Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
Global Warming Accelerating At Alarming Rate (Read 462 times)
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Global Warming Accelerating At Alarming Rate
06/02/12 at 21:08:16

AP news Greenhouse gas levels pass symbolic 400ppm CO2 milestone

Monitoring stations in the Arctic detect record levels of carbon dioxide, higher than ever above 'safe' 350ppm mark

Monitoring stations in the Arctic detect record levels of carbon dioxide, higher than ever above 'safe' 350ppm mark

The world's air has reached what scientists call a troubling new milestone for carbon dioxide, the main global warming pollutant.

Monitoring stations across the Arctic this spring are measuring more than 400 parts per million of the heat-trapping gas in the atmosphere. The number isn't quite a surprise, because it's been rising at an accelerating pace.

Years ago, it passed the 350ppm mark that many scientists say is the highest safe level for carbon dioxide. It now stands globally at 395.

So far, only the Arctic has reached that 400 level, but the rest of the world will follow soon.

Clinton tours Arctic as big powers vie for resources

Source: Reuters

U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton boards a research ship on Saturday to tour the Arctic, where big powers are vying for vast deposits of oil, gas and minerals that are becoming available as the polar ice recedes.

The top U.S. diplomat took the unusual step of visiting Tromso, a Norwegian town in the Arctic Circle, to dramatize U.S. interests in a once inaccessible region whose resources are up for grabs as the sea ice melts with climate change.

"From a strategic standpoint, the Arctic has an increasing geopolitical importance as countries vie to protect their rights and extend their influence," Clinton told reporters in Oslo before making the nearly two-hour flight north to Tromso.

"We want to work with Norway and the Arctic Council to help manage these changes and to agree on what would be, in effect, the rules of the road in the Arctic, so new developments are economically sustainable and environmentally responsible," she added.

Now ask yourself this:

If the climate change data is a hoax, what possable motive would there be for for such a hoax?

...because we sure do know what the corporate interest's motive is for dening the science now don't we...$$$$$$$$.

How do rightwing idiots keep their heads from exploding? The compartmentalization of irreconcilable beliefs must be very very difficult.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Global Warming Accelerating At Alarming Rate
Reply #1 - 06/03/12 at 06:46:13

Go hunting for connections between ken lay/al gore & the carbon tax.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #2 - 06/03/12 at 18:55:51

JOG not EVERYTHING is a conspiracy. And whatever you conspiracy theory is, global warming / climate change is still a fact.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 06/03/12 at 23:24:00

Its a con game, they want to hit us with a Carbon Tax, as if thats gonna stop things. & YOud just be shocked at the number of things in this country that are Being DONE, like the ruination of the school system, intentionally, & the condition of the economy is no accident, & remember what was done in Ca., by Enron? All the laws passed & the peoples voice just not heard,, Someone wants it done & its not JQ Public,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
lambdavi
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

Rome, Italy
Reply #4 - 06/12/12 at 05:46:15

"Monitoring stations in the Arctic detect record levels of carbon dioxide, higher than ever above 'safe' 350ppm mark "

I'd like an independent evaluation of CO2 in Detroit, Chicago, Hamburg and/or Milan, well known industrial centers.

Funny how CO2 readings are highest where nobody lives ???

I smell something stinky... and it ain't bad fish... Lips Sealed

LambdaVi
Rider and stonecutter
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #5 - 06/12/12 at 11:59:15

Global warming is hitting northerner Wisconsin hard to night,They are have frost warning for tonight.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #6 - 06/12/12 at 19:31:28

I suspect the great thing about global warming is it will allow some little bacteria (probally not Muslim, Jew or Christian) to survive and mutate in the newer extreme climate..and that little bugger will wipe out most of humanity..which will reduce carbon emmissions faster than any tax..and the flies will multiply till the skies sound like Niagra Falls. Wink

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 06/12/12 at 20:10:29

If the weather in St. Louis becomes the same as the weather in Atlanta, why would these little bacteria not grow in Atlanta right now?....

But honestly, I've not read a sastisfactory explanation how .5 degree increase in average temperature is going to devastate the earth.... I don't believe it.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #8 - 06/12/12 at 22:05:45

It will have some good aspects and some bad aspects. Our pecan trees budded out at their earliest date since they were planted (1958-1964). I only missed work 3 or 4 times due to winter conditions this last year (then again, snow is rare here anyway). Garden could have been started in February for cool season crops.

Huge insect population. Huge rodent population. Huge poisonous snake population. Damaging winds and rains. Lots of wildfires in places that usually don't get them. All the rivers, ponds, lakes and streams are low. We're 10" below normal rainfall right now for the year. Mild winter increased the deer population, now I see/smell dead ones all over the place. Which increases the insect population.

With our place being clothing optional, hitting the high 70s in January was nice, a touch of extra income potential. Clearing 100*F in May rather sucked though. Too hot to get outside and get the orchards pruned and mowed. Running a 50+ year old tractor in that kind of heat cooks the operator (you can't mow our orchards clothes free, too many thorn trees).

12 years ago this property did not have half the insects and weeds it does now. They couldn't live this far north. Anyone know how to kill sub-tropical vines? They're taking over.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 06/13/12 at 00:20:24

I dont say we arent warming, but why is the question, A carbon tax? REally? What a load,,

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 06/14/12 at 04:46:04

12 years ago this property did not have half the insects and weeds it does now. They couldn't live this far north. Anyone know how to kill sub-tropical vines? They're taking over.

that's my point; are you trying to tell me at 1/2 degree avg increase over 10 years is the cause of this? and by the way, the avg temp has stayed level the past 10 years, it was the 10 years before that the avg temp increased.

IP Logged
Stimpy - FSO
Serious Thumper

SuzukisSavage Int'l
Division

Germany - formerly SD, SoCal
Reply #11 - 06/14/12 at 19:48:59

Er, we got hail yesterday, bad.

It's the middle of friggin' JUNE!

Parts around Munich had snow last week.

And there is a HUGE storm (cold front) forming in the Atlantic right now
about to hit the U.K. and it will be here in Europe 4 days, yay!

This feels more like the beginning of an ice age to me.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Word of advice:

Trust scientists, researchers, "experts" and doctors

as much as you do priests.

Where do you ppl think all those research grants come from?

The grant fairy?  

You think this $$ has no strings attached? Think again.

...and they all wear robes you know (cult)  Huh

Recently sold 97'savage (change of residence) - looking to buy another - just bought a temp, a great SR125 called 'methadone'
WWW Stimpy - FSO   IP Logged
Drifter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 06/25/12 at 08:14:43

Hundreds of lakes and ponds are drying up in central florida due to record heat and no rain people are parking tractors and cars under there boat houses. Amazing site to see! where i live 2 or 3 months with little or no rain is common now. Some places are getting colder most are not. The ice on the poles is melting and getting smaller every year, only the blind or stupid cannot see things are changing.

WD, same with me and the trees and garden, lots of stuff dying. For the people with there heads in the sand where do you think all the stuff goes coming out our exhaust pipes and coal smoke stacks burning forrest etc. Add to that the 7acres of trees being cut every minute around the world. Trees eat the stuff from our exhaust....where does it go?? Undecided   The extinct tribe on the easter islands should send a loud message to US.   Nope...big oil rules.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #13 - 06/25/12 at 09:08:44

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 06/25/12 at 10:36:40

The ice on the poles is melting and getting smaller every year, only the blind or stupid cannot see things are changing.

been up to the poles to check that out yourself huh?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/16/24 at 22:29:07

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Global Warming Accelerating At Alarming Rate

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.