Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Hot Earth...
05/03/14 at 09:12:06

Okay,.. everybody plant just one more tree in your yard...
It won't fix nuttin'... but it can't hurt...
...and it's a nice spot to drink a beer and contemplate yer' navel...

Many parts of the world just went through a wicked winter,... we here in Az didn't even come close to a winter... we had 3 chilly days in November and that's it...
Globally,... the average temperature was up.. and that's what makes the climate change a reality...
That is "Global" warming... or what is now called "Climate change"...
The name change wasn't a change in facts,.. just a new way of looking at them...
This warming is going to cause wicked cold storms and weather...
Why?...
The oceans are the storm engine of the planet...
Warmer waters will make more extreme weather...(bigger, badder, storms)...
Like we just had...
Also,... higher sea levels... just a few feet, may seem like it don't matter....
... but 60 or 70% of the Earth's human population lives on coastal cities...
New York, London, Miami, LA, Houston, Venice, and a hundred other major cities will join Atlantis,... as mythical places that once were...

I'm in S.Az... 2600ft up and 400 miles from the ocean,.. why should I worry?...
Well,... I'm not near as worried as some people should be...
We are pretty dry here though... Huh...

Jus' plant a tree... where's the harm?...
Grin...

Whether we are the cause, or it's all mother nature doing her thing... it will still hurt us bad...
If all our efforts can only make 6" of difference... it could save 20 cities and millions of lives...
.. or, it could make a nice shady spot in yer' yard to drink a beer, and contemplate yer' navel...

PS... I'm building an ark... Grin Grin Grin...
...out of Savage head covers, belt guards,  and muffler shields...(donations accepted, but you must pay shipping... and include some nuts and bolts... gonna' need a lot of them)...
Grin Grin Grin...
Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: Hot Earth...
Reply #1 - 05/03/14 at 10:37:35

That ain't proof till my fishnet speedos are a hang'n on that line too.....

Not sure about the truth in GW, one thing fer sure is the planet has never been here before, perhaps this is what it does as it ages, I dunno.
What I do know is the extreme left, of the likes of algore, who has capitalized on it GREATLY, only to fuel the possibilities of more warming at the hands of man made CO2 by his lavish lifestyle (green footprint) and the incessant, angry, belittling of opposing opines, for political fodder, has not led to a more open and honest exchange, where if in fact the "charge" is true, makes their motivation all the more suspect.....and sad too, for it seems the green they are concerned with is their own $$$$$$$$    Undecided 

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 05/03/14 at 10:51:39

Im not saying our climate isnt affected by our actions. I think to do so would be ignoring glaringly obvious facts. However, in the 70's , in spite of all the industrial revolution & all the factories, most of which started out as ecological disaster areas, we saw cooling that lead scientists to predict a Mini Ice Age.. So, we know that the climate has more influential things acting on it than Just Us.. &, we have seen in recent years such things as polar caps on other planets melt, as out temps have risen, The sun is a powerful thing & greatly affects our climate. How MUCH of what we are seeing is to be blamed on us? Nobody knows that answer. AND, lets say we decide we are a major contributing factor.. Has anyone got a plan to actually change things enough to make a real impact? Just paying Gore carbon tax credit fees wont do it. What level of industry IS sustainable, should we discover that is the problem? Ive read things on this & what I read boiled down to ( I paraphrase) " We can alter our lives to 3rd world status, spend billions upon billions, & slow the increase by 10ths of a degree".. IOW, IF we are the real problem, even if we stopped doing nearly everything we are doing that causes the problem, the die have been cast & theyre comin up Snake Eyes..
If people will take the time & do some digging, theyll discover that Ken Lay & Al Gore dreamed this thing up, with carbon taxes being the greatest get rich scam since the federal reserve.
Which, BTW, is very difficult if not impossible to discover the owners of.. BUT, if ya look at the countries that have recently needed a good solid "Spreading of democracy" in,, youll see they havent been participants in the Rothschild central banking scheme.

Not a one.. each & every one were sovereign nations with their own currencies, they wouldnt accept IMF or any other loans..

John Sullivan ( I think thats his name) "Confessions of an Economic Hit Man".. Understand what thats about & eyes will be opened.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
shorty
Serious Thumper

be careful out there
gentlemen

southern NM
Reply #3 - 05/03/14 at 16:34:05

moving reply to this thread

Chicken Little: "the sky is falling"

scientific facts:

29% of earth's surface is land mass, humans occupy 1% of that 29% ..

when carbon dioxide levels rise, ocean plant life flourishes..
Atmospheric oxygen comes from plant life in the ocean NOT rain forests (20yrs ago the liberals were trying to save the rain forests)

when atmospheric oxygen levels rise, polar glaciation occurs which lowers sea temperature, quite simply: reverses any warming trend.

earth dynamics (ocean & atmospheric) cycle up and down in a sine-wave style when illustrated as a graph (as above replies illustrate)

20yrs ago liberals would have us believe shrinking rain forests would cause global oxygen depletion which we now know was false.
Today liberals believe man's puny 1% footprint of earth's LAND MASS (land = 29% of global surface) will effect global temperatures?

Earth oceanic & atmospheric conditions will continue to "cycle" normally as it has for millions of years.
Al Gore is Chicken Little

motorcycles have been my main transport since 1974
  IP Logged
North Country Girl

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bangor Maine
Reply #4 - 05/03/14 at 20:57:44

Mr. Shorty sir, what do you think you might gain by denying scientific fact?.. Other than making yourself appear misinformed?

Re-posting my comment from the “Looking at the data thread”.

Here is the gist, and some noted quotes and stats from an article I read recently (maybe in “scientific American”?) not sure.

Okay re-looked up some stats, here goes. First, the Co2 is safe myth. Yes I know that some scientists have said this is a safe level. The industry and government backed and funded scientists that make up the IPCC have endorsed this point of view.

If it is safe, ... why at only .8*C is the Arctic sea ice disappearing 80 years ahead of schedule, why are the continental glaciers melting, why is Antarctica emitting methane, why are vast areas of the permafrost in Alaska and Siberia thawing and emitting methane, why do so many scientists say the methane release from frozen sinks is an irreversible catastrophe threatening the survival of humanity?

Fact is 2*C is not safe. As we speak it is being proven that 2*C and still rising will guarantee 4*C, and a 4*C rise that isn't an absolute plateau, will lead to 6*C, which most agree is an end game for humanity. So why such a miscalculation?

Because the government restrained compilation of data from the IPCC has regarded climate change as a lineal equation, rather than a multidimensional interrelated system where the effect on one ecology or subsystem, is in effect realized by others. Where effects of a situation or system, feeds back not just onto itself, but unto the entire system complex.

It is all about thermal equilibrium, and a radiative forcing very near zero, last found pre industrial period at near 270 ppm CO2e. Much above that, and the planet slowly starts heating. At today’s levels near 397 ppm CO2 and 470+ CO2e, most all of the earth's thermal sub systems are in positive feedback. They are all feeding into global heating, which in turn will result in rising mean global surface temperatures. This is a frightening prediction of things to come.

North Country Girl   IP Logged
shorty
Serious Thumper

be careful out there
gentlemen

southern NM
Reply #5 - 05/04/14 at 05:51:06

North Country your ignorance would be laughable if not for the level of arrogance you open with..

you actually believe 80yrs has any significance in regards to earth history? you obviously don't read with comprehension and it shows.

You and Al Gore are genuine buffoons. You ignore facts laid out in front of you just to remain loyal to the failed liberal agendas

motorcycles have been my main transport since 1974
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 05/04/14 at 07:19:48

North Country Girl wrote on 05/03/14 at 20:57:44:
Mr. Shorty sir, what do you think you might gain by denying scientific fact?.. Other than making yourself appear misinformed?

Re-posting my comment from the “Looking at the data thread”.

Here is the gist, and some noted quotes and stats from an article I read recently (maybe in “scientific American”?) not sure.

Okay re-looked up some stats, here goes. First, the Co2 is safe myth. Yes I know that some scientists have said this is a safe level. The industry and government backed and funded scientists that make up the IPCC have endorsed this point of view.

If it is safe, ... why at only .8*C is the Arctic sea ice disappearing 80 years ahead of schedule, why are the continental glaciers melting, why is Antarctica emitting methane, why are vast areas of the permafrost in Alaska and Siberia thawing and emitting methane, why do so many scientists say the methane release from frozen sinks is an irreversible catastrophe threatening the survival of humanity?

Fact is 2*C is not safe. As we speak it is being proven that 2*C and still rising will guarantee 4*C, and a 4*C rise that isn't an absolute plateau, will lead to 6*C, which most agree is an end game for humanity. So why such a miscalculation?

Because the government restrained compilation of data from the IPCC has regarded climate change as a lineal equation, rather than a multidimensional interrelated system where the effect on one ecology or subsystem, is in effect realized by others. Where effects of a situation or system, feeds back not just onto itself, but unto the entire system complex.

It is all about thermal equilibrium, and a radiative forcing very near zero, last found pre industrial period at near 270 ppm CO2e. Much above that, and the planet slowly starts heating. At today’s levels near 397 ppm CO2 and 470+ CO2e, most all of the earth's thermal sub systems are in positive feedback. They are all feeding into global heating, which in turn will result in rising mean global surface temperatures. This is a frightening prediction of things to come.

Heed your own advice much?

But please do not waste my time in imploring me to repost information already covered. Secondly, whatever information you may be at odds with, please do your own research sir.

Please tell me who it was that implored you......
We have ways to deal with them.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 05/04/14 at 17:18:59

Here's why your plant a tree idea is a bad one. It distorts reality and over emphasizes a problem that is minor. The Left would rather see others in the undeveloped world stay that way so it will help appease their guilt.....
Read the great article at the link below.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB100014240527023033800045795217914003952...

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #8 - 05/04/14 at 17:40:04

When planting a tree becomes a bad idea,.. you have let yer' politics run off with yer' common sense...

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #9 - 05/04/14 at 17:53:00

Perhaps this should be in it's own thread.  If fossil fuels are that big of a concern now, what is the world going to be like in 40 years? The global population is expected to surpass 10B.  How are that many people going to inhabit the planet in a manner other than 3rd world conditions in every every continent?

JOG may be right again - Georgia Guide Stones.

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 05/04/14 at 18:46:31

Serowbot wrote on 05/04/14 at 17:40:04:
When planting a tree becomes a bad idea,.. you have let yer' politics run off with yer' common sense...

No, when YOU turn planting a tree into a cause, you know your politics have run off with common sense. You posted this plant a tree thing as a political statement, nothing more. Plant a tree, flip a switch, turn your lights on so you feel better about yourself but leave undeveloped countries to $hit outside in the dark.

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #11 - 05/05/14 at 01:36:51

OK boys & girls, now STOP IT! or else I get mad at you...  Angry
Wink

Anybody out there ever been in the 3rd Grade ? Ever heard of the Dinosaurs ?

How were the temperatures back then ? Ever heard of "Paleometereologists" ? Ever heard of "Tree Rings" and "Petrified Forests" ?

Exactly WHEN did Man begin measuring temperatures with accurate and reliable instruments, and keep historical records ?

First things first, back in the days of the dinosaurs, Earth temperatures were much higher, and humidity was much higher than today.
Fossil evidence shows that large dinosaurs (cold blooded animals)roamed not only portions of now semitropical Earth, but also areas which today are continental or even semi-arctic.
Fossil evidence being not only the dinos themselves, but mostly plant life.
Where are the largest coal deposits? In modern-day semiarctic areas.
Ancient rain forests in North Germany, Canada and Siberia ? YUP !

Secondly, studying tree rings in petrified forests tells us a lot on how the climate was in those days.
High temperatures, high humidity, high CO2 (where were factories and fossil fuels back then ?  Huh ) no polar ice caps...

The planet has lived through many, many hot-cold cycles.
3rd Grade tells us that the last Ice Age ended about 12000 BC.
TO ME that means the planet has been warming for the last 14000 years.

Fossil fuels only came around the 1700's... in the form of COAL, mostly in Germany and England.
THAT's when smog started. GMC and your neighbor's SUV has nothing to do with it.
Your Sunday BBQ should be fined and shut down because hot coals produce zillion times more CO and CO2 than a SUV cruising at 60mph...

Where does CO2 come from ?

1. Decomposing sea plants - try stopping that !
2. Volcanoes - try putting a lid on those !
3. Farting cattle... YUP! A toast to Gyrobiob and his "wheat belly" thing... Roll Eyes
4. Decomposing plant life on dry land
5. Ordinary breathing of ALL animal life on Earth and natural forest fires,
6. Man-made Industry, for the last 2-5% of ALL GLOBAL YEARLY CO2 production;
I say 2-5% because it depends on the area.

So shut down your air conditioning, ride a bicycle the 25 miles to work, have a cold shower, eat more home-grown eggs and veggies, and stop buying all produce that comes from more than 50 miles away (no more Idaho potatoes...)

OR

Get a grip, and realize you can't stop the Earth from spinning...
...it's just another cycle...
...the real problem is the spin doctors are making the gullibles think it's the end of the world...

PS

Exactly WHEN did Man begin measuring temperatures with accurate and reliable instruments, and keep historical records ?
Answer: around 1860.
Which means we have NO IDEA of how temperatures were from the times of Adam& Eve until 1860, other than looking at tree rings...

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 05/05/14 at 08:50:48

You wont get anywhere pointing out the Great Lakes were gouged out by glaciers. These people have literally been raised believing in a Boogie Man. When Duponts patent on R-12 was about to run out, suddenly it was a bad thing & had to be stopped,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #13 - 05/05/14 at 09:18:28

JOG, accusing others of seeing boogiemen?... Undecided...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #14 - 05/05/14 at 09:42:12

No one taught me they were there. I believe the things I believe based on ME looking for answers, because, IMO, there are many, many loose end when I accept the "answers" I am just given. The masses buy into what there told to worry about,, YOu guys wanna worry about something, fight against GMOs.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 05:12:12

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Hot Earth...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.