Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Re: Hot Earth...
Reply #75 - 05/12/14 at 22:13:41

North Country Girl wrote on 05/12/14 at 17:13:23:
“She (my wife) thinks she, is a he, based on her, he, its...... vile anger.”

he, she, it?.. sounds like your wife is a nut sir, and a vile nasty one at that.

And there it is, the real you  Wink

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #76 - 05/12/14 at 23:26:55

Anybody got anything intelligent to say?...

I doubt it... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #77 - 05/12/14 at 23:27:16

'splain sumtin to me...
north pole ice is 12,000,000 km2
south pole ice is 1,349,000 km2

earth is...
510,072,000 km2
148,940,000 km2 (29.2%) land
361,132,000 km2 (70.8 %) water

How does 1/500th of the earth in ice cover the earth with a foot of water?

BTW, antartic ice is at a 30 year high.

WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #78 - 05/12/14 at 23:56:01

Rather than ask any of us dumbasses... Grin...
... why not ask these guys, and get back to us with the answer?...(.. they can probably explain it better than me)...
... and, they have a Q/A tab...
http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/
My point being...
I don't have to know the climate better than you guys... (although, I believe I do... because I listen to people that know much more than me)...
I just have to turn to 97% of climate experts...
You guys,... have to convince the world that you know more than all of those experts...

Then.
Would you care to argue string theory with Stephen Hawking?...
...or challenge Kasparov to a game of chess?...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #79 - 05/13/14 at 03:29:56

& yet, the architects & engineers who try to explain to the people who want to buy the politicians lies on 9/11 are idiots.
& NO, Unless you can show me 97%, there arent anywhere NEAR 97%. No one wants to talk about the Scientists who USED to sell the GW thing.. Is the climate changing?

YEAH, It IS,

We Used to have HUGE Glaciers in North America.
Did we cause them to go away?
Are we having some impact on the climate?
Most likely. What part is "ours"? What part is just Earth Changing?
NOW

ONE More TIME

How will paying carbon taxes to Gore fix it?

Lets hear some answers to the problem,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #80 - 05/13/14 at 04:02:02

My last post on the matter.....too ugly to play here anymore.

Is sumtin up re: GW......????

I dunno  Lips Sealed

What I do know:

The planet has never been this age before, is it a normal occurrence for it to warm as it ages?
No one knows the answer to that, period.

If Al Gore, the poster boy of GW believed the extreme, and dire consequences of his prophecy, he would NOT live with such a giant green footprint.

Watching this video of him makes me wonder if he "tipped his hand" and used fear as the motivation to address the green issue, except his green of concern was not the green, of greenhouse gas, no, but green in his pocket.  Angry

The first video upper left corner

http://us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=al+gore+yelling+they+played+on+o...

And finally, if  I was really concerned of the welfare of friends, I would never deal with them from anger, belittling, or ultimatums, in trying to convince them of the risk they expose themselves too......
Kinda like the Crusaders, in justifying their actions in saving the heathen......

dawg out  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
shorty
Serious Thumper

be careful out there
gentlemen

southern NM
Reply #81 - 05/13/14 at 04:37:37

North Country wrote:
he, she, it?.. sounds like your wife is a nut sir, and a vile nasty one at that.

North country wrote:
Mr. Mark, Why did God make you so stupid? It can't just be about giving the rest of us something to laugh about!
_  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _
I have NEVER seen posts here attacking a member's family until now
north country promised to go away, why do the posts continue?  Lips Sealed

motorcycles have been my main transport since 1974
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #82 - 05/13/14 at 04:41:06

OK, boys and girls, we have two choices here:

1. Open Wikipedia and read the page on the Science of Studying the Climate, "PALEOCLIMATOLOGY",

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleoclimatology

You will learn there is a "Greenhouse Earth" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenhouse_and_icehouse_Earth but also an "Icehouse Earth" ...

2. Go to Washington, D.C., and visit the Museum of Natural History www.mnh.si.edu and while you're at it,
see the most interesting conference on "Climate Change throughout the Past" http://www.mnh.si.edu/calEvents/one-time-events.asp?trumbaEmbed=eventid%3D108...

Now, all, please bear in mind we are talking about a Planet which is quite a few BILLION years old, and whose cycles are in the range of THOUSANDS of years to achieve anything worthwhile...

...to claim "the sky is falling!" because there have been 10 years of "whatever", followed by another few years of "whatever else",
is like a 13-y.o. teenage girl screaming she'll be ugly for life because she has ONE PIMPLE.

LAST.

As North Country is so good at copy&pasting from Wikipedia, may I please attempt a try myself.

Carbon dioxide (chemical formula CO2) is a naturally occurring chemical compound composed of 2 oxygen atoms each covalently double bonded to a single carbon atom.
It is a gas at standard temperature and pressure and exists in Earth's atmosphere in this state, as a trace gas at a concentration of 0.04 per cent (400 ppm) by volume, as of 2014.[1]

As part of the carbon cycle, plants, algae, and cyanobacteria use light energy to photosynthesize carbohydrate from carbon dioxide and water, with oxygen produced as a waste product.

The environmental effects of carbon dioxide are of significant interest. Atmospheric carbon dioxide is the primary source of carbon in life on Earth and its concentration in Earth's pre-industrial atmosphere since late in the Precambrian eon was regulated by photosynthetic organisms.

Plants require carbon dioxide to conduct photosynthesis. Greenhouses may (if of large size, must) enrich their atmospheres with additional CO2 to sustain and increase plant growth.[24][25] A photosynthesis-related drop (by a factor less than two) in carbon dioxide concentration in a greenhouse compartment would kill green plants, or, at least, completely stop their growth.

Carbon dioxide in Earth's atmosphere is considered a trace gas currently occurring at an average concentration of about 400 parts per million by volume[1] (or 591 parts per million by mass). The total mass of atmospheric carbon dioxide is 3.16×1015 kg (about 3,000 gigatonnes).[citation needed] Its concentration varies seasonally (see graph at right) and also considerably on a regional basis, especially near the ground. In urban areas concentrations are generally higher and indoors they can reach 10 times background levels. Carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas.

Before the advent of human-caused release of carbon dioxide to the atmosphere, concentrations tended to increase with increasing global temperatures, acting as a positive feedback for changes induced by other processes such as orbital cycles.[39] There is a seasonal cycle in CO2 concentration associated primarily with the Northern Hemisphere growing season.[40]

Five hundred million years ago carbon dioxide was 20 times more prevalent than today, decreasing to 4–5 times during the Jurassic period and then slowly declining with a particularly swift reduction occurring 49 million years ago.[41][42] Human activities such as the combustion of fossil fuels and deforestation have caused the atmospheric concentration of carbon dioxide to increase by about 35% since the beginning of the age of industrialization.[43]

Up to 40% of the gas emitted by some volcanoes during subaerial eruptions is carbon dioxide.[44] It is estimated that volcanoes release about 130–230 million tonnes (145–255 million short tons) of CO2 into the atmosphere each year. Carbon dioxide is also produced by hot springs .

Now, please read the yellow enhanced again.

Now, please tell me where SUVs, Al Gore and the Carbon Tax fit in this picture.  Angry

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #83 - 05/13/14 at 05:04:23

shorty wrote on 05/13/14 at 04:37:37:
North Country wrote:

North country wrote:
Mr. Mark, Why did God make you so stupid? It can't just be about giving the rest of us something to laugh about!
_  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _
I have NEVER seen posts here attacking a member's family until now
north country promised to go away, why do the posts continue?  Lips Sealed

Two points on that Shorty: 1) there was a "man" on here before who spun a bizarre rape/murder scenario using my daughter as the victim. I see a lot in common with "ms. North country" here....  2) when will Galactic Emperor of Censorship smack the little girl on the hand? I get post deleted if I'm just a bit harsh on his favorite "girl"....

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #84 - 05/13/14 at 05:16:36

Here's what we should do with this debate. Pick one and only one "fact" and examine it (and nothing else) until it's exhausted. Sorry JOG, but this is how I know your 9/11 ideas are wrong. When I narrow down to one item and research all the possibilities, your conspiracy completely falls apart.

So, along those lines, I suggest anyone interested research the 97% consensus claim. Is it really 97%?  I seem to recall reading something a while ago saying 400 scientist in this field signed a letter saying they did not agree with the IPCC. I'm no math genius, but that means there has to be at least 13,500 who do agree. How many freaking climate scientist are in this world anyway......!  Seriously, is it really 97%? Sounds like we have homework to do.

Sew? You in or do you plan on repeating what President Hopey tells you?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #85 - 05/13/14 at 06:36:20

I do enjoy a well turned phrase..

...to claim "the sky is falling!" because there have been 10 years of "whatever", followed by another few years of "whatever else",
is like a 13-y.o. teenage girl screaming she'll be ugly for life because she has ONE PIMPLE.

& the CO2 concentration has been demonstrated to have been higher in ice cores. Its just incredible that people continue to accept the fear mongering.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #86 - 05/13/14 at 09:26:37

WebsterMark wrote on 05/13/14 at 05:16:36:

Here's what we should do with this debate. Pick one and only one "fact" and examine it (and nothing else) until it's exhausted. Sorry JOG, but this is how I know your 9/11 ideas are wrong. When I narrow down to one item and research all the possibilities, your conspiracy completely falls apart.

So, along those lines, I suggest anyone interested research the 97% consensus claim. Is it really 97%?  I seem to recall reading something a while ago saying 400 scientist in this field signed a letter saying they did not agree with the IPCC. I'm no math genius, but that means there has to be at least 13,500 who do agree. How many freaking climate scientist are in this world anyway......!  Seriously, is it really 97%? Sounds like we have homework to do.

Sew? You in or do you plan on repeating what President Hopey tells you?

I posted some links regarding this, the alarmists came up with the 97% (kinda like Saddam Huisein's re-election numbers) and is a junk figure. Maybe they are including TV weather personalities as scientists... Grin

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #87 - 05/13/14 at 09:39:19

I posted one as well...
Pointless... nobody watches or reads...
...or they watch just enough to say it's not true...
Not true because it disagrees with them... Tongue...

Basically,.. the reason the "32,000" scientists sounds too big is because it is...
There are not that many...  The dissenting number includes any person with a degree in any subject, and even those are taken on their word...
Here you have people with BA's in accounting, and Sports medicine claiming to be climate experts....
Among actual climate experts, there is 97% consensus...
Serowbot wrote on 05/07/14 at 12:55:38:
http://www.skepticalscience.com/global-warming-scientific-consensus.htm
Excuse all the smoking/cancer visuals... but, the facts are there...

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #88 - 05/13/14 at 10:02:00

okay, watched it.

Point 1) I have plenty examples of the exact information as this video in a paper format  from 'the other side' (minus the cancer scare tactics) that very specifically shows scientist were 'tricked' the same way as this video showed into being counted as endorsing 100% the IPCC's position.
here's a article in Forbes . in fact, the guy who started the weather channel for one, but plenty of others.

( http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestaylor/2013/02/13/peer-reviewed-survey-finds... )

and I could literally find dozens others.

point 2) and this is important, your video says this guy and others who oppose IPCC's position are tied to industries which rely on fossil fuel so therefore these scientist are not reliable since they have been corrupted by money.  I would ask you honestly, do you think scientist on the other side are immune to corruption? I can find story after story of scientist who have lost grants and appointments because they did not endorse the IPCC's position. Furthermore, the 'business' side of climate change is exploding. (Try finding a conservative professor in many of the nation's leading universities.)

I say it's clear the majority of scientist agree with the statement mankind has some influence over the climate. I don't think anyone would argue with that fact.  

But the two key questions are: 1) do a majority of scientist in this field agree with the IPCC's model of predicted warming? and 2) do a majority of scientist agree this warming is primarily (90%+) caused by human activity related to greenhouse gas creating?

I think it is certain that the % answering yes to both those questions is not 97% which is what Obama and the UN imply. Furthemore, it seems likely the number of people answering yes to both those questions is decreasing, not increasing.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #89 - 05/13/14 at 10:13:34

WebsterMark wrote on 05/13/14 at 10:02:00:
I say it's clear the majority of scientist agree with the statement mankind has some influence over the climate. I don't think anyone would argue with that fact.  

I think it is certain that the % answering yes to both those questions is not 97% which is what Obama and the UN imply. Furthemore, it seems likely the number of people answering yes to both those questions is decreasing, not increasing.

So,.. let's say 85%... or 80%...
I wouldn't say all science is incorruptible...but, it is scrutinized through peer revue...
This cannot be said of the opposing view...
I spent years working around egghead scientists... and I know they love nothing more than to disagree with each other, and shoot down theories...
They are questioning and sceptical by nature...
... and their consensus is not in decline,.. it is growing...

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/01/24 at 18:52:19

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Hot Earth...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.