Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 23
Send Topic Print
Twisted Sister Ralley 2016 (Read 3025 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Twisted Sister Ralley 2016
Reply #30 - 08/26/15 at 21:33:26

"O" he got me !  Embarrassed

It was pouring rain when I left , and I didn't want to trailer , so what do ya do ?    Huh

Running into rain after ya leave is one thing but to leave in a down pour is hard to do ...  Undecided

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #31 - 08/26/15 at 21:48:59

Kenny G wrote on 08/26/15 at 18:12:37:
I rode from Lancaster, Pennsylvania to Daytona Beach Florida a total of twenty times over my lifetime, beginning in 1960 and the last time in 1996. The ride was 950 miles each way and the best time I ever made was 21 hours. I missed the recognition of being an "Iron Ass" by 50 miles more than half of the trips The ride was done the last week of February and I would return home the second week in March. After traveling home and getting into the snow of 1996 I decided that a motorcycle was no longer my favorite way of travel. I rode a over 300,000 miles that I can prove, and probably
another 100,000 that I didn't document.

I am not going to make any excuses for wanting to travel to a motorcycle ride event in a pickup truck or a trailer.

If any of the critics are still riding when they are 77 years old I will still be around to congratulate them and probably still riding.

Kenny G

That's some serious mileage, my hat's off to you
300 miles on a Savage is bearable, with mods and company, but for slab running alone I'm on your side, that's why I didn't even tink of riding to NC

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #32 - 08/26/15 at 21:53:01

MMRanch wrote on 08/26/15 at 21:33:26:
"O" he got me !  Embarrassed

It was pouring rain when I left , and I didn't want to trailer , so what do ya do ?    Huh

Running into rain after ya leave is one thing but to leave in a down pour is hard to do ...  Undecided

And then we all set out riding and got rained on the whole 200 miles to Kerrville from my place, (POURED ON the last 50 or so) so much fun
Me and Springman got dumped on, heavy, on the way to, and from, NC
We were both really glad w were in the truck hauling the bikes
maybe with a good seat and boards....

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #33 - 08/27/15 at 03:21:59

Kenny G wrote on 08/26/15 at 18:12:37:
If any of the critics are still riding when they are 77 years old I will still be around to congratulate them and probably still riding.
Kenny G

From the original ride thread (as defined by Art Webb):
Quote:
Geezer taxonomy
Geezling 40+
Geezoid 50+
Geezer 60+
Geezosaur 70+
Geezolith 80+
Geez! 90+

Hope you can make it! (no matter how you get here!)  We didn't have a Geezosaur last time!  Cheesy

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #34 - 08/27/15 at 05:33:32

Guyz,

I hope to be able to go along on the ride as a Geezosaur, and if I don't make this one there will be one the following year.

I will be around for a long time.

Kenny G

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #35 - 08/27/15 at 16:16:33

I usually ride the bike, but I "could" make an exception if someone would prefer to haul the bike.
The wife and I are thinking about acquiring a trailer for two, because she doesn't want to take the "long way around" Smiley
So a trailer is in the future, I am planning on an enclosed one that I can adapt to make it a "camper-ish" setup.
I think it would prove to be quite a project for me (I am in need of a project at this time) and a possible income if I do it up right and a few folks want one.
Since the time frame is so far away, i'll start looking for the "right stuff" now and keep you all informed Smiley

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #36 - 08/28/15 at 06:29:59

I hope we don't have to deal with the rain next year , can't say I wouldn't "chicken out" again !  I'm up in the "geezer" area now  😂 and glad to be here. ...   Given some SUN SHINE I'll ride down the Nathez Tràce and camp at the South end of it next year. ☺

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #37 - 08/28/15 at 07:04:24

Given a nice road tor travel and time to burn, I'd likely ride, in good weather, but on the slab I might haul instead
If I used a trailer I could leave the cap on the truck, so if I wound up in a tent spot I still have something better than a tent to sleep in  Wink

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #38 - 09/02/15 at 20:59:59

I think I have showed the pictures of "Stone Hinge" to everybody I know at least twice now.

0419151041-00_001.jpg

MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #39 - 09/02/15 at 21:16:58

There was a place we met for breakfast the last day of our trip.   It had the best breakfast burro I've ever had , it was homemade by somebody who must have grown-up making them.    Tongue

That Bugger place in the middle of no-where was top notch too.  We would have to have a guide to ever find it again .   It was totally unexpected when it just popped up .   The way I remember it was : We came around a dune and Poof --- there it was .  Cool

If we could I'd like to drive by the Alamo next time --- not stop or get caught in traffic , but just drive by and see it from the road.  

Smiley

verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #40 - 09/02/15 at 22:34:19

MMRanch wrote on 09/02/15 at 21:16:58:
There was a place we met for breakfast the last day of our trip.   It had the best breakfast burro I've ever had , it was homemade by somebody who must have grown-up making them.    Tongue

It was a gas station in comfort.

WWW   IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #41 - 09/03/15 at 02:42:23

MMRanch wrote on 09/02/15 at 21:16:58:

That Bugger place in the middle of no-where was top notch too.  We would have to have a guide to ever find it again .   It was totally unexpected when it just popped up .   The way I remember it was : We came around a dune and Poof --- there it was .  Cool

If we could I'd like to drive by the Alamo next time --- not stop or get caught in traffic , but just drive by and see it from the road.  

Smiley

You want to go downtown San Antonio to see the Alamo??  oooookkkkaayyyyyy..  we'll see..   remind me later!

Is this that "Bugger" place?  You did seem to enjoy it..  Grin

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #42 - 09/03/15 at 06:20:41

YEA BUDDY !  Wink   Some things are just hard-not-to-like  .  Roll Eyes

Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #43 - 09/05/15 at 07:55:46

I've been to the Alamo as a kid, it was neat, back then
Not sure going there on a bike for a ride by will be the same, but if it can be done during non traffic jam hours I could deal with that
The Burritos in Comfort were a comfort indeed, and the burgers were good, once you got past the wait time (getting to the potty wqs a bit more trying though  Grin)

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #44 - 09/11/15 at 20:07:34

I got a "RABBIT" in the mail .  Roll Eyes

It looks like a Meat Eater type with Red Eyes ,  Big Feet , Sharp Teeth and Claws  Grin      Kinda looks like I feel when I get cut-off in traffic.  Roll Eyes

This Rabbit is stuck on a round patch so it ought to be safe enough .  Wink

Think I'll stick it on a jacket or something.  Smiley

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 23
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 05:39:09

General CategoryThe Cafe › Twisted Sister Ralley 2016

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.