Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 18
Send Topic Print
August Event at Dave's - OH/KY/IND - August 24-28. (Read 2526 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: August Event at Dave's - OH/KY/IND
Reply #30 - 02/03/16 at 06:30:44

Supposedly I will be fully healed by then, but may not have a Savage by then as my wife and daughter and family are dead set on selling it during the 5 days I am in the hospital.    

She can do that, you know, because she gave me the bike (it's in her name).

Women, they get all possessive and protective when you get your heart rebuilt because it brings home how dangerous all your hobbies really are and how little they like the idea of you being dead.

Tongue     I ain't fond of the idea either ......

So, faced with insurrection from wife/daugher/et al   ...... I grin and spend me some time studying the Kawasaki Vulcan S for $5300 for last year's model.

Every cloud has a silver lining you know.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #31 - 02/03/16 at 07:05:47

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 02/03/16 at 06:30:44:
Supposedly I will be fully healed by then, but may not have a Savage by then as my wife and daughter and family are dead set on selling it during the 5 days I am in the hospital.  

Well I am not a big fan of taking the Savage to a service shop when you could do the work at home - however.....that might be the perfect time to drop the bike off at the shop to have them change the air in the tires! Wink

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #32 - 02/03/16 at 07:24:32

Let them sell it, then get one that's in your name only
Include a remark (snark level up to you) about about the new bike not being her property (and neither are you)

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #33 - 02/03/16 at 09:43:34

Art, ya gotta apply some artistry to these sorts of things ......

I would just hang-dog and mope around a bit and she'd go buy me the Vulcan S (or tell me to go rent one for the trip -- same difference).

Depending on the valve I get riding a bike can become a high risk deal -- the daily warfarin dose that supports a mechanical valve means you become a practical hemophiliac (free bleeder) and if you have a big wreck you can bleed inside your skull and your chest, abdomen, etc.   You can catch mobile clots from any big bruises and throw a stroke, etc. etc.

A cow valve is much lower risk to a bike rider because it requires no warfrin, but it cuts 5-10 years off my potential life span because it wears out out in 10-15 years (20 years on the outside).

Choices, choices ..... don't you love them?

Hurley riders with mechanical valves and warfarin doses DO EXIST in their multitudes, but it gives their doctors (and their wives) the hives to even think about it.

Savage riders, riding at speed and having fun like we do?   I would be the first.

Huh

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #34 - 02/03/16 at 21:11:56

Let them sell it, then get one that's in your name only
Include a remark (snark level up to you) about about the new bike not being her property (and neither are you)

I think I'm having a vision ... Its of the future .... Wait its about someone we all know and like ... ahh its becoming clearer now :

Art I don't see any long term female relationships in you future ...   Grin

Thing is They own us but we don't own them ... Just ask one of them ... they'll tell ya the same thing  !  Roll Eyes

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #35 - 02/04/16 at 09:47:11

I think of myself as the alpha household pet, still a pet, but able to beat up all the other doggies and kitties on demand.

It keeps my perspective "correct".     Grin

.....  plus I can steal operational techniques from the beagle boy, he's a past master and has got his Momma wrapped around his dew claw and can get away with murder all the time .....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #36 - 02/04/16 at 14:55:34

Oldfeller, you crack me up! Grin Grin Grin

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #37 - 02/04/16 at 18:46:16

OF, each to his own brand of warfare, doe eyes is still asking, not telling, but often discretion is the better part of valor  Wink
and if you decide you'd rather not risk it, and I can see where you might, (I might not, myself, in those circumstances) that's another biscuit entirely, I just hate seeing men treated like children / property
MM, I am fully aware women believe they own us, but we don'r own them, that's part of the reason, having done the marriage deal, I have no desire or intention of returning to the plantation, I am a freedman, and will remain that way
I do what I want, when I want, and answer to myself alone outside work
Being an alpha pet beats being the beta pet, but being your own man appeals to me more

(you fellas might not want the missus to read this post, you might be forbidden to play with me, as I might be classified a 'bad influence  Grin

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #38 - 02/04/16 at 19:00:04

Oh, I've been married all my life to the same very good woman, who right now is very scared and is acting a little nutso over some fine details (like me riding a bike once I am a warfarin junkie).

The bike is hers and I don't care what she does, I will still love her irregardless, and she knows that.

Ipso facto, the bike will be there when I get out of the hospital.

I love her more than the bike, and that is what she wanted to hear.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #39 - 02/04/16 at 19:05:53

Widow and widower together 5 years now. #1 She has a VERY high IQ, #2 She is a hell of a great cook #3 Great personality and fun to be with #4 80% of the family income is HERs.   Smiley Smiley Good Looking Too !!!

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #40 - 02/04/16 at 19:37:25

And for a little brutal honesty -- with the mechanical valve I will be here long after my riding days finally end.    

Picking a short term valve just to suit a "short term" hobby -- that ain't smart or right.

Plus, the way we are going with Obama & Hillary et al, by the time I am on Medicare for a few years they will be passing out Swedish sleeping pills to us and lecturing at us on "our responsibility to the next generations" instead of giving out expensive second surgeries.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #41 - 02/05/16 at 04:05:05

Art:

I don't know about the others on this forum - but the time I have spent with Oldfeller, Lancer, old_rider, Springman and MMRanch has taught me that their marriage was made in heaven (mine too).....and although we might occasionally make a joke about the man/woman relationship in our lives - the fact is that we have very loving and caring wives and are committed to them.  They treat us very well, and give us a lot of freedom........there just isn't any humor in telling that part of the story.  My wife understands my need to have quirky hobbies, and is happy to let me go hang out with this group of Savages a couple times a year.....and she loves me enough to worry until I arrive home safely.

I am sure there are controlling and possessive women out there - but those are not the ones we married.

I hope someday you can find a woman that will change your opinion - it took me 38 years to find the right one for me! Wink

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #42 - 02/05/16 at 06:00:22

Yep, I agree.
When my first wife passed away I was not even thinking about another one.
But God had other thoughts in mind and so here I am with a wonderful woman.  We just had our 4th anniversary.
When I married her she came with boots, leather jacket, gloves, etc.
She was accustomed to riding which worked out great.
She also knew about the rides we do and ENCOURAGES  me to go.
She is a good loving wife.

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #43 - 02/05/16 at 06:27:58

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 02/04/16 at 19:37:25:

And for a little brutal honesty -- with the mechanical valve I will be here long after my riding days finally end.    

Picking a short term valve just to suit a "short term" hobby -- that ain't smart or right.

Plus, the way we are going with Obama & Hillary et al, by the time I am on Medicare for a few years they will be passing out Swedish sleeping pills to us and lecturing at us on "our responsibility to the next generations" instead of giving out expensive second surgeries.

I would not presume to tell you which valve to pick, and i sure wouldn't tell you 'pick early death so you can keep riding'
that'd be bad advice, and advice I'd likely not take myself
As I said, it your life, your choice
Yours, not mine, not hers, not anyone else's

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #44 - 02/05/16 at 07:15:48

Dave wrote on 02/05/16 at 04:05:05:
Art:

I don't know about the others on this forum - but the time I have spent with Oldfeller, Lancer, old_rider, Springman and MMRanch has taught me that their marriage was made in heaven (mine too).....and although we might occasionally make a joke about the man/woman relationship in our lives - the fact is that we have very loving and caring wives and are committed to them.  They treat us very well, and give us a lot of freedom........there just isn't any humor in telling that part of the story.  My wife understands my need to have quirky hobbies, and is happy to let me go hang out with this group of Savages a couple times a year.....and she loves me enough to worry until I arrive home safely.

I am sure there are controlling and possessive women out there - but those are not the ones we married.

I hope someday you can find a woman that will change your opinion - it took me 38 years to find the right one for me! Wink

Conspiring to sell a man's moto while he's in hospital isn't controlling?  Roll Eyes
I would strongly disagree with that one
reverse the roles
If OF's wife were the biker, and willingly gave it up to raise chirrun, and he rewarded her with a new bike once the kids were off on their own, (but kept the title in his name) and she was the one going for a heart valve now, and he was the one plotting with the kid to sell the bike while she was abed in the hospital, do you think her reaction would be as sanguine as OF's? maybe, but I sorta doubt it
I'm not calling anyone a bad person here, but a grown person isn't a child or property
I have been guilty of this myself, when my ex returned to the self destructive behaviours of her past, that weren't 'likely' to wind up in an early grave, but rather were guaranteed to
her reaction "you don't own me"
You say true, I do not
you don't own me, either
she didn't like it when I said that  Grin
Now, I didn't marry lightly or early, staying single till I found 'the one' at 28, and I thought I had a unicorn
it took hindsight to see the controlling nature kick in less than a year after we married, it was so subtle
OF voluntarily gave up riding once already, to make as sure as possible his children would have a father around to raise them, and that I salute
I do not salute a wife and child deciding to end his riding days against his will
Nor do I salute the idea that them doing this so blatantly he knew it, as though he is a child, powerless to stop it
His remarks re buying his own bike I do salute, that would have been a huge 'oh yeah?' to the notion of his powerlessness
As for me, the ex never was dumb enough to tell me 'you can't do that', no she was much more clever, using manipulation and shaming as a control technique, and I laughed it off too, but in trying to figure out what went wrong, I stumbled onto evo phych, and once I was aware of that, I became very sensitive to women's covert control techniques, as well as men's overt and unsubtle ones, I came to understand that me and the ex were both in the wrong, and both simply following our natures
Today if I date a woman I am on my guard against the controlling side of my nature, and of the covert attempts of my date to control me
that which has been seen can't be unseen
so far I have encountered no women who do not engage in this, just as I never found an animal that wouldn't bite if provoked
you fellows seem to have found the mythical unicorns, apparently. so congratulations, as for me, I remain free and independant, needing neither permission nor forgiveness
You're happy, I'm happy, everybody is happy

And OF I mean what I said, if you decide riding is no longer worth the risk, I sure as hell won;t say different, so long as it is your own decision, based on facts, not feels

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 18
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 21:43:50

General CategoryThe Cafe › August Event at Dave's - OH/KY/IND - August 24-28.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.