Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
bogging after valve adjustment (Read 362 times)
HighME32

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: bogging after valve adjustment
Reply #45 - 10/27/14 at 09:59:47

Thanks Dave! I think the dealer is charging $34. The OEM ones in ebay are going for about $28 with $3 shipping. I think I'll just get it from the dealer and save the wait.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #46 - 10/27/14 at 10:01:16

There are two vent hoses....one on each side and they are identical.  You should have both of them on the bike.....that is why Suzuki put two of them on the bike.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #47 - 10/27/14 at 10:28:18

HighME32 wrote on 10/26/14 at 11:56:46:
So I just read the petcock conversion thread and it sounds like it's worth a try for me. In the past i have heard and seen a little explosion of gas out of my airfilter when I shut the bike off. I will check for gas in the vaccum line today. What's funny is I called the local salvaged motorcycle parts shop down the street asking for the raptor petcock for this switch and the guy went ape$#!+ on me. He said im a follower not a leader and he should close his doors tonpeople like me for following the advice of forums. Haha. He said I sould just replace the rubber parts of my stock petcock. Anyway, I eill try the raptor. I saw a ton on ebay for dirt cheap <$10. I think I should get OEM though cuz that just sounds too cheap.

So, as long as you follow His idea of smart, you're okay...
I'd try really hard to Not be in that guys place again.
Go to a Yamaha shop, I spent under 30 bucks, no wait, no freight, and, I had the old petcock in my hand,so I was certain of the fit.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
HighME32

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #48 - 10/29/14 at 01:04:53

Hey Dave, I noticed that both of my vent hoses are in it's outlet or inlet that doesn't have a hose. I think it is some kind of california emissions add on to the savage carb. Can I plug it. I have no idea what it does.

picture1414569930.jpg
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #49 - 10/29/14 at 03:38:28

I dunno......I live in Kentucky!

Dave

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #50 - 10/29/14 at 08:32:20

HighME32 wrote on 10/29/14 at 01:04:53:
Hey Dave, I noticed that both of my vent hoses are in it's outlet or inlet that doesn't have a hose. I think it is some kind of california emissions add on to the savage carb. Can I plug it. I have no idea what it does.

I'm sure one of the guys will be able to tell you, but until then. Start your bike.... put your finger over the exposed end... if it sucks on it, its a vacuum.. cap it....   If it is pushing air out or no pressure either way, stick a hose on it and vent it with the other lines....

Was it always that way? or did you remove a line when you did the raptor?

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #51 - 10/29/14 at 08:38:20

That port goes to the carbon canister, I just cap mine.

WWW   IP Logged
HighME32

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #52 - 10/29/14 at 09:16:57

Hi Old Rider,
The carb has been like that ever since I got the bike from my cousin,  about 6K miles ago. His mechanic took it off.

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #53 - 10/29/14 at 09:18:41

If there is no pressure coming out or going in, then cap it like the vacuum one, to keep out dirt.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
HighME32

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #54 - 10/29/14 at 10:14:43

Good idea! By the way, I just installed the raptor petcock and was going to use the fram g3 filter, but I thinknit is way too big. I guess they dont make them that small anymore. Any suggestions for other good filters that are out now. I might go with 5/16 inlets if I can't find one in 3/8 that is small. That is after all the size of the carb inlet and petcock outlet.  Hope everything is resolved when I testdrive today.

picture1414559062_001.jpg
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #55 - 10/29/14 at 11:47:50

Why don't you trust the stock fuel screens to work well enough?

The openings the fuel screens are most likely smaller than the Pilot Jet, and if you are getting deposits int the float bowl from parking the bike for a month and letting the fuel in the float bowl deteriorate.....the filter is not going to stop that.

IP Logged
HighME32

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #56 - 10/29/14 at 14:10:28

Hi Dave,
For now I will have to, simce the filter recommended I. This forum is way too big. I cant stuff it anywhere without my leg hitting it when I ride. At least I have the raptor petcock now and can shut off my fuel and let the engine eat up the gas in the float bowl.

IP Logged
HighME32

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #57 - 10/29/14 at 14:12:26

Thanks for the info Verslagen! Ill plug it.

IP Logged
HighME32

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #58 - 10/29/14 at 15:53:06

Hi Verslagen,
Quick question. I assume you have a california savage also. Sinced you plugged this cap, did it have an effect on your gas tank? I dont even know where the vent tube would be since ryca chops their tanks up. Did you have to take out the rubber gasket from your stock gas cap. I do notice the cap "meows" from time to time as another forum member stated.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #59 - 10/29/14 at 16:38:04

Yep, cali model.
The hose that attached to the carb went to the carbon canister below the swingarm, I removed mine.  There was also a hose that went from the carbon can to the tank, it had a connection near the carb.  The vent tube connects under the tank in the tunnel, near the front.  I left the vent tube on, routed it forward near the tree so I can see the end while riding, not necessary, but nice to know it ain't leakin'.  My tank doesn't meow any more.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 23:37:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › bogging after valve adjustment

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.