Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
How's that working out for you? (Read 247 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: How's that working out for you?
Reply #30 - 01/06/16 at 10:42:32

HovisPresley wrote on 01/06/16 at 08:54:16:
WebsterMark wrote on 01/06/16 at 08:25:26:
Hey, it's good to be the King.

Can you sing "in the ghetto"?  Grin

No, but Rush Limbaugh's got a great knock off song: In a Yugo.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #31 - 01/06/16 at 11:20:59

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/06/16 at 08:54:00:
Yeah, web, good point. We didn't assimilate. We destroyed the civilization that was here. We conquered the land.
Yeah, you make a great point.

We, unlike the denizens of this continent prior to our arrival, have the benefit of Seeing how the migrants are respecting the people of the countries that are allowing them in.
If they, the Native Americans,had seen what we are seeing, would you call them foolish if they invited these hordes in?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #32 - 01/06/16 at 12:22:31

Good point Jog but hypothetical plus many major differences. It was a pretty empty country for one thing. There wasn't what you would call sovereign territory. It was literally and figuratively a different world back then.

...but the answer to your question is; with hindsight, had they know they would end up defeated, isolated etc... they should have killed every  European settler from day one! However, it wouldn't have mattered. They'd still be in the same place today, if not worse. Their culture had not progressed as far as the Europeans. They were doomed. Once Europe saw the land, they were going to keep coming no matter what. All they would have done is delayed the inevitable.

I realize my opinions on Native Americans run counter to most everyone else, but I've just never been sold on the whole "we robbed their land and killed them off"  stuff.....   You can say that about practically every nation / culture.

But.... times are different. We do have established nations and cultures. We do have the ability to project what the future holds. And for Europe to be so foolish as to think they can increase the % of their Muslim populations to higher and higher degrees with no consequences is ridiculous.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #33 - 01/06/16 at 12:29:08

Yet, you're not against bringing them here? If only one percent are angry at America, what happens? Look at how it is going in Europe.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #34 - 01/06/16 at 12:42:40

Are we on the wrong page here.....?   I'm am 100% against immigration from a predominantly Muslim country right now. That's what I would do: no immigration from a country with a significant Muslim population. I don't the numbers in front of me or the national security details, but I'd make a list of nations and say no.  I'd make exceptions for Christians or Jews or others who can prove they are in a persecuted status.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #35 - 01/06/16 at 12:49:21

WebsterMark wrote on 01/06/16 at 07:45:26:
as far as the irony of a white American and assimilation, sorry, but what do you want me to do? We're better than everyone else in the world. I'm not going to apologize for that. we don't assimilate to other cultures, other cultures assimilate to us.

I read that as
Bring them on. We will assimilate them.
I gotcha now. My bad.

IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #36 - 01/06/16 at 13:53:48

"We're better than everyone else in the world. I'm not going to apologize for that."

I'd say that you are made up of everyone else in the world.

You don't need to apologize, Mark, but you might want to start learning Chinese!

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #37 - 01/06/16 at 14:55:44

HovisPresley wrote on 01/06/16 at 13:53:48:
"We're better than everyone else in the world. I'm not going to apologize for that."

I'd say that you are made up of everyone else in the world.

You don't need to apologize, Mark, but you might want to start learning Chinese!

I'd say we're better because everyone in the past (for the most part anyway) pulled roughly in the same direction and our free enterprise, capitalistic government opened the doors for prosperity.

I may wish I had slanted eyes before its all over, you might be right.

IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #38 - 01/06/16 at 15:12:07

At a guess I'd say the Scandinavians and the Swiss have a great standard of living, and are to be noted, if you were to be so humble....

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #39 - 01/06/16 at 15:39:08

HovisPresley wrote on 01/06/16 at 15:12:07:
At a guess I'd say the Scandinavians and the Swiss have a great standard of living, and are to be noted, if you were to be so humble....

Yes, it certainly lends to credibility to the resolve of both groups.  I always wondered though, how much of the Nazi bullion do the Swiss still have?

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #40 - 01/06/16 at 16:11:59

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/06/16 at 12:49:21:
WebsterMark wrote on 01/06/16 at 07:45:26:
as far as the irony of a white American and assimilation, sorry, but what do you want me to do? We're better than everyone else in the world. I'm not going to apologize for that. we don't assimilate to other cultures, other cultures assimilate to us.

I read that as
Bring them on. We will assimilate them.
I gotcha now. My bad.

There,back on topic.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #41 - 01/07/16 at 10:23:40

as more stories about the assaults on New Year's night in Germany start trickling out, it seems a far more severe incident then was first reported.

I suspect the European news agencies are following the same pattern US news agencies tend to follow when they report incidents  involving black teenagers. Just a couple weeks ago in Minneapolis there was a massive group running through a mall. They were specifically targeting white shoppers. Of course that  wasn't reported. You have to go on YouTube and watch the various videos people posted.

so I guess the answer to the question that started this thread, how's that work for you?: not particularly well.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #42 - 01/07/16 at 12:15:06

A bunch of guns added to the mix would've been helpful... Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #43 - 01/07/16 at 12:27:03

A bunch of guns added to the mix would've been helpful

Hey, we agree again.

I think it would have been cool had they pulled out some pistols and blew their ball$ off.....

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #44 - 01/07/16 at 13:00:24

nothing to see here... move along now... just your random pick-pockets, druggies. some hookers... not to worry...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35256576

Looks like even the bbc has changed it's tune from just a day or so ago.

Reminds me of something Ayn Rand said:

“We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality”

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 15:35:36

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › How's that working out for you?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.