Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18
Send Topic Print
August Event at Dave's - OH/KY/IND - August 24-28. (Read 2526 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: August Event at Dave's - OH/KY/IND
Reply #45 - 02/05/16 at 07:47:06

Who said I was going to quit riding?

I take risks every ride we go on, and some of the potential go downs I have risked have been fatal all along.  Once I am recovered, I will ride again, likely for as long as I am able to do so.  

My risk level is the same, 100% risk of death.   Always has been 100%, thinking otherwise is simply wrong.

Will I be taking risks in the future, sure.   I may temper those risks some more, as internal bleeding after a big wreck is a no-no now.

========================================

Art, I think what the guys have been attempting to tell you is that wives are wonderful things, and we cherish them and we listen to them when they are upset.    We don't get into ego wars with them, we have learned there are better ways to get past any obstacle.

Not listening to your wife when she gets upset is both wrong and stupid, any married man knows this as they will just ask harder for you to pay attention to them.

Pay attention, and the problems go away.    I paid attention, so I have no problem now.  

And the point they raised was valid and I agree that getting an organic valve (which only lasts 10-18 years) just to avoid taking warfarin so I could ride a bike was very short sighted thinking.   Kinda silly, looking back at it.

Warfarin is a pill, you take it so you can have a life worth living.

Wink

....... kinda miss the thought of getting the Vulcan S for free though ......

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #46 - 02/05/16 at 08:30:51

Smiley

After I found out God's been in charge the whole time , and decided to follow instead of being pushed .   The Lord lead me to where I found my wife (lead her too) .   So now everything  still doesn't go like I plan , but that's OK , everything in my circle of events seems to be blessed and I know who is in charge --- so I don't worry about a thing.   Cool

Its something I wish on everybody  .    Smiley

I can't help but wonder what's a Vulcan-S ?   Huh

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #47 - 02/05/16 at 08:54:26

I had to join in on this one.

First of all, way to go old.indian and Lancer, sounds like you both hit the lottery. Having said that, I cannot imaging bearing the pain of losing your first wife. God blessed you 2 with amazing strength.

I love my wife. We do not always get along great because we are both so pig headed at times. But what Dave said is so true, if we just stop to listen to each other we are always able to work things out. She encourages me to go on these rides and I encourage her to do her things. She will actually be going to some Mayan ruins later this month with her sisters. On this "tour" they hike around 15 miles per day 3 days to get there and another 2 days to a different pick up point. Yes, she wanted me to go with her, and yes I would love to go with her, but the limit for my back for standing/walking is 2 maybe 3 hours max. I am sure she will have a great time.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #48 - 02/15/16 at 08:35:29

Well....one of the planned rides has gone up in smoke over the weekend.  The Rabbit Hash General Store is a local landmark, and it burned to the ground on Saturday night.  The store has always been a popular gathering spot - but more recently it has become a destination for bikers - and the roads from my house to Rabbit Hash are pretty nice curvy roads.

Not sure if it will be rebuilt by August.....obviously it won't be the original historic store anymore.  It survived many floods - but not the fire.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/02/14/fire-guts-kentuckys-historic-rabbit-hash...

1455478218579.jpg

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #49 - 02/15/16 at 08:44:12

man that sucks
hope the owners were well insured

IP Logged
GBG

'06 S40. Stock plus
saddlebags.

Cincinnati, OH
Reply #50 - 02/15/16 at 08:57:20

Rabbit Hash General Store is a trip I hadn't had a chance to make yet. Don't get many weekends off. I hope they get it rebuilt.

IP Logged
sjaskow - FSO

Frozen Tundra of MN
Reply #51 - 02/15/16 at 16:25:26

I am going to have to bow out. I was offered a job as a contractor for Andersen Windows in Oak Park Heights, MN (brrr) and the money is too much to say no too. Grin

Luckily, there are some decent riding roads up here even if the season is somewhat shorter than it is in the OH/NKY area.

2012 Victory Vision - http://www.jaskowiak.cc/vision
2006 Suzuki S40 - http://www.jaskowiak.cc/S40
WWW   IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #52 - 02/15/16 at 16:44:38

I was a door and window guy for 4 years..... during the building boom back in 2004-2009
Decent job back then, I just hated installing the specialty doors. We had million dollar homes with 10' arch doors, and most of them mahogany, talk about weighing tons!

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #53 - 02/15/16 at 20:16:47

So Dave :

How far is West Virginia from ya ?

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/Routes/West-Virginia_124.html

I found a "Trip-write-up" in Baggers Magazine , March issue.

The Ride I was looking for was referred to as the "Devil's Den" ride in Southern WV.

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #54 - 02/16/16 at 03:50:00

Skjaskow.....Sorry you won't ride with us - glad you got a gooder job!

MM....it is about 3 hours to Charleston from where I live.  The map you linked has a lot of good rides in my area.....one of the roads is my regular ride, and it only a few mile from my house.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #55 - 02/16/16 at 07:37:13

GBG wrote on 02/15/16 at 08:57:20:
Rabbit Hash General Store is a trip I hadn't had a chance to make yet. Don't get many weekends off. I hope they get it rebuilt.

It will be interesting to see how easy the place is to rebuild.  My cousin is the head of the Boone County Building Department, and it will be a very difficult project to review and approve.  Old buildings don't have to comply with current building codes - but the old building is gone, and new construction is required to comply.  The old building is 10 feet lower than the flood elevation for the Ohio River and the building was flooded frequently, the building was built right up against the street without any setbacks, the porch didn't have any railing, the steps didn't comply with the riser and tread dimensions, etc.

It will become a wrestling match between "Historic Preservation" vs. "Building Code and Public Safety".   The County might be able to grant some variances in their County Code - but the Building Code is adopted by the State of KY, and construction in the Flood Zone is controlled by the Corps of Engineers.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #56 - 02/16/16 at 07:53:23

MMRanch wrote on 02/05/16 at 08:30:51:
Smiley

After I found out God's been in charge the whole time , and decided to follow instead of being pushed .   The Lord lead me to where I found my wife (lead her too) .   So now everything  still doesn't go like I plan , but that's OK , everything in my circle of events seems to be blessed and I know who is in charge --- so I don't worry about a thing.   Cool

Its something I wish on everybody  .    Smiley

I can't help but wonder what's a Vulcan-S ?   Huh

Yep, HE sure is in charge...of EVERYTHING ALL OF THE TIME.
He gently nudges us when we start forgetting that; or maybe not so gently if we don't listen the first time.  
Being ALL POWERFUL & ALL KNOWING,  even the thoughts and intentions of our hearts, gives HIM just a wee bit of an advantage in dealing with us.
It is SOOOO much better to just listen and obey the first time around.
It is less painful/hurtful & such.
When we go our own way we always "step in it" and hurt ourselves and others.  HE loves us and already knows the best way to go.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #57 - 02/16/16 at 07:57:03

Lancer : Truer word were never wrote !  Cool

MM....it is about 3 hours to Charleston from where I live.  The map you linked has a lot of good rides in my area.....one of the roads is my regular ride, and it only a few mile from my house.

I thought it might have been close .

sounds good !  Wink

« Last Edit: 02/29/16 at 07:39:14 by MMRanch »  

MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #58 - 02/18/16 at 16:33:14

Dave  Huh Huh Huh

There was a little country store kinda like that one that burnt , somewhere I went last summer ???

Anybody remember a place like that on one of their rides ?  

Smiley

MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #59 - 02/29/16 at 07:41:26

Could it have been over by the Natchez trace  ?   ...

Makes me want a home made Fried Pie !  Smiley

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/01/24 at 15:15:00

General CategoryThe Cafe › August Event at Dave's - OH/KY/IND - August 24-28.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.