Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Re: Hot Earth...
Reply #105 - 05/13/14 at 16:25:49

Serowbot wrote on 05/13/14 at 16:16:21:
Dane Allen wrote on 05/13/14 at 16:09:14:
Ummm, I didn't post this but it's under my name.... Huh Huh Huh

Sorry Dane,..  I deleted it...
I button malfunctioned again...  not intentional...
I think I'm having a Linux/firefox compatibility problem...
Sometimes I type a single letter,... and sentences jump around, and buttons get pressed that I didn't touch...
It's doing it as I type this now... Tongue...
I hate Linux... it just don't work right... Angry...

Is it Mint? Try the Opera browser....

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #106 - 05/13/14 at 17:28:22

Eeeek!.. another new thing to learn?...
Maybe I will,... it might be worth it...

It's just I'm addicted to all my FF add-ons... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #107 - 05/13/14 at 18:17:54

Serowbot wrote on 05/13/14 at 17:28:22:
Eeeek!.. another new thing to learn?...
Maybe I will,... it might be worth it...

It's just I'm addicted to all my FF add-ons... Huh...

Opera has those too, many of the same ones as FF...you can run them side-by-side as you get used to the new browser.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #108 - 05/13/14 at 18:44:21

Serowbot wrote on 05/13/14 at 12:39:09:
WebsterMark wrote on 05/13/14 at 12:24:41:
So someone else needs to weigh in......  is the 97% figure true or false?

We started speaking civilly,... and lost our audience... Grin...

I know you jest (mostly)..... but I can still read without commenting.
A relaxed environment (no pun intended) is a good place to savor, and digest, the opposing viewpoints.

I already shared I don't know one way or the other about the topic, but what turns me off is when it becomes a wedge issue.
Case in point, it seems to me carbon offset is punitive in nature, does nothing to remedy the claim, and is based on what appears to be suppositions of scenarios when you factor in all the climate change(s) this sphere has seen, which, can be documented as fact.
It reminds me of the "bible belt" and laws against homosexuality, etc, based on "their" beliefs of what God wants them to do, so they (homosexuals) won't perish to hell......

So please, continue in the spirit of exchange, I can appreciate it.
I would even venture to say the best outcome of conflict resolution is when both factions reverse their beliefs 180 degrees, now that is powerful  Kiss

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
North Country Girl

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bangor Maine
Reply #109 - 05/13/14 at 19:30:27

One more red-faced angry post here, and then lets indeed have a cooler environment to continue our dialog.  

North Country wrote:
he, she, it?.. sounds like your wife is a nut sir, and a vile nasty one at that.

“I have NEVER seen posts here attacking a member's family until now.”

Mr. Shorty, if your wife wishes to chime in and spew such a vile attack toward me (a part of a family myself) such as: “She (my wife) thinks she, is a he, based on her, he, its”….then I suggest sir that you are living in a glass house (if you get my drift). Perhaps your wife should head back to her kitchen.

Whaaa, sob… always the victim aren’t you sir.

“Matthew Shepard was not killed by anti-gay cowboys.  He was murdered by a drug crazed lover.” Mr. Mark

…have you no shame sir!

Revisionist history really pisses me off. I put as much stock into this particular bullsh!t as I do any of your  bullsh!t... That is to say, none.

Note:
Journalist Stephen Jimenez's The Book of Matt: Hidden Truths about the Murder of Matthew Shepard makes the bombshell claim that illicit drug use, not homophobia, was the central factor in the gay University of Wyoming student's brutal 1998 murder. Shepard truthers in the right-wing media have pounced on the book to assail hate crime legislation and the larger push for LGBT rights. But Jimenez's argument is tainted by its reliance on wild extrapolation, the use of highly questionable and often inconsistent sources, paranoia that critics of his work are engaged in a "cover-up" of politically sensitive truths, and the cavalier dismissal of any evidence that runs contrary to his central thesis.

The truth about Matthew's murder is that ignorant hateful juvenile redneck boys playing a lethal game of "Smear the Q---r", a game that they learned in the third grade schoolyard as societal instruction on how to hate the LGBT individuals, decided that they would roll Matthew because "everybody knows those people ain't like us, and deserve what they get, haw haw". Aw, ma, we was just havin' a little fun with the f*g, haw haw".

It's a classic case of brutal gay rolling. End of story. Why anyone would even pay attention to this deranged, hateful lying drivel Jimenez is profiting on is beyond comprehension, except that in the twisted, deluded conservative minds of gay haters.

It is so tiring to refute the bizarre notions of those who live in an alternate reality… Think/believe whatever floats your boat people…the earth is only 6000 years old, the moon is made of green cheese, we know this because the moon landings were a hoax. Climate change is not happening, it’s just an attempt to fool people because________ (fill in the blank). Drug crazed homo’s murdered Matthew Shepard, liberals hate America, Bush was the best president ever! Saddam had WMD and caused 9/11..And God only knows whatever else you guys believe
Go for it. This TT thread is a joke. A fool’s paradise occupied by the useful and gullible tools of corporate America propaganda.

North Country Girl   IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #110 - 05/13/14 at 20:25:16

I'm ignoring you. Go away.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #111 - 05/14/14 at 05:06:51

We've beat the 97% thing to death. Personally, I believe I scored a technical knockout on sew because I presented more evidence that the 97% is false than he did it was true. He did come up with good evidence against the 32,000 report, I'll give him that. However, I found credible reports with hundreds of names saying they do not agree with IPCC. If these represent 3%, then that means there are hundreds of thousands of climate scientist which doesn't seem reasonable. Secondly, the Climategate emails remove the "holier than thou" high ground the scientist retreat to when challenged.

This is how you debate topics, take one small section and beat the snot out of it.

Need a new GW (sorry, climate change) topic to hash out. (Not the kind you smoke).

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #112 - 05/14/14 at 07:27:26

If science is what ya want.. Here, now , accept it./

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #113 - 05/14/14 at 08:57:08

I've seen the no warming for 17 years before, but I've never seen a rebuttal from climate change scientist to explain this. anyone have a readable explanation?...

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #114 - 05/14/14 at 10:01:30

WebsterMark wrote on 05/14/14 at 08:57:08:
I've seen the no warming for 17 years before, but I've never seen a rebuttal from climate change scientist to explain this. anyone have a readable explanation?...

May I quote that all-American Philosopher, Danny deVito:

Cheesy

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #115 - 05/14/14 at 12:05:37

sea temps are rising under mining the ice

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #116 - 05/14/14 at 12:21:05

thumperclone wrote on 05/14/14 at 12:05:37:

That's a myopic view of the problem.
Yes warmer water is melting the ice.
where did it come from?
have the currents changed?

drop an ice cube into a glass of water, sure it melts, but the water is cold.

WWW   IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #117 - 05/15/14 at 06:11:04

--Steve

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #118 - 05/15/14 at 10:20:04

verslagen1 wrote on 05/14/14 at 12:21:05:
thumperclone wrote on 05/14/14 at 12:05:37:

That's a myopic view of the problem.
Yes warmer water is melting the ice.
where did it come from?
have the currents changed?

drop an ice cube into a glass of water, sure it melts, but the water is cold.

As to rising sea temps... The larger issue seems to be that the  current "97% model" does not take into consideration ANYTHING but rising CO2 as causation. So while all agree that the sea ice is being melted from underneath, there is no modeling to incorporate that fact. Instead only human created CO2 is being considered.  
The findings of the IPCC are not finalized by scientists, but by politicians. The politicians decided what methods could be used and what the resulting facts are... not the scientists.

Thus we can say:
100% of the countries that sent politicians to IPCC are in agreement that human caused CO2 explains 100% of causation of global warming.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #119 - 05/15/14 at 13:18:32

This might get me a 15 yard penalty for piling on or perhaps un-sportsmanship for a late hit, but going back up the post a bit, we were discussing how the climate change scientist were able to influence 'consensus' by bringing mafia style or union thugary pressure on those scientist that stepped out of line. The guy listed below is no one I've heard of (other than Al Gore, how many of us can name a 'climate scientist) but apparently in his field, he was a big shot.

Professor Lennart Bengtsson - the leading scientist who three weeks ago signalled his defection to the climate sceptic camp by joining the board of the Global Warming Policy Foundation - has now dramatically been forced to resign from his position.

His views on the weakness of the "consensus" haven't changed. But as he admits in his resignation letter, he has been so badly bullied by his alarmist former colleagues that he is worried his health and career will suffer.

Bengtsson's recruitment by the GWPF (the London-based think tank set up by former Chancellor Lord Lawson) represented a huge coup for the climate realist cause. The Swedish climatologist, meteorologist, former director of the Max Planck Institute for Meteorology in Hamburg and winner, in 2006, of the 51st IMO Prize of the World Meteorological Organization for his pioneering work in numerical weather prediction - was by some margin the most distinguished scientist to change sides.

But this, of course, is why he has been singled out for especial vitriol by the climate alarmist establishment - as he describes in his resignation letter.

I have been put under such an enormous group pressure in recent days from all over the world that has become virtually unbearable to me. If this is going to continue I will be unable to conduct my normal work and will even start to worry about my health and safety. I see therefore no other way out therefore than resigning from GWPF. I had not expecting such an enormous world-wide pressure put at me from a community that I have been close to all my active life. Colleagues are withdrawing their support, other colleagues are withdrawing from joint authorship etc. I see no limit and end to what will happen.

It is a situation that reminds me about the time of McCarthy. I would never have expecting anything similar in such an original peaceful community as meteorology. Apparently it has been transformed in recent years. Under these situation I will be unable to contribute positively to the work of GWPF and consequently therefore I believe it is the best for me to reverse my decision to join its Board at the earliest possible time.

This is more shameful conduct by the climate "community". As a general point, it seems to me that, if climate change is as serious a problem as the climate "community" believes, then it will require large measures that need broadly based commitment from all walks of our society. Most "skeptics" are not acolytes of the Koch brothers, but people who have not thus far been convinced that the problem is as serious as represented or that the prescribed policies (wind, solar especially) provide any form of valid insurance against the risk. These are people that the climate "community" should be trying to persuade. Bengtsson’s planned participation in GWPF seemed to me to be the sort of outreach to rational skeptics that ought to be praiseworthy within the climate "community". Instead, the "community" has extended the fatwa. This is precisely the sort of action and attitude that can only engender and reinforce contempt for the "community" in the broader society.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 05:50:31

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Hot Earth...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.