Oh hell no.... (Read 273 times)
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Re: Oh hell no....
Reply #30 - 04/29/13 at 16:13:53

WebsterMark wrote on 04/26/13 at 11:50:10:
TEA co-opted by the Koch brothers and then attached to the republican party was all that kept the TEA alive.

that is so wrong it's not even funny....

Yeah, pretty much the opposite. And occupy was astroturf all the way.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #31 - 04/29/13 at 16:54:34

WebsterMark wrote on 04/29/13 at 14:54:56:
I think the President and Congress at the time of those wars believed the USA has an important role to play in the world and at that time, we needed to intervene with force. Like I said, I do not believe a war has been started with the expressed purpose to make money for the President. I certainly believe Presidents have 'stretched the truth' to move their agenda forward; such as Roosevelt.

I guess its just a coincidence thingy Cheyney and Haliburton became overnight multi millionaires.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #32 - 04/29/13 at 19:30:47

they did NOT become millionaires overnight; where did you get that.

Go back in time and tell me what company, other than Halliburton, could do the job the army asked a private company to do? Oh, by the way, didn't Cheney have to divest himself of all company stock?

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #33 - 04/29/13 at 20:14:27

Dane Allen wrote on 04/29/13 at 16:13:53:
WebsterMark wrote on 04/26/13 at 11:50:10:
TEA co-opted by the Koch brothers and then attached to the republican party was all that kept the TEA alive.

that is so wrong it's not even funny....

Yeah, pretty much the opposite. And occupy was astroturf all the way.

Dude Occupy was completely disjointed and was clueless ... for example Charlotte they protested Duke power and the banks ... like WTF ... and in asheville they wanted to legalize marijuana ...
Nothing astroturf about it ... much like real grassroots organisations it was very localised.
Charlotte Occupy locations were littered with pizza boxes and bagel boxes and coffee cups. Seriously man, we cant even protest something without breaking for lunch it looks like.

It was toothless and incoherent ... but it was the real deal ... sounds pathetic ... but we are no arabs ... we cant even do a proper overthrow ...
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #34 - 04/29/13 at 20:31:52

Cheyney so called divested his stock gains but Haliburton claimed it as a loss. All the time he was in office he recieved anywhere from $160,000 to over $200,000 in deferred salary. Haliburton received many government contracts in Iraq and Katrina. I don't guess we'll ever know how many companies could do what Haliburton did because no one was allowed to bid against them. Cheney is one of the crookedest sons of bitches to ever inhabit the earth. Wonder how many overseas accounts he has from money under the table from Haliburton.
Raw Story, October 2005
Title: “Cheney’s Halliburton Stock Options Rose 3,281 Percent Last Year, Senator Finds”
Author: John Byrne

Senator Frank Lautenberg’s website
Title: “Cheney’s Halliburton Stock Options Soar to $9.2 Million”

Faculty Evaluator: Phil Beard
Student Researchers: Matthew Beavers and Willie Martin

Vice President thingy Cheney’s stock options in Halliburton rose from $241,498 in 2004 to over $8 million in 2005, an increase of more than 3,000 percent, as Halliburton continues to rake in billions of dollars from no-bid/no-audit government contracts.

An analysis released by Senator Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ) reveals that as Halliburton’s fortunes rise, so do the Vice President’s. Halliburton has already taken more than $10 billion from the Bush-Cheney administration for work in Iraq. They were also awarded many of the unaccountable post-Katrina government contracts, as off-shore subsidiaries of Halliburton quietly worked around U.S. sanctions to conduct very questionable business with Iran (See Story #2). “It is unseemly,” notes Lautenberg, “for the Vice President to continue to benefit from this company at the same time his administration funnels billions of dollars to it.”

According to the Vice President’s Federal Financial Disclosure forms, he holds the following Halliburton stock options:

100,000 shares at $54.5000 (vested), expire December 3, 2007
33,333 shares at $28.1250 (vested), expire December 2, 2008
300,000 shares at $39.5000 (vested), expire December 2, 2009

The Vice President has attempted to fend off criticism by signing an agreement to donate the after-tax profits from these stock options to charities of his choice, and his lawyer has said he will not take any tax deduction for the donations. However, the Congressional Research Service (CRS) concluded in September 2003 that holding stock options while in elective office does constitute a “financial interest” regardless of whether the holder of the options will donate proceeds to charities. Valued at over $9 million, the Vice President could exercise his stock options for a substantial windfall, not only benefiting his designated charities, but also providing Halliburton with a tax deduction.

CRS also found that receiving deferred compensation is a financial interest. The Vice President continues to receive deferred salary from Halliburton. While in office, he has received the following salary payments from Halliburton:

Deferred salary paid by Halliburton to Vice President Cheney in 2001: $205,298
Deferred salary paid by Halliburton to Vice President Cheney in 2002: $162,392
Deferred salary paid by Halliburton to Vice President Cheney in 2003: $178,437
Deferred salary paid by Halliburton to Vice President Cheney in 2004: $194,852

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #35 - 04/30/13 at 05:05:24

all that means nothing. I don't believe Bush started a war to make his buddy rich. I don't believe even Obama who's the number one POS on the planet would do that. well... maybe Obama..... but no one else....

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #36 - 04/30/13 at 06:00:31

If Romney would have won we would have already bombed Iran,N Korea,Syria adding to GWB's attacks.Were lucky we don't have another Hitler in office.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #37 - 04/30/13 at 06:13:08

[quote author=2A2B3037382D31590 link=1366899487/30#33 date=1367291667][quote author=684D42496D404049422C0 link=1366899487/30#30 date=1367277233]WebsterMark wrote on 04/26/13 at 11:50:10:
Dude Occupy was completely disjointed and was clueless ... for example Charlotte they protested Duke power and the banks ... like WTF ... and in asheville they wanted to legalize marijuana ...
Nothing astroturf about it ... much like real grassroots organisations it was very localised.
Charlotte Occupy locations were littered with pizza boxes and bagel boxes and coffee cups. Seriously man, we cant even protest something without breaking for lunch it looks like.

That's part of what was great about the Occupy movement. Why should they be responsible for fixing someone else's problem? They didn't cause the problem, they are just upset about it. Do they have a plan to fix it? No, but neither does the other side. At least they're making their voices heard.

As far as crediting them for individual things, like you suggest, you can't blame the entire group for a few people pushing their own agendas while masquerading under cover

--Steve

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #38 - 04/30/13 at 07:53:57

First you acuse me of lying. Then I prove it to you, then you say it means nothing. Webster you're a real piece of work. Are you so naïve you actually believe wars arent fought over money? Money =power. Wars are fought for two reasons, religion or power. Billions are made fighting war. Get your nose out of the Wall St Journal and find out whats really going on! Even the civil war was fought over money. My poor ancestors didn't have slaves but they fought for the rich slave owners. There's huge profits being made off of materials to fight wars and evil men like Cheyney take advantage of it by promoting lies. This isn't a 3rd grade Sunday School Class, this is the REAL world.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #39 - 04/30/13 at 09:03:42

I was told back in 1963 when I was in the army,That immigrants get 5 years here without having to pay income tax.So they get a chance to get started.If its still true which I don't know,But then why don't Americans get 5 years when they get out of school have same benefit.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #40 - 04/30/13 at 09:10:24

Easy there Midnight; I’m not calling you a liar. You are approaching this from the point of view that Bush and Cheney knowingly lied to start a war for the sole purpose of making money. I do not believe that to be true. And yes, I do not believe wars are fought primarily over money. Now if you expand your definition of money to include protecting a way of life, I would agree with you. In that “ way of life”, some are wealthy, some are not. You think WWI was over money? I don’t think so. It was fought over, in this case, changing the ‘way of life’. WWII was fought to preserve a way of life. Half the people on this forum are so caught up in how other people live, how much money they make, it’s disturbing. Live your own life and forget about thingy Cheney’s wallet.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #41 - 04/30/13 at 09:16:17

Then thingy should forget my wallet,The Republican congressmen want to do away with SS,Why because most of them were born in a rich family so they were born with Security. If there wasn't SS then I lot of people would be on welfare once they retired.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #42 - 04/30/13 at 09:27:20

Changing their way of life and power are basically the same thing, just different words. If I force you to live like me its power. Why are we in the middle east? Oil, money and power. If there were no oil there we could care less. Cheyney's lies upset me a lot more than his pocketbook. I have several millionaire friends who love to hang out with me because we grew up together the same way. I'm glad they're very successful and they worked hard and were smart and deserve what they have like Jerry E. When you have to lie like Cheyney did to become an overnight millionaire and innocent people are maimed and murdered I get riled. I wouldn't take Cheyney's blood stained money if he give it to me. I don't have much but what I've got I worked for it honestly and lied to no one. There was no real evidence of WMDs and Cheyney and his cohorts knew it. The fact that no one was allowed to bid on government contracts except Haliburton proves beyond doubt it was Cheyneys baby, it was all about the money.They're war criminals and should be treated as such.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #43 - 04/30/13 at 09:56:23

bill67 wrote on 04/30/13 at 09:03:42:
I was told back in 1963 when I was in the army,That immigrants get 5 years here without having to pay income tax.So they get a chance to get started.If its still true which I don't know,But then why don't Americans get 5 years when they get out of school have same benefit.

No no no hell no. Not even close. However when I arrived in the US for the first 3-4 years I made a pitifully small amount of $$$ ... both cos I was living in cheap and small cities like Temple PA and Spokane WA - an apt cost under 350 ... and cos I was starting out and income taxes were progressive ... I managed to pay say 13-14% cos I barely budged the needle beyond the poverty line.

In a way ... I had a job ... something very similar to what a fresh grad would have, I lived like one and paid tax like one. The harrowing part was the possibility that if I was fired/laid off I'd have to leave the country in 30 days or find a new job that was willing to file the employment papers for me. I used to when laid off have my belongings I would take with me packed and ready to go as well as reservations for tickets ... I got close a few times to having to leave ... but squeaked through.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #44 - 04/30/13 at 10:09:17

No sir. Let’s say we are being invaded. You own a company that makes a product the army needs to use in order to fight off the invasion.
Are you saying we stand by and get over run because you stand to make a huge financial gain? I don’t think so. People make money in war the same way roofers make money in hurricanes.

Also, if there were no oil, we couldn’t care less.  Of course that’s true. Take oil away from the US and see how quick you change your tune.

Cheyney did to become an overnight millionaire

Cheney did not become an overnight millionaire. I’m not sure where you are getting this information.

When you say there was no evidence of WMD and cheney and his cohorts knew it, you are including tens of thousands of employees of intelligence agencies all across the world. For whatever reason, you seem to think Cheney tricked half the world into believing in WMD so he could make some money. This just isn’t true.

If you are going to charge Cheney with war crimes, I suggest you charge most of the US Congress as well including John Kerry, Hiliary Clinton etc….

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 01:25:46

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Oh hell no....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.