Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Global Warming Accelerating At Alarming Rate (Read 462 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Global Warming Accelerating At Alarming Rate
Reply #30 - 06/27/12 at 11:17:59

The whole thing was a scam cooked up by Ken Lay & Fat Al Gore,
Look at the predictions that havent come true.,& look at the proponents who have come out & admitted they were wrong.
Let GO of the lies,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #31 - 06/27/12 at 11:43:13

So,.. you say it is happening,... and we are adding to it... but, because it will effect your lifestyle,.. you are not willing to try to reduce it?...
it's not significant. There are about one million things more important. The temp has not increase in 10 years yet we've done nothing significant to slow down co2, in fact co2 out put has increase so shouldn't that tell you the predictions are way, way off base??? Shouldn't it?

This "climatgate".. is all based on a phrase found in some e-mails... "Trick"...

That is so far from being correct its almost not even funny.

Besides that... you yourself have admitted that you believe the science...  You just don't agree with any attempt to do anything about it...

I believe in the 3rd law of thermodynamics, but I’m not trying to do anything about it either.

Neither are significant in the immediate future. We keep hearing about all these horrible disasters just around the corner if we don’t drop everything and do what a limited number of scientist say, but every time a milestone is suppose to be reached, it falls short only to be replaced with another. It reminds me of the dude who keeps predicting the end of the world and just pushes the date back.  

Global warming is a big business now and just like you say big oil distorts the truth, are you so naïve as to not believe greed would have an impact on climatologist whose career is based upon one single thing? You think they’re gonna pop up and say “opps, I was wrong, guess I’ll go into biology instead…”

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #32 - 06/27/12 at 12:55:51

I'm quite sure big oil pays better than big windmill... Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #33 - 06/27/12 at 14:21:34

I would hope so. Big oil has more value that big windmill.........

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #34 - 06/27/12 at 14:53:01

At least they own more politicians.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #35 - 06/27/12 at 18:19:55

Having observed that global temperatures since the turn of the millennium have not gone up in the way computer-based climate models predicted, Lovelock acknowledged, “the problem is we don’t know what the climate is doing. We thought we knew 20 years ago.” Now, Lovelock has given a follow-up interview to the UK’s Guardian newspaper in which he delivers more bombshells sure to anger the global green movement, which for years worshipped his Gaia theory and apocalyptic predictions that billions would die from man-made climate change by the end of this century.

“the problem is we don’t know what the climate is doing. We thought we knew 20 years ago.”

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/06/22/green-drivel

But you alarmists just keep swinging,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #36 - 06/27/12 at 21:38:31

I grew up in western Washington, have spend hundreds of days in Mt Rainier National Park. I can remember as a kid being able to see the Nisqually glacier from the bridge on the way to Paradise. Last time I was in the park, couldn't see a hint of it. BUT, since MT Rainier IS a live volcano, I can't say it is all due to global warming.

Our last winter in WA (moved away in March 2011)... I spent many a night in my Peterbilt in the mountains. Too much snow to cross the passes, too much snow/ice for the plow crews to keep up, night temps of -11 or lower were common.

We're having a cold spell here in west TN right now, it only hit 102*F at the farm today... a month ahead of schedule. Was 106*F 2 days ago... and the temp probe is in constant shade.

I'm inclined to believe the changes are regional. Just like standard weather patterns.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #37 - 06/28/12 at 06:04:03

i'm inclinded to agree with you...

we're scheduled to have hottest day on record here in St. Louis, 108, and i will have to listen to the goofy local news reports about global warming as the cause yet not one of them will try to explain how a .1 increase in global temps is responsible for a day where the temp is 20 over 'normal'....

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #38 - 06/28/12 at 10:30:02

.1 x200 is 20 degrees.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #39 - 07/03/12 at 06:26:57

warming schmarming

The changes in global temp have always been there, and the past 10 years, 100 years, and 1,000 years show nothing out of line with the previous 10,000 years.

Think of how much time, energy, and money have been wasted on this issue,...

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #40 - 07/03/12 at 09:08:01

Once upon a time, there were grapes that grew in areas today they cant survive, its too cold. The sun is always in the same place, providing the light, but its not a machine. Its going thru changes of its own, & there are indications on other planets that they are seeing changes in their climates. Im pretty confident my SUV isnt contributing to that.

http://theresilientearth.com/?q=content/medieval-warm-period-rediscovered

The figure shows a proxy-derived long-term NAO reconstruction. (Top) Reconstructed winter precipitation for Scotland and February-to-June Palmer Drought Severity Index for Morocco. Records were normalized over the common period (1049–1995) and smoothed with the use of a 30-year cubic spline. The bottom graph shows a winter North Atlantic Oscillation (NAO) reconstruction (black curve). The gray area is the estimated uncertainty. The researchers' conclusions?

The persistent positive phase reconstructed for the MCA appears to be associated with prevailing La Niña–like conditions possibly initiated by enhanced solar irradiance and/or reduced volcanic activity and amplified and prolonged by enhanced AMOC. The relaxation from this particular ocean-atmosphere state into the LIA appears to be globally contemporaneous and suggests a notable and persistent reorganization of large-scale oceanic and atmospheric circulation patterns.

Here AMOC stands for the Atlantic Meridional Overturning Current (i.e. the ocean conveyer belt) and LIA for Little Ice Age, the period of global cooling that followed the Medeival Warm Period and lasted until the mid 1800s. What they are saying is that both the MCA and the LIA were real and had identifiable root causes. This result stands in stark contrast with the hocky stick result where the Medieval Warm Period and Little Ice Age almost disappeared, replaced by a largely benign, slight cooling trend that lasted until ~1900.

Theres more, hit the link, visit the site, click on the graphs & let them go full screen. Or, dont, I mean, what are the chances its all been a hoax? Ken Lay & Al Gore had a hand in this crap., & if you dont believe there can be some tremendous games played on the masses, & get their consent to do ridiculous things, ya just dont know how it works,. If you still believe the Fed is a good thing & its Constitutional, yourer probably unable to see thru this, too.

ce Core Data Confirms Medieval Period Warmer Than Present
Submitted by admin on Tue, 06/15/2010 - 12:21.

New ice core data indicates that natural climate variations caused huge temperature variations in the past. A recent study finds:

The Medieval Warming period had temperatures that approached 1°C higher than current temperatures, in spite of lower CO2 levels.
   The Minoan Warming period had temperatures that possibly exceeded current temperatures by 1°C, in spite of lower CO2 levels.
   The previous interglacial period, approximately 130,000 years ago, had temperatures in excess of 4°C versus current temperatures, in spite of lower CO2 levels.

A recent article in the journal Science has provided a new, detailed climate record for the Medieval Climate Anomaly (MCA), also know as the Medieval Warm Period. It was the most recent pre-industrial warm period, noted in Europe and elsewhere around the globe. The researchers present a 947-year-long multi-decadal North Atlantic Oscillation (NAO) reconstruction and find a persistent positive NAO during the MCA. The interesting thing is that the MCA had basically been removed from the climate record by Michael Mann's infamous “hockey stick” history graph that was adopted by the IPCC a decade ago.

More interesting, Trouet et al., based their work in part on a tree-ring–based drought reconstruction for Morocco (1049–2002) and a millennial-length speleothem-based precipitation proxy for Scotland (900–1993), a methodology similar to Mann's work. Unlike Mann, these researchers found significant climate warming during the MCA. According to the report: “The Morocco and Scotland reconstructions contain substantial multi-decadal variability that is characterized by antiphase oscillatory behavior over the last millennium.” Their reconstruction can be seen in the figure from the article seen below.

IP Logged
Drifter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #41 - 07/05/12 at 19:55:48

Some little boy throws a rock across the roof of some house and it hits the traveling preacher on the head....my god the sky is falling here is proof an ice ball from hell...just hit me.  Gotta be an act of god.........nothing happens unless god says so...pick whichever god you believe in or is most popular today.........little boy laughs what a lunitic even at 8 years old he can... see!

Humans have a cause and effect on this planet I bet the 2% believe we have no effect on the worlds fish stocks or trees etc....and the more oil we dig frack and steal and pump in the air is a good thing. We have to leave a habitable planet for our children and grand children or find someplace else to live....last time i checked no real good choices there. Many think screw it there is money to be made.

Old indian saying, when the fish animals and trees are gone i wonder how long they will live eating money..... Huh

IP Logged
heroicseven

oops, I broke it.

San Diego
Reply #42 - 07/05/12 at 22:08:48

warming schmorming. get theese yahoos in washington to cool down spending. Cool

00' raptor - supertrapp - 52.5 - 155 - half spacer - versaved
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #43 - 07/05/12 at 22:19:10

Drifter, no one is sayi9ng man doesnt impact thngs, just lets get some perspective,, In a day or 2 therell be a story out about Europes Atlantis, about how many miles of formerly inhabited land is on the ocean floor,, My suv did that, too? The sun goes thru cycles, the Earth heats & cools. During midevil times, there were grapes growing many miles north of where they grow today. There has been an effort by a certain faction to get people to believe these changes were mans fault, so they could make $$$. Carbon Taxes, Carbon Credits,, all a sham,,

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #44 - 07/06/12 at 00:49:49

I dont see how anyone that actually rides a motorcycle can not believe in global warming. You can be riding out through the country and just as soon as you come into a town the temp rises 5 to 7 degrees. DAH

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/16/24 at 23:59:29

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Global Warming Accelerating At Alarming Rate

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.