Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
From a rat to a brat and ending up a cafe! (Read 2787 times)
MiCTLaN

O_o

Winter Haven, FL
Re: From a rat to a brat and ending up a cafe!
Reply #15 - 02/27/13 at 07:57:58

braveteacher wrote on 02/26/13 at 12:51:05:
You said "Sun pass"  LOL  what about this kind of plate?

That's neat and all if you're planning on running toll booths... I'd be more concerned about being pulled over for having the vertical tag (by Johnny Law who "just knows that is illegal"), and being able to defend myself with the actual Florida Statute, especially if I was given a ticket and wanted to contest it:

316.2085(3)
The license tag of a motorcycle or moped must be permanently affixed to the vehicle and remain clearly visible from the rear at all times. Any deliberate act to conceal or obscure the legibility of the license tag of a motorcycle is prohibited. The license tag of a motorcycle or moped may be affixed horizontally to the ground so that the numbers and letters read from left to right. Alternatively, a license tag for a motorcycle or moped for which the numbers and letters read from top to bottom may be affixed perpendicularly to the ground. Notwithstanding the authorization to affix the license tag of a motorcycle or moped perpendicularly to the ground, the owner or operator of a motorcycle or moped shall pay any required toll pursuant to s. 316.1001 by whatever means available.

via: http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=03...

...not that I have done any research on the matter, mind you  Wink

It actually appears that this has been amended since the last time I looked at it, the old requirement specifically stated "provided that the registered owner of the motorcycle or moped maintains a prepaid toll account in good standing and a transponder associated with the prepaid toll account is affixed to the motorcycle or moped.", but that language appears to have been removed.  So, according to current Florida law, you can have a vertical license plate on a motorcycle as long as you don't run tolls.

IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 02/27/13 at 10:07:11

great job on the bike.

IP Logged
braveteacher

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 02/27/13 at 12:31:47

Trust me I am not going to be driving on the toll roads...the other day I was going on my first long trip (20miles) to Apopka to visit my brother...I told my wife that I would not get on any big roads and would be very careful...so it real early in the morning and there was no traffic...So when I got to downtown Orlando, I thought " I'm getting on I-4! it will be quicker"...mistake! I exited on the first exit!  LOL

Call me a Wuss...I like looking cool...I like the fact that the bike has tons of get up and go...but I will not be riding over 56MPH (fastest I have gotten her up to without choking on my balls...) or riding on anymore big roads...

Just saying....

IP Logged
MiCTLaN

O_o

Winter Haven, FL
Reply #18 - 02/27/13 at 21:08:12

braveteacher wrote on 02/27/13 at 12:31:47:
I like the fact that the bike has tons of get up and go...but I will not be riding over 56MPH (fastest I have gotten her up to without choking on my balls...) or riding on anymore big roads...

I don't blame you, the closest I've been to a freeway was on the stretch of 27 between I-4 and 19, heading up backroads to get to Daytona for Biketoberfest last year.  I don't like that kind of traffic... 55mph or so is about where my bike gets really comfortable though, is yours squirrely due to all of the (awesome) mods, or is it just that you don't like riding that fast?

I might have to head up your way sometime and check out your bike in person, it's one of my favorites that I've seen on here  Grin

IP Logged
braveteacher

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 02/28/13 at 05:47:04

On the speed,  I got her up to 56 and she was all over the place...when I got home I checked my pressure and guess what?  It was super low...I have not had a chance to get her back up to speed...maybe this weekend I will see if she can pull 70+....She certainly has the throttle to do it.

Thanks on the compliment!  I think I am a better photographer than builder...She looks as good as I could get her for being a novice garage build and cheap Harbor Frieght tools/welder.

IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #20 - 02/28/13 at 10:04:51

Beautiful bike...and don't worry you'll get her up to speed...the main thing is to start to feel comfortable on it...the first time I got on this bike after not riding for 30 years I got up to 45 and thought I was gonna fly off the back...lol

I've had her up to about 85 and that's plenty just for fun...occassionally I'll get on the freeway for a short stretch (10-15 miles) and cruise along at 65-70 but it leaves me feeling a little frazzled...

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
braveteacher

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 02/28/13 at 18:35:50

Flipped the plate around and got some lights as well...

IP Logged
braveteacher

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 03/01/13 at 15:24:09

Todays project...I hate that I did not buy a speedo with indicator lights...I keep leaving my blinkers on...so here is my solution...looks like it was always this way...cool when something works out...

IP Logged
gdrseeker

Addicted!!

Carson Valley NV
Reply #23 - 03/01/13 at 23:29:21

That looks very cool.  What are the lights?

1996 Savage, Jardine, K&N, 145 / 55 jets, 1 turn out at 5000 ft. elevation.
  IP Logged
braveteacher

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 03/02/13 at 04:37:46

led blinkers...so I know to turn them off

IP Logged
braveteacher

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 03/02/13 at 04:51:04

IP Logged
Hotreels10
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

AL
Reply #26 - 03/05/13 at 19:05:51

Awesome bike! I know you might have mentioned it somewhere but can you tell me the model # exhaust you picked up from Summit and the model seat loop you used? I went to your linked site for the build. I love the sound of the exhaust you used.

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #27 - 03/06/13 at 06:06:41

BTW, do you still have the shorty ? I have the standard Sportster muff, but I looove the shorty's looks !  Cool

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
braveteacher

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #28 - 03/06/13 at 12:26:30

I purchased the loop from a guy on ebay...I emailed him and told him that I wanted it with extra long legs...He used a length of pipe and it cost me if I remember 80 or 90 bucks...so it is a one off.

The exhaust is :

IP Logged
braveteacher

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #29 - 03/06/13 at 12:27:13

No I do not have the shorty anymore...sorry.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 09:17:22

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › From a rat to a brat and ending up a cafe!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.