing reality. The reality is the 100 other high school girls who don't want a mentally disturbed boy in their bathrooms, locker rooms and showers have the right to say no.

That's reality.

If he's wearing a dress, then he is in danger regardless of what room he walks in.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 04/20/16 at 06:03:36

WebsterMark wrote on 04/19/16 at 18:09:26:
At an Airport, I'll just call myself WebsterMartha and I'll use the ladies room. I guess you liberals are smart after all .....

Yea. Find any loop hole to exploit the system.

I identify as a canine. I'm going to lift my led and urinate on a fire hydrant near a school. Let's see if my individual rights are upheld.

--Steve

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 04/20/16 at 06:17:13

Paraquat wrote on 04/20/16 at 06:03:36:
WebsterMark wrote on 04/19/16 at 18:09:26:
At an Airport, I'll just call myself WebsterMartha and I'll use the ladies room. I guess you liberals are smart after all .....

Yea. Find any loop hole to exploit the system.

I identify as a canine. I'm going to lift my led and urinate on a fire hydrant near a school. Let's see if my individual rights are upheld.
--Steve

if you could find a way to spin that as a democratic/liberal issue, yes they would go to war to uphold your right to pea a hydrant because you simply said so.  if Hillary could get some votes out of it, she would suddenly be talking about her lifelong dream of human/canine equally. How it secretly kept her up at night.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #22 - 04/20/16 at 07:03:59

She has servants cover mirrors at eight pm. A glimpse of that face and even she can't sleep.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #23 - 04/20/16 at 07:57:39

WebsterMark wrote on 04/20/16 at 05:38:10:

So,... you are more comfortable with this boy peeing in the little boys room?...  
Do you imagine this is more comfortable for all the other little boys?...

Like I said,... it is an uncomfortable situation, either way.
But,... the fact is these people do exist, and they will use a bathroom.

I wouldn't be any more comfortable with a woman whipping out a "whatever" and pissing next to me at the urinal, than man in a dress putting on his make-up while I'm pissin'...

100 girls are uncomfortable with a "man" in a dress using their bathroom?...
How about a woman that likes other women, in a suit with beard stubble?...
It's confusing... but it happens.  
I don't see that one way is any better than the other.
The good news is for most of us, this would be an odd occurrence.  For the people that are this way, it's their life... and they must live with it every day.
Which direction they go makes no difference to me.
It's gonna' be weird either way.

Do you see what I'm saying?... It will be, and is now, weird either way.
Seems like the most discrete and least intrusive way, is for them to use the bathroom that they identify with.

It seems to me that those that have a problem with it, want the problem to go away,... rather than deal with it in any practical way.
Being against it,.. doesn't make it go away.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #24 - 04/20/16 at 08:19:32

Let's go simple Bot.....
Are they both bigots then?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #25 - 04/20/16 at 09:11:04

raydawg wrote on 04/20/16 at 08:19:32:
Let's go simple Bot.....
Are they both bigots then?

You refer to whom?... JOG and Web?...
I wouldn't say bigots,... they're just extremely uncomfortable with the fact that these people exist, and can't get past that to see objectively.
I'm just as uncomfortable, but I see that this is an issue for these people to deal with.
Realistically,... we don't have to deal with it.  They do.
I think how they deal with it should be their choice.  One way or the other won't be better or worse for any of us.
You get what I'm sayin'?... Huh

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 04/20/16 at 09:18:49

I read these comments below a little while ago. Your position Sew is this woman's point of view is meaningless. The position of girls in high school who object to the boy who sued and won to use their bathroom and locker rooms is meaningless. The feelings of 100's get dismissed to accommodate the very specific feelings of one boy who we pass laws saying he isn't even competent enough to enter into a contract, drink alcohol, own a gun, maybe be drive a car at night with passengers, yet we say he can claim the feelings he has give him the right to insert himself in the private lives of hundreds of others with a different gender than his. Does that even make sense?

When I was 20 I moved to an idyllic New England town where I was working a college internship.  A few weeks in I needed some things from a grocery store a mile or so away from where I lived.  It was a beautiful day so I decided to enjoy some fresh air and sunshine on a walk to the store.  Part way to the store two guys were talking in a driveway that I passed.  The men said, “Hey little girl, do you want to play?”  Then they walked toward the street where I was walking.  I pretended to not hear what they said and quickly walked past the driveway.  Luckily, the men just stopped and laughed and didn’t come all the way to where I was.  But I also knew I still had to come home, and that was the only way to go that I knew.  It was a scary situation for me and I never enjoyed a solo walk in that town again.  A man doesn’t understand that type of experience.  The difference in muscle mass from a man to a woman makes some things more threatening to me than they would be to a man.  To this day my husband teases me about taking mace with me when I walk.

Then there’s the guy who doesn’t like it when you aren’t interested in him and starts showing a jerky side and you hope it doesn’t turn too aggressive.  Or when there’s a rape very nearby where you live.  You don’t let security concerns rule your life but you try to be realistic and think ahead about the safeness of situations that you put yourself in.  So you make choices like not being alone in a parking garage, especially at night.  You carry mace, or whatever, and try not to draw attention to yourself in some situations.  It’s just common sense and, sadly, a small part of being a woman.

In 2012 Canada passed their own “bathroom bill” similar to the one the city of Charlotte passed recently.  The bill guaranteed that men who “identify” as women had the right to use public women’s facilities (not limited to locker rooms and bathrooms).  In 2014 a man was placed in the women’s shelter of a homeless shelter in Toronto because he identified as a woman and, pursuant to the law passed in 2012, had the right to be in the woman’s shelter.  Immediately women in the shelter complained of him peeking in the cracks of showers, etc.  And there were several sexual assaults.  Who knew this could happen?  The LGBT lobbyists said that anyone who had security concerns about a “bathroom bill” was saying that transgender people were pedophiles and that there were no legitimate concerns with having transgender people in the bathroom.  But any woman could have told you this was a possibility, it’s just common sense that we deal with every day.

In 1999 a convicted murderer in Australia used the Australian laws to force authorities to move him to a women’s prison because he identified as a woman.  While in women’s prison he raped his cell mate and after several other assaults, and one person pregnant he finally got moved back to the men’s prison.  Who could have seen that coming?  Duh, any woman you asked.

The list goes on and on.  From a college that had to change back from unisex bathrooms after peeping and cell phone videotaping, to the 45 yr old transgender “woman” who keeps exposing his male genitalia to the swim team in the locker room of newly enlightened Washington State.  These incidents are surprising to no woman, only common sense is required to foresee a problem.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 04/20/16 at 09:21:45

Realistically,... we don't have to deal with it.  They do.

Bull$hit! My granddaughter will have to deal with it.

I think how they deal with it should be their choice.  One way or the other won't be better or worse for any of us.

Again, Bull$hit! What do you tell the little girls who don't feel comfortable with a boy next to them in the bathroom / lockeroom? Seriously, what do you tell them?

Too bad, deal with it
Is that your solution?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #28 - 04/20/16 at 09:28:13

the point is,.. there are men that identify as woman, and there are women that identify as men... there are also people that are literally something in between...
Either way you decide the issue,... all granddaughters and grandsons will have to deal with one type or the other...
Do you honestly have a preference?...

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #29 - 04/20/16 at 10:14:14

the point is,.. there are men that identify as woman, and there are women that identify as men... there are also people that are literally something in between...
Either way you decide the issue,... all granddaughters and grandsons will have to deal with one type or the other...
Do you honestly have a preference?...

I understand that completely. My wife knows a transgender woman/man.

Granddaughters shouldn't have to deal with teenage boys using the bathroom and locker rooms.

Honestly, is that too much to ask?

I am genuinely puzzled how this is an issue. Are the battles lines between liberal and conservatives so strong that you would force a young girl to share a bathroom / locker room with a boy because he says he feels like a girl?

You've never given a reason why her feelings, her desire for wanting to feel safe gets ignored.

So give it a try. Why should we pass laws allowing a teenage boy,  who makes the claim he identifies as a girl, full access to female bathrooms and locker rooms in public schools?  

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 05:49:51

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Why?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.